Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-01-2003, 10:20 PM
rwarrone is offline rwarrone

Angry are they cheating or what?

I haven't played any of the DF games online much at all - I usually have more fun trying to beat the missions in single player mode. Anyway, 2 days ago I started playing BHD online on Novaworld, and I have to shoot some guys 5-6 times (with .308) or more before they go down... and they kill me over and over again with one round. What the heck is going on? I'm not new to this game, so I know I'm not bad at it or anything. It just seems that many of the other players in there are in "god mode" or something... you cant kill them as easily as they kill you, and they go around firing continuously and don't run out of ammo. I thought it wasn't possible to use any cheat codes on Novaworld, and it seems like it's happening anyway. If anyone could shed some light on this for me, I'd appreciate it... thanks...

RogueOne
Old 11-01-2003, 11:48 PM
InsaneCrazy is offline InsaneCrazy

first of all what is the .308? there is no such gun. do u mean the .300 sniper?
as for your kill problem it could be many different things so think about it before u come in here accusing people of cheating because thats pretty serious stuf. anyways it could be lag, spawn armour, bad aim, no lead(if sniping), etc. hope this helps

~Delta Force is not a game, it's a way of life~
Old 11-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Acid is offline Acid

Send a message via ICQ to Acid
Quote:
Originally posted by InsaneCrazy
as for your kill problem it could be many different things so think about it before u come in here accusing people of cheating because thats pretty serious stuf.
I dont see any accusations in that post.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:49 AM
AmericanSniper is offline AmericanSniper

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanSniper Send a message via AIM to AmericanSniper
Re: are they cheating or what?

Quote:
Originally posted by rwarrone
. I thought it wasn't possible to use any cheat codes on Novaworld, and it seems like it's happening anyway. If anyone could shed some light on this for me, I'd appreciate it... thanks...

RogueOne
Looks like an accusation to me.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:50 AM
Acid is offline Acid

Send a message via ICQ to Acid
Re: Re: are they cheating or what?

Quote:
Originally posted by AmericanSniper
Looks like an accusation to me.
I must have missed it in his/her post. Can you point it out?

ac·cu·sa·tion
n.
1. An act of accusing or the state of being accused.
2. A charge of wrongdoing that is made against a person or other party.
Source

You have to actually make a statement to accuse. Not ask a question, that any seasoned DF online player will know is most likely lag and a lack of online shooting practice.

And there's no way for the poster to know how many times a player has shot "at" him/her. Saying that the other players could kill him/her with one shot, is ridiculous. So that statement has some holes in it as well.

Sure most of us know that cheating scum is out there. But the poster clearly states their lack of that knowledge.

To the poster, RogueOne, Yes there are cheats out there. No, there's not much that can be done about them. And no, there's not a "solid" way to identify a cheater or all of the different types.

And there are alot of factors that go into lag. All of which could produce the effect you speak of.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:46 AM
Rapid12 is offline Rapid12

Oh, my favourite hate is when you have just killed someone, you see them fall to the ground and 2 seconds later they kill you What causes lag? Is it someone with a crappy speed?
Old 11-02-2003, 05:49 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I was under the impression that Nova have done as much as they possibly can to prevent cheats spoiling the game? Unfortunately as has been said, there are quite a few reasons such as lag etc that may seem like some one is cheating but personally I've found it to be very rare on BHD.

Regards
Old 11-02-2003, 07:47 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
u will not see god mode ingames.
must be lag
Old 11-02-2003, 08:25 AM
rwarrone is offline rwarrone

1. InsaneCrazy, FYI a .308 round is fired by an M14 (or M21), an M60, and the M240B. Also known as 7.62x51. Maybe I should have been more specific as to what weapon I was using, instead of stating a caliber, but the end result is the same because all those mentioned above fire the same round.

2. Acid, thanks for the informative reply. I guess one of the problems must be lag then, but I then have never heard of "spawn armor" either, so that will explain how my shots are not affecting some players. Also, thank you for providing a definition of "accuse", because that's not what I was trying to do.

3. Boy, some people sure got defensive when I brought this subject up! Hmmm...

Rogue One out...
Old 11-05-2003, 11:27 PM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

I face these problem of yours all the time rwarrone. My problem was is that i'm using a 58k connection instead of broadband. So most of the time my ping times are above 300. I recommend the spray & pray method for the 56ks, so the best weapon to use is the m60. Try to avoid being a sniper or a "1 Shot, 1 Kill" player with that kinda connection. But if you're on broadband then it must be "spawn armour" or eermmmm "bad aim" of coz. No punt intended here.

Anyway, "spawn armour" is your 3 or wazzit 5 seconds of immortality when you're brought up to life by your medic teammates or respawning from a PSP point or your base. Noticed that you cant take your opponent out while they're respawning from a psp point? Not even a rocket launcher or grenades can take em out for that few seconds.