Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC/X360/PS3)

weeee new aliens game

LONDON AND SAN FRANCISCO (February 21st, 2008) – SEGA Europe Ltd. and SEGA of America, Inc. today revealed details of the highly anticipated squad-based first-person shooter video game, Aliens: Colonial Marines™. Licensed through an exclusive agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Licensing and Merchandising and developed by Gearbox Software, the game will be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Windows-based PC in late 2008.

In Aliens: Colonial Marines, players are part of a United States Colonial Marine squad and must prepare to face an alien assault more intense and horrific than ever before. Driven by a compelling and original story penned by renowned writers Bradley Thompson and David Weddle Aliens: Colonial Marines will retain the atmospheric look and feel of the original films while leveraging next-generation technology to create an entirely new interactive Aliens experience.

Packing classic Aliens weaponry ranging from pulse rifles to flamethrowers as well as brand-new equipment and skills all within a squad-based combat system, players will become an elite United States Colonial Marine. Featuring claustrophobic environments, a brooding soundtrack, and a multitude of surprises and shocks, players will battle against menacing alien hordes in strikingly detailed levels that include the stark interiors of the abandoned Sulaco and unique environments created specifically for the game.

Aliens: Colonial Marines will feature a story driven single-player mode and an all-new four player co-op mode allowing players to share the chilling experience with three friends. In co-op mode, each player will assume the persona of a Colonial Marine and have a distinct role to play in the completion of every mission. Additionally, more multiplayer modes will be revealed later in the year that will complete the Aliens video game experience.

Since its 1979 debut, Alien and its three sequels have grossed more than $557 million worldwide, garnering numerous awards, including two Academy Awards®.

For more information, please visit www.sega.com/aliens, for assets please visit http://www.sega-press.com/.

some mag scans of screenies?? http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/screen.asp?id=12670
Old 02-22-2008, 08:51 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Forgive me but it sounds retarded.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
Forgive me but it sounds retarded.
I second that.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-23-2008, 06:53 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

you think a game based on Alien is gonna be retarded

you guys never played the AvP games?? absolute **** your pants scary classic games!

just to clear this up, this is being published by Sega - one of the biggest and best known publishers around, and known for great game releases.

the game has a 20th Century Fox licence for one of the best film series ever!

the game is being developed by Gearbox... let me remind you what other games they developed:

Half life
hallf life blue shift
hallf life opposing force
counter strike
counter strike condition zero
halo
brothers in arms

and all this sounds retarded???

Old 02-23-2008, 03:21 PM

Well I hope it's a great game if it's getting published by Sega lol. You know, the last game they published, they decided to add Live to it, which got a lot of bad criticism...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

i think it's in safe hands with gearbox at the helm
Old 02-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Loved AvP! great games those were. Sounds like it will be COOP based, and maybe some PvP added for that market.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 02-23-2008, 09:25 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
I don`t doubt that the gameplay/ gfx will be great...the story sounds retarded.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Alien the movie man that got To be sweet as hell, die & give birth to a Alain sweet god that got To be rich.

hope its a DVDrom type game loaded with a lot of things in it.

love to see the demo come out to wet my taste buds

love game's that make me jump out of my skin totally

Halo Ce (flood), RE3, far Cry bad guys show up your dead.

Steve you remember the building they was in when the movie basic started and all them Alain's come at them through the false celling and under the floor panels below. god i love that they came out from every were. in the tunnels in holes from above! as will laying still till their pray walk right under them, before the good guys even know were their targets were, it was way too late to do a thing about it. most got wipe out.

basic you bleed you are dead meat.

to them who never seen the first Alain Move go out and rent it or buy it should be real cheap now days
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-23-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Chris, you judge harshly on this yet to be released game, based on what a different company did with their last game? Blasphemy! Aliens is THE ultimate SCI-FI movie in existance. It owns everything on the face of the planet. The effects are utterly awesome especially for their time (considering that these days EVERYTHING is CGI) and the story is very rich. And what's more, the design of the Xenomorphs are...superb. Beautifully horrific creatures designed by Giger.

The first AVP game (on PC) gave me nightmares for four years, even long after I stopped playing it (as I had lost it ). That just goes to prove just how much quality that game had.

This game does tickle my fancy, but I doubt I'll buy it (not that into games these days).
Old 02-25-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Grenademan
Chris, you judge harshly on this yet to be released game, based on what a different company did with their last game? Blasphemy! Aliens is THE ultimate SCI-FI movie in existance. It owns everything on the face of the planet. The effects are utterly awesome especially for their time (considering that these days EVERYTHING is CGI) and the story is very rich. And what's more, the design of the Xenomorphs are...superb. Beautifully horrific creatures designed by Giger.

The first AVP game (on PC) gave me nightmares for four years, even long after I stopped playing it (as I had lost it ). That just goes to prove just how much quality that game had.

This game does tickle my fancy, but I doubt I'll buy it (not that into games these days).
Actually lol I primarily judged it on how it sounds, not really Sega ().

If it's gonna be good when it's released, then that's awesome anyways.

Chris