Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:00 PM
NAVSPECWARCOM is offline NAVSPECWARCOM

Re: not quite

Quote:
Originally posted by Rat Sass
Like I said- I use a CAD system all day long to design machinery. Bing-bang: wireframe in minutes to 12 decimal places. That's how I see the MED.

The NILE, on the other hand, will probably appeal to those who use rendering software, like 3dMax, etc. It's a different approach and it's what game designers are used to. It's a different perspective.

To me, X is left-right; Y is forward-backward; Z is up-down... just like back in school. But, NILE sez Z is in-out, etc: it's the relativity thing.

I'm with you Rat. I don't know why but I have no problem manipulating items in Wireframe mