Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 02-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Troy is offline Troy

Send a message via ICQ to Troy Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via Yahoo to Troy
Post Free Website Service by Google:

Thursday Feb. 23rd, 2006, Google launched yet another a service that allows gmail users to create their own Web site . Google Page Creator as it's called, which is in beta, has sample layouts and lets people type in content, upload images and publish their own pages. No need to know HTML or other Coding Languages. Gmail Users can create multiple linked pages and are allowed 100MB of storage. The free service requires a Gmail account and supports either Internet Explorer 6.0 or Firefox 1.0, or higher. The published site is hosted at http://gmailuser.googlepages.com/.

PC World released a brief article on the new service: "Page Creator puts your site at a yournamehere.googlepages.com URL, offers a maximum of 100MB of space, and only creates simple, static pages without flashy features, interactivity, or structure. So it's best suited for folks with extremely basic needs who want to get something on the Web with a minimum of fuss--but for that, it's worth a look. But it's a bit strange that Page Creator is a cutting-edge, extremely interactive Web service that...lets you create really old-fashioned, passive Web sites." by: Harry McCracken
Old 02-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Tried to signup just to check it out but they aren't accepting anymore at the moment

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 02-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
woow 100MB of storage

i may check it out too.

the thing i would look for can i host scr or exe inside zip files for others to download from it

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Google Page Creator! Google Page Creator has experienced extremely strong demand, and, as a result, we have temporarily limited the number of new signups as we increase capacity. In the meantime, please submit your email address and we will notify you as soon as we are ready to add new accounts. Thank you for your patience.
sad think i am too late

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Google Page Creator!

Google Page Creator has experienced extremely strong demand, and, as a result, we have temporarily limited the number of new signups as we increase capacity. We will notify you as soon as we are ready to add new accounts. Thank you for your patience.
will i hope i get that notice
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Troy is offline Troy

Send a message via ICQ to Troy Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via Yahoo to Troy
Cheers guys! Wanted to let ya know and figured your peeps could use the service. Sorry they got swamped, heh.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:56 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

SIgned up this morning. WIll let you know how it is

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1