Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:19 AM
johnno56 is offline johnno56

Teleporting

Before you say, "Have you read the Tut or Manual?", the answer is yes.

I have created a group of 5 bad guys (group 3). Created an area trigger. Created a Teleport Target (destination). Created an event to teleport.

The group of 5 have their "Z" value set to 100.

The event:

if group 1 is in area 1 then
teleport group 3 to target 1

The problem:

Group 1 (me) enters area 1 and the bad guys (group 3) parachute to target 1. All 5 of them land on the one spot...

Any suggestions? The tutorial used is the one I found on this site "Teleporting groups/paratroopers"

Regards

J

May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
so they do teleport then parachute but all land inside each other. or don't they parachute at all?
Old 12-22-2009, 07:00 AM

Steve,

They all parachute AND teleport "as one". When the group teleports, all you can see is one parachute, and one bad guy when they land. (shot the guy 5 times. Each time a body fell)

I setup the group spaced apart. (the same as the five dots on a dice) Selected all 5 and created a group.

It's my first attempt at teleporting and I have probably done something wrong. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

J

Live long and prosper.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
don't think you have done anything wrong at all, it just needs tweaking for your scenario. is there a radius or area size option for the teleport marker? sorry it's a long time since ive done this kind of stuff.

i ge the feeling you might have to have a seperate teleport marker for each guy to land on, yeah that's a lot more events :/
Old 12-22-2009, 07:36 AM

Steve,

I had that thought niggling around in the back of the head, but figured "nah, that would be too much work. There has to be any easier way."

If that is the case, then I will be wearing the fingers down to the knuckles, because I have a group of 7 and a group of 9, that are waiting on the map itching to be coded-in.

Thanks for your help. I will let you know how I get on.

regards

J

Live long and prosper.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:40 PM
CarpeDiem is offline CarpeDiem

Johnno56, Oi Mate...:-)
I'm not from Australia, rather in Colorado,USA. I stumbled onto your 'Map-predicament' while looking around here.
Yours is a common issue when mappers are using: groups/teleport/target/Ai insertion placement needing a special action.
I believe I have a resolve for the delema you posted here, if you still need help!!!
My question is: What "Genre/Type" of map are you building? [eg. coop,dm,tdm, etc...]
I have subscribed to your post. So, when I get an email from here, I'll post again.
Nothing is impossible as long as we look to the knowledge of dreams!
cheers mate;
Carpe Diem
Old 12-31-2009, 04:13 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

HAPPY NEW YEAR MATE!
Please ensure that only you are in the gp1 blue, change all else to gp3 green, cept the reds ...please put ALL 5 of the RED chuters to there own groups, gp4-gp9? and a teleport maker for each group, delay the teleport action by 1-2 seconds to make it appear more "human".
This works in BHD but not tested in LW or TFD
"M"
Old 01-01-2010, 03:40 PM

BHD vs LW

Greets Mermite;
As you posted: it works in BHD but not tested in LW or TFD.
I assure you that arrangment won't work for Johnno's issue about Landwarrior .
I have made maps that address this issue.
DFLW is Novalogics brain child with a limited capacity.
That's why they don't support the 'Med-editor', and Only the main game.

Kudos for your effort.

Last edited by CarpeDiem; 01-01-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: uh? edit my initial post? :-
Old 01-02-2010, 02:03 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

DFLW Meds..
DFLWMED 191b. 109kbs
DFLWMED 191c. 109kbs
DFLWMED 192b. 111kbs
DFLWMED FC. (2001) 277kbs
DFLWMED FC2. (2001) 274kbs
DFLWMED 191. 308kbs
DFLWMED CP. (1.90) 320kbs
from EE here
http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/...ion=df&fid=294

DFLW Med Help
http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/...ion=df&fid=215

Preferred:
DF:LW: MEDc Version 1.92b
http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/...ion=df&fid=126

CarpeDiem, rather than tell the community what can't be done ..please yell us what YOU can DO?..thank you

"M"
Old 01-03-2010, 12:16 AM

Cool The ?...

