Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:06 AM
Long is offline Long

Make a remaster version of this game

Greeting the community,
I love the series DFBHD as well as DFBHD:TS , but the graphic is a little out-dated and so I decided to make a remastered version of this game. So I tried to contact novalogic company to ask for permission but somehow I don't seem to find the contact information nor being able to contact them
Old 01-15-2017, 11:37 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

NovaLogic no longer owns the rights to the games. It's now owned by https://www.thqnordic.com/

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 01-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
NovaLogic no longer owns the rights to the games. It's now owned by https://www.thqnordic.com/
Well yeah I just found out recently. Guess I have to contact THQNordic then. Hope they reply
Old 01-16-2017, 07:46 AM
City Ace is offline City Ace

A remastered edition would be very tough. Will you work alone or you are working as a team?
Old 01-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Ace View Post
A remastered edition would be very tough. Will you work alone or you are working as a team?
Well yeah it might be really tough tho as I have just had one member. I am trying to look for someone else who can support the models and maps,..
Old 01-17-2017, 05:57 AM

If i say the truth, always stick with a simple designing plan. Most of the indie guys ends with a failure after a period of game development, because once they start making the game, they start dream for larger aims, and thats where the problem lies. And as for the models, they are a few free to use sites with more than 100,000 models. You can bring the models from there if you are unable to get a proper model designer. And anyways which engine will you use for the remaster? Unity? Unreal? Torque?
Old 01-17-2017, 05:59 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
If i say the truth, always stick with a simple designing plan. Most of the indie guys ends with a failure after a period of game development, because once they start making the game, they start dream for larger aims, and thats where the problem lies. And as for the models, they are a few free to use sites with more than 100,000 models. You can bring the models from there if you are unable to get a proper model designer. And anyways which engine will you use for the remaster? Unity? Unreal? Torque?
Yeah thanks for your advice I'm using Unreal Engine as it is best suitable for FPS games
Old 01-17-2017, 06:33 AM

Hmm... A tough engine to master, but gives phenomenal features.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:48 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Hmm... A tough engine to master, but gives phenomenal features.
Well yeah it should takes tons of times. Luckily DFBHD isn't a very modern and multifunctional like COD or BF so it might be easier to make ( hope so lol ). And besides I'm a first-year college student so I'm planning to release the game on Steam after 3-4 years
Old 01-18-2017, 04:35 AM

In order to make a lot of money from it, you have to make some nice cover posters, gameplays. From my game development experience, i've come to know that those games which are half baked are the big hits because of their attractive posters, and those indie games who had the potential to be a big hit were at the bottom because their marketing weren't as appealing for the customers.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:51 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
In order to make a lot of money from it, you have to make some nice cover posters, gameplays. From my game development experience, i've come to know that those games which are half baked are the big hits because of their attractive posters, and those indie games who had the potential to be a big hit were at the bottom because their marketing weren't as appealing for the customers.
Well yeah but first I have to make the game a big hit first But at the moment , what I am struggling now is I can't contact THQNordic for the copyright issue :/ I sent them an email like 1 week ago and still no reply
Old 01-18-2017, 05:17 AM

I dont even think they are going to reply:-\ And even if they agree, you have to give them huge amount of money.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:22 AM

So why dont you make a game which is not legally related with DF. I mean, you can still include those similar classic objectives like DF did, and invent a new series instead which is very much similar to the roots of the DF franchise.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:31 AM
Long is offline Long

Well basically I only use their sounds , the sounds of character , mission objectives. Besides that , I make everything from scratch
Old 01-18-2017, 05:53 AM

Hmm. The license is required for using something that is theirs. But i dont even know how would they detect their very own sounds since there are over a thousand of such millitary games which had the similar voices and music that DF had.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:56 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Hmm. The license is required for using something that is theirs. But i dont even know how would they detect their very own sounds since there are over a thousand of such millitary games which had the similar voices and music that DF had.
Well it's very easy to identify their sounds if you have played DF a couple of times. I have think of remaking the sounds of characters but I think it is the music and the sounds of DF that partly makes up the game
Old 01-18-2017, 05:58 AM

Well yeah, DFs sounds were kinda like we hear the voices in radios :v The recent games have voices which dont even like we are talking through a walkie talkie.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:18 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Well yeah, DFs sounds were kinda like we hear the voices in radios :v The recent games have voices which dont even like we are talking through a walkie talkie.
Well yeah that's the problem now I am facing. I can remake the voices too but I don't think it will be good as the original ones
Old 01-18-2017, 10:13 AM

Well its possible tbh :-\ What you need is a very good orator who can pronounce the language very good. And those radio effects and all are possible through sound editors and there's even tutorials for that.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:14 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Well its possible tbh :-\ What you need is a very good orator who can pronounce the language very good. And those radio effects and all are possible through sound editors and there's even tutorials for that.
But yeah but where can I find a good orator lol. I am asian and my friends are mostly asian too. Besides , even if I remake the sounds as well , shouldnt it be copyrighted due to the content ?