Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:07 PM
black hawk is offline black hawk

The pains of a PC gamer.

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I last logged in here. Anyway, this topic is here because of my recent troubles with an original game that I recently bought.
I went outside to buy some games after a year or so, and I was confused between Farcry: Blood Dragon and Batman: Arkham City GOTY. Both were of the same price. I finally went for Batman, because of GOTY and the fact that these games are so highly appreciated by everyone these days. So, I installed this mighty game,and it says it needs to do a date check. Fine do it. But it won't give me a success message, and I am stuck there. After about 2 days of literally searching for every legit method of activating the game (including the manual activation by SecuROM) , I was forced to find some cracks that would do the trick.
On the contrary, none of the cracks worked for me except one which I was lucky to find active as it just had 1 seeder (2 including me). Finally the game opened and is working uptill now. What I don't understand is, that developers spend millions into making an excellent game, but put such horrendous check mechanisms to prevent piracy, but what use. One can still find many torrents of almost any game till date.
Maybe that's why console sales are increasing and we are seeing more of a surge of games in that department. Moreover the games, especially on pc are nowadays are badly ported, with bugs spread all over the place. This highly spoken of series seems to be the king of all it seems, as even the latest game is riddled with these issues.
Up untill now, i used to buy pretty old games, having only the cd key thing, but this proved to be quite an eye opener. If anyone has had similar issues, please post it here, as i (or even others) would like to know beforehand which ones are the blacksheep of the family.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Most EULA's will declare that the software you have "purchased" always belongs to the developers and it is not your property and that you are only leasing or using it with their permission via a license (The verb license or grant license means to give permission.) and that may be withdrawn after a certain legal period has passed.

NoCD Cracks are only allowed to run a licensed or registered game and total cracks are always illegal.

SRY
Old 07-14-2015, 04:01 PM

Couldn't help it, I tried everything and none worked except for the one stated above. Lesson learnt finally: Not to buy any more Batman games unless there is a huge discount or some other bumper offer.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
yea with the game avatar had the same thing in it to fight off pirate software of their game, but the game was badly made it flop all all were talking about it.

same thing happen to me, but i didn't have to use a crack for that one. i think i had to disable a item in the Cdrom so it ran ok...don't recall

could be your anti-virus or firewall is blocking it, try remove the game then install it again, without the Cd crack

have firewall enable the game to play online or connect online so it can check
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-15-2015, 11:14 AM

Whoops!
Old 07-15-2015, 11:14 AM

Lost about 10 titles when a certain licensing gateway went under... (one of the games was an early edition of JOTR)

- Paid big big bucks for some of them back then...

- Nothing lasts forever or even a long time these days,
even digital products have a life expectancy far below what we desire and what they're capable of.

- When companies sell off software product and licensing bundles to 3rd parties and they go out of business?

- When licensing distribution and validation technologies fail it's a major concern, mainly only for us.

Last edited by Guest001; 07-15-2015 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Formatting
Old 07-17-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
yea with the game avatar had the same thing in it to fight off pirate software of their game, but the game was badly made it flop all all were talking about it.

same thing happen to me, but i didn't have to use a crack for that one. i think i had to disable a item in the Cdrom so it ran ok...don't recall

could be your anti-virus or firewall is blocking it, try remove the game then install it again, without the Cd crack

have firewall enable the game to play online or connect online so it can check
I tried that earlier, didn't work. It does seem to be a logical solution, but to no avail. However, I tried it once again, the same result. However, this time I noticed something about sending the activation file as an e-mail to the SecuROM guys, something I missed earlier. This would be my last try after which I wouldn't even bother about it.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:22 AM
City Ace is offline City Ace

I have faced many problems like this. I hate Ubisofts games because of this. I bought Watch Dogs for over 4000 rupees and when i began installation. Suddenly it freezes and exit off.