Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 03-24-2007, 09:10 PM
DemunVirus is offline DemunVirus

Need Help. Cannot Play DF:LW or DF:TFD

Ok this all started when i got comcast about 2 mounths ago. I could play the games and host at first. Then about a week after having comcast i couldnt play the game online. Saying cannot find server when i try to play it online. I can host but my server will not show up on the novaworld public servers. Cuz my clan said server is not up when it was. So i tried going to the Lobby's on Internet Explorer to see if the game was the problem. Well on I.E. still cannot find server. So i go on a proxy website and go to the lobby on it and i can veiw the lobby on proxy's. Well this problem lasted about 2 weeks then all of a sudden it started working again. Then 5 days ago same problem is happening. And now my own website is blocking my ip address saying im trying to hack it. Is this all leading to a IP problem? Novalogic said it wasn't them and said they didn't ban my ip. I Have No Firewall on this computer.

Any suggestions? Please help if you can.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Regarding the NovaWorld lobby problem, NovaLogic are moving the servers to a new location, so the problem could be that.

BTW, welcome to NovaHQ.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 03-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will comcast i think has a limit, never like them at all to start with. hear to many things about them

they have unwriting rules they will come up with. best check with them...

novaworld: 3/25/07 till 4/6/07 (be offline) there be no service at all, they be moving their service to a new location

what are your players names and the forum name you use in novaworld.com when you log-in

"the name's only no password please"

i did a search on your forum name there! you use here "DemunVirus"

only found "Virus" listed without any stats for the player.

DemunVirus, Demun, Virus none listed other then Virus? still no games or stats for this player
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-24-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Chief, what if he ain't a NovaWorld player? He didn't say he was.

Demun, it's either NovaWorld, or Comcast. Wait until NW have finished doing maintenance and if it still happens, it must be Comcast.

GL with geting your problem solved by the way.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 03-25-2007, 12:15 AM
DemunVirus is offline DemunVirus

Ok, I Dont play on novaworld only public games because i only like CQB maps. I Will wait till novaworld finishes maintanence and see if it works then.

Thanks for the support.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:10 AM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
I highly doubt comcast is your problem due to I have been using comcast a year now atleast or almost a year and I havent had any problems joining servers unless comcast was doing maintenance.Its probably something to do with Novaworlds server maintenance!

As for your squad not being able to see your server could also be a router problem.If your ip has been changed or changes alot, then you may have to re-forward ports on you router in order for your server to show up on Novaworld servers.Also one more thing is make sure you are running the latest version of the game and looking at the right lobby for the latest version!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?