Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 08-23-2003, 02:30 AM
‹-†Kâíshô†-›™ is offline ‹-†Kâíshô†-›™

Cool Zorro

Actually Zorro your right, it was done on PSP 7.0. My wife makes avatars for fun. And thanks for the compliment. If you care to see some of her work you can go to her site that is linked form my site. http://slingshot.to/DFS-Kaisho
Old 08-23-2003, 02:50 AM

Tongue And as far as MabaKiel

Lets get a understanding here before you lose all essence of the word "brain"... Mainly I am so far from being a newbie to this game and/or others that you were justing getting your hands on your neighbors computer. First, I'm laying it down how I see it... its not whining. Just my opinion that I am sure that others do agree too. Second, I do know what Spawn Armor is. It was and is a sarcasitc comment... if you take a look at others comments you'll see that it can go either way when it comes to Base Rape'in and finally, if you would like to express yourself in a challenge, I have no problem with that but just so you know it'll have nothing to do with my comments or opinions. If you good then I take off my hat to you.. if your not then you'll think about your own ass being handed to by yourself. And another thing Mr. 2 weeks of playing BHD... I've been playing FPS for a very long time and I am very much familiar with how things go online with other players. I base my opinions on how I see it and how I feel about it. I dont' have to prove anything to you even as far as my abilities to hand you your own ass.... but I'm not like that at all.. its a game and its meant to be fun. Not taken as seriously as you would to your favorite and olny box of corn flakes that you have every morning with powdered milk. Be as it said, if you would like to play against me then I am up to your challege. Win or lose, I still back up my comments and opinions. So therefore you, like powdered milk, beating me (or so you may make yourself believe) doesn't even do you the pleasure as what you are seeking. Have a nice day Mabakeil and if you care to make arrangements with me on your challenge feel free to email me... Kaisho@cox.net
Old 08-23-2003, 02:54 AM
Kâi§h0z-»«-Gùr£ is offline Kâi§h0z-»«-Gùr£

every0ne has a right to their opinion..and i think some of u r confuzed as to wut i was sayin..im not talkin bout the guy who is spawnin is doin the rapin..im talkin bout the person waitin for the spawniie..and itz not like they r layin there right in front of u so u can spawn armor..u take a cpl steps out to look around say behind a truck u spawned at and boom they get u every time..and u dont have any choice but to go that way cuz that particular spawn point u couldnt go in any other direction but forward.. and no am not a newbiie but nice try on that one..=]..and secondly i have nvr played on TDM yet..i enjoy playin on DM ..so no one has any team mates to help them out in a situation like that...all im sayin is i particularly dont find it fair and will put a stop to it if i am aware of the situation..=]...Zorr0 i made the aviiez in PSP7 and TyVm for the compliment on miie husband'z aviie..
Old 08-23-2003, 03:08 AM

i realize it will continue to happen for as long as there is FPS games..and so beit..action isnt taken if peepz r doin it cuz they r unaware itz a spawnin point and/or rnt doin it viciously and consistently ..and it doesnt take skill to place urself -all the time thru out the game- in one point where peepz spawn and thatz the only way u can kill peepz & get pointz.. it takez skill to be able to fight ur way out of situationz and be in the map playin the game *EARNIN* ur pointz fairly against every0ne.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:08 AM

Short_Fuse.... (and they wonder..)

You qoted me as to a sarcastic comment about Spawn Armor... and then you quoted me again... o rso you thought.. -> Base Raping is considered cheating no matter how u look at it..cheating = making it unfair for others to be able to play the game. When a person literally sits at a spawnin point, , and doesnt go out for any kills and just is consistently killin that one person who keeps spawnin in the same area and he/she hasnt even been able to move a step forward to be able to even defend themselves or even get a chance to get into the game to play w/ every0ne..thatz just not right!!!
Just so you know, thats my wifes opinion of players that just stay in one place killing off players that respawn.
Now, we're not talking about Tainers. Or coded in cheats. What my wife and I are saying is that if you would Spawn lets say for instance, with a building behind you, a vehicle next to you on your right and a stone wall on your left and you only have 1 way to go... and if there is someone waiting for you as you come around vehicle or stone wall and keeps o killing you then I call it Base Rape'in.. my wife calls it cheating... its an O-P-I-N-I-O-N.... Someone said that to get away form a Base Raper you must have skills.. well, I've seen skilled players fall victims to what her and I are referring too. As far as Clan or Squads go, I was a member of ||JTF2|| for a little while. I left on my own and went Solo. Being good at FPS's deserves for you to try out for a Squad and deal with hjow things go. Just because I don't like certain things that goes on doesn't mean I'll stop playing. There are other ways around that. Either I'll leave or if I am hosting, I'll warn them about how they are "playing".. Not trying to tell anyone how to play a game but there are somethings that are really uncalled for. To me its a Challege, its not a challenge when someone sits on a tiolet and wait for you to pop your head around a corner to take a cheap shot at you right when you spawn. Its a challenge when you have more than 2 players after you shooting at you and your making a get away or defending yourself. Thats skills.... but it doesn't take skills to just sit there and watch out for a spawning point. Everyone has issues with almost everything that comes to FPS playing online. Myself, I just speak my mind and go from there. :-)
Old 08-23-2003, 03:14 AM

Short_Fuse.... (and they wonder..)

