Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 08-20-2003, 01:45 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Cool Novalogic Server Petition

Hola, first of all, I am asking for help on a script, this script will be made in php and it will basically be for a petition, anyone will be able to put it on their site or link to it. I just need some coding help, this petition will request the following and anyone can sign it:

To: Novalogic
Subject: Server Monitors

Hello, recently I and many other players have noticed a huge increase in cheats that go into novaworld servers. It saddens me to think that you create great games, and then allow people to lag your servers and to ruin your customers' experience. I for one am sick of being forced out of a game because every time I respawn after a death I get a knife in the back. I as well as many others ask you to implament some sort of server monitor, these people will be able to punt cheats from nova servers, thus creating less lag and a more enjoyable environment for all of us to play in. These monitors would require no money as they would be doing a service to themselves not just others. Please take this into consideration.

Thanks for your time,

Atholon - superwally@msn.com
Old 08-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

There have been so many of these. Nova dont moniter the servers & they aren't going to hier dedicated staff to do it. They aren't going to let other players do it either, to many immature people will ban people for no reason. Nova dosen't care about petitions and if you got every single player to sign, they still won't listen. People still buy the games. Find a diff server to play in.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 08-20-2003, 04:01 PM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
He's right...

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 08-20-2003, 05:40 PM
RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» is offline RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»

Send a message via ICQ to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» Send a message via Yahoo to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»
I can be a fukn dedicated staff , and boot and ban the fukas trust me ill hack NW and fuk em up hehe , whos wit me?
Old 08-20-2003, 05:56 PM
S MC
Unregistered

Yeah, it's an old story.
But some games use punkbuster in their game and it look like it works ok...as far as I know.
Would be nice if NW would think just a little bit more on the many players in the DF-series.
If a clan server isn't monitored good enough one player can ruin it all, but the guys are right. Find some servers you have a good feel about and stick to them.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:14 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
been done before... failed miserable... hack nova you will be prosecuted to the utmost limits of the law... you buy the game you play it, live with it... its just a game im sure you can survive a few knifes in the back
Old 08-20-2003, 06:42 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
No i agree with zorro they need to have atleast a program running on each nova game to stop these cheats. It wont take alot of effort. But also panther has a point cause now-a-days alot of gamer companys only worry about how many games they sell hand how much money they make. They dont care about how there customers experiance the game play.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:46 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
No i agree with zorro they need to have atleast a program running on each nova game to stop these cheats. It wont take alot of effort. But also panther has a point cause now-a-days alot of gamer companys only worry about how many games they sell hand how much money they make. They dont care about how there customers experiance the game play. hey can i of the moderators delet the sirsmack post. I thought i was signed into my name. Sirsmack is my bro

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 08-20-2003, 06:47 PM
blueprint is offline blueprint

Send a message via ICQ to blueprint Send a message via AIM to blueprint
Quote:
Originally posted by gensteelebb
No i agree with zorro they need to have atleast a program running on each nova game to stop these cheats.
they actually don't have to do anything. You bought the game knowing full well there would be cheats. the only way to get anything changed is to stop buying there games, as long as they're still getting your money, they won't care if you are upset about the game
Old 08-20-2003, 07:29 PM
lil_dude is offline lil_dude

Send a message via AIM to lil_dude Send a message via Yahoo to lil_dude
yeah just dont buy the game, if host a server ban the fers, if u play in one juss leave and report the server somewhere and no one will go to it.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:01 PM
score is offline score

Send a message via ICQ to score
Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
There have been so many of these. Nova dont moniter the servers & they aren't going to hier dedicated staff to do it. They aren't going to let other players do it either, to many immature people will ban people for no reason. Nova dosen't care about petitions and if you got every single player to sign, they still won't listen. People still buy the games. Find a diff server to play in.
He's right, sad to say, but he is right

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
I tell the truth even w`en I lie. - Al Pacino, Scarface
-
------------------------------

only the good die young
Old 08-20-2003, 09:06 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
you say 'easy' to add a program to stop cheats, they would have to CONSTANTLY update it, requiring a good sized staff team to keep up with all there game title's cheats etc... maybe if they got rid of singleplayer cheats it would help
Old 08-20-2003, 09:09 PM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
Don't buy the games? That's like trying to tell a crack addict "just don't smoke it!"
Old 08-20-2003, 09:27 PM
"ath-hole"

Wow, I did not think that this many people would reply. I have one thing to say about the program monitor, it would not have to be updated constantly because most of those people who use hacks, and even some that make them, don't know crap about programming. Besides there are a lot of programmers that are customers, some could help make that program, it would not have to be novalogic made, just there. I went into Kya Country in good 'ole df2 and they said the same thing about the server petition, it is sad to see how crappy novalogic has become, they make great games but have 0 customer service. My friend bought operation flashpoint and he sent a question in, he got a rply with solution that same day, with novalogic you are lucky to even GET a response. Also, what is punkbuster? I am going to find a way not to have to hack the server's computer, I will do it how cheats do
Old 08-20-2003, 09:31 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

you hack nova's computer ill show them this post and have you arrested for federal crimes, you shouldnt hack novalogics servers just because you dont like cheats... go find a public one, and plus i doubt you COULD hack them... im sure they have quite a bit of security
Old 08-20-2003, 09:34 PM
"ath-hole"

Hmm well do cheats actually hack nova's servers? I don't think so. They manipulate their computer's files. I never said that I was going to hack nova's computers, and it would be very dumb if I did. I am going to find a way to manipulate my computer in a way that I can either be unable to be killed by a cheat or something else.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:19 PM
blueprint is offline blueprint

Send a message via ICQ to blueprint Send a message via AIM to blueprint
Quote:
Originally posted by CapN'Colostomy
Don't buy the games? That's like trying to tell a crack addict "just don't smoke it!"

no actually it's not. It's like telling someone who goes to a restauraunt but doesn't like the service, to not go there anymore. once they start losing customers, they will see there's something they will need to change. Thats what I meant
Old 08-20-2003, 10:28 PM
"ath-hole"

I don't think that will work untill these first person shooters get more competitive, like EA games comes out with a better graphics everything than blackhawk down, kind of like BF 1942, I wanted to buy that game so bad!
Old 08-20-2003, 10:31 PM
"ath-hole"

http://www.dfhq.net/forum/rules.php

Last edited by Scott; 08-20-2003 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:04 AM
Surge is offline Surge

Why not insted of everyone all the time trying to submit a petition to nova just create a "Respected Server" list. A list that has all the "Respected Servers" (non-cheat) listed. That way ppl will know which servers are good. You could also do a list for "Cheat Servers" (cheaters) so ppl know which servers not to goto.