DFLW Maps/Sig's/Avatars/Ani-Gifs/Maps-Any and all...
Mostly for myself.

Read the 'Otter Memorial/Tribute' here at Novahq.
He's my brother.

No need to perpetuate this any further.
A bit of rhetoric: My life quote, "Learn to sit in the fire with self and other".

Last edited by CarpeDiem; 01-03-2010 at 01:11 AM. Reason: better than re-posting an edited version...LOL!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM

CarprDiem,

Thank you for replying.

I usually play the coop/single maps. (I modify them for single) I enjoy playing single maps, and as a result, try to make single maps.

You used the word "subscribed"? I am not familiar enough with this forum. How do you "subscibe to a post"? (answer is optional as it does not relate directly to the solution of my problem.)

Regards

j

Live long and prosper.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:27 PM

Mermite,

Thank you for replying.

I am, and have always used, the current recommended med-help and map editor from dfbarrracks. I have not tried any of the previous versions of the editor because, I assumed that all or most of the bugs, would have been corrected in the current version (1.92b).

I only have one gripe with 1.92b

If I am modifying downloaded coop maps to be used as single, after a while, the editor crashes. No error message. No explanation. It just closes down. I have learned that if I edit, let's say 5 or 6 maps, to click "clear" or shut the editor down and restart it. That would indicate an internal program memory allocation problem. Maybe buffers or caches are not be cleared and causing a "memory overflow". You know, when you do a repetitive add/subtract/multiply on your calculator, and it can not cope with the huge numbers? I am only guessing.

But, other than that, I think the editor is great.

Regards

J

Live long and prosper.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:14 PM

Important Johnno56...

Oi, mate...
After you finish with typing a reply or typing to make a post, scroll down to a second option below your post and look for:
"Thread SubscriptionNotification Type:
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification
". Do this and click on the "submit reply" below the "additional options". It will automatically subscribe you to this area, and send you an email every time there is a new reply by anyone else, with a link in your email to go directly here. That goes for anywhere you reply or post. If you're already subscribed to a place on NovaHq you're automatically notified. Just disregard and click on the "view link".
If you click on the "submit reply" below the typing resonse box here, it just posts your reply. It doesn't subscribe you to the link where you posted. Cool?

I have a map that will resolve your Parachute Problems.
Yes, you will have to make an "event/etc." for each 'A.I.', as well as a spawn waypoint, target, and individual heights which makes the 'chuters" look more cool when coming down.
I can send you a map and you can view it, also look at the events, as well as keep it for a reference seperately on a "Diskette".

I suggest, as you make maps, to save them to a "Diskette", not to the DFLW folder. Only put the maps you want to test or play into the folder. Put both of your BMS/MIS files, and any "text" file describing each map together.
Keep your DFLW folder as clear as possible.

As you've found out, the "help" in "med-editor" is more general than specific for map making. If you don't have the "stock maps for DFLW" let me know and I'll send them to you along with the parachute file. It's always good to have them for reference. Novalogic includes "everything" for situations you would want in the "stock maps" you build.

Since DFLW is a DOS based program, you'll get unannounced errors and it will shut down DFLW.exe or the Med-Editor.exe. The Med-editor is a "low budget" cad program. And the DFLW game is written from the original "DOOM" game.
That's why it crashes now and again unexpectedly. Just remember to save, save, and save. :-)
Also, that's why Novalogic won't give tech support for Med-Editor.
So, we have to work around that issue. right? :-)
When you work on maps make sure no other progams are running in the background on your PC, ex:[anti-virus, graphics programs, scheduled maintenance programs.

Anyway, if you want the items I mentioned, post/or email me, I'll send them to you. KK? Cool!!! Hope this will help you.
Keep truckin'...

Last edited by CarpeDiem; 01-05-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: better than post another edited one. :-)