You qoted me as to a sarcastic comment about Spawn Armor... and then you quoted me again... o rso you thought.. -> Base Raping is considered cheating no matter how u look at it..cheating = making it unfair for others to be able to play the game. When a person literally sits at a spawnin point, , and doesnt go out for any kills and just is consistently killin that one person who keeps spawnin in the same area and he/she hasnt even been able to move a step forward to be able to even defend themselves or even get a chance to get into the game to play w/ every0ne..thatz just not right!!!
Just so you know, thats my wifes opinion of players that just stay in one place killing off players that respawn.
Now, we're not talking about Tainers. Or coded in cheats. What my wife and I are saying is that if you would Spawn lets say for instance, with a building behind you, a vehicle next to you on your right and a stone wall on your left and you only have 1 way to go... and if there is someone waiting for you as you come around vehicle or stone wall and keeps o killing you then I call it Base Rape'in.. my wife calls it cheating... its an O-P-I-N-I-O-N.... Someone said that to get away form a Base Raper you must have skills.. well, I've seen skilled players fall victims to what her and I are referring too. As far as Clan or Squads go, I was a member of ||JTF2|| for a little while. I left on my own and went Solo. Being good at FPS's deserves for you to try out for a Squad and deal with hjow things go. Just because I don't like certain things that goes on doesn't mean I'll stop playing. There are other ways around that. Either I'll leave or if I am hosting, I'll warn them about how they are "playing".. Not trying to tell anyone how to play a game but there are somethings that are really uncalled for. To me its a Challege, its not a challenge when someone sits on a tiolet and wait for you to pop your head around a corner to take a cheap shot at you right when you spawn. Its a challenge when you have more than 2 players after you shooting at you and your making a get away or defending yourself. Thats skills.... but it doesn't take skills to just sit there and watch out for a spawning point. Everyone has issues with almost everything that comes to FPS playing online. Myself, I just speak my mind and go from there. :-)
Old 08-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by ‹-†Kâíshô†-›™
I totally agree to you and the comments made about the cheating (Base Rape'in) and the lagging. Monitors are very much needed. I noticed that NovaLogic has a Shame or Fame list, but thats no where near the tip of the ice berg. I know as for as myself and others that Host maps though NovaWorld, we tend to keep an eye out for such cheaters. Especially those that like to post themselves near a spawning point and take cheap kill (Base Rape'in) over and over again. Hopefully this will be something taken into deep, deep consideration for all of us that enjoy a good honest playing environment.
thats why i love base's fare apart from each other (4-5clicks).
omg base so close to each other. what a joke like to see it in a real war walk over a hill your in other combat base never happen.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Chief ADFP

Base Raping is a cheap kill, no one love a lame player . also its not a cheat. only its really lame to kill some one when they are respawning. its totaly lame kill.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:49 AM

chief-ADFP

I agree it is a cheap kill and its lame but unfortunately we have players that are like that. Oh well..... not too much that can be done about that. And your right its not a cheat but my wife feels that it is. Who I am to argue?..
Old 08-23-2003, 09:53 AM

Cool

<<<<< she calls it a cheat, I just tend to agree on her use of words... >>>>>
Old 08-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by chief-ADFP
Base Raping is a cheap kill, no one love a lame player . also its not a cheat. only its really lame to kill some one when they are respawning. its totaly lame kill.
so chief, am i a lame player? when we played our 1 on 1 i base raped u? but u didnt say anything then other than gg

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 08-23-2003, 11:01 AM

Just you everyone knows.. its just my wife and I opinion about Base Rape'in.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:06 AM

every0ne has a right to their own opinion

Old 08-23-2003, 11:46 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
First of all, I did not start this thread with the intention to argue about base raping, in fact it was so far from that. The thread was started to help resolve the issue of cheating on nova world's servers, or at least stop a few things that shouldn't be happening. I read in the DFHQ forum rules there was to be no flaming, please lets just drop it here and get to the issue at hand.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:37 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
hey surge, check your pm's please
Old 08-23-2003, 01:48 PM

Cool

Rules on Flaming... uhhhhh... does that mean when you are given a challenge and accepts it does that refer to the flaming rules? Just wondering because asides from what NovaLogic was saying about the cheating on their Servers theres not really much they can do but improve how that games are coded for players that like to cheat. I was only stating my opinion not a "Flaming" as you put it. If I took it wrong in your last post Zorro then, my bad... sorry. I'm a really easy going person and I don't endulge in shallowness unless its being placed on my shoulders as a challenge. Which I don't think that none of it was (asides for a challenge)... just some back talk without being rude or nasty. But as you said Zorror, consider the matter closed from this end.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:59 PM
"ath-hole"

I only meant that I don't want to have these big old arguments about base raping in a thread that has nothing to do with it. This is about stopping cheats, nothing to do with base rapers. I do appreciate that you will stop.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Chief ADFP

DM is not same as TDM is it now
Old 08-23-2003, 02:48 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Trilogy
so chief, am i a lame player? when we played our 1 on 1 i base raped u? but u didnt say anything then other than gg
DM is not same as TDM now is it? no we had a DM not same as a Team Death Match now is it. if i remember right in a DeathMatch you respawn all over the place in Team death match you respawn in the team base area.

Trilogy we play a Death match there was no Team to it now was there no.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:39 PM
"ath-hole"

Dude drop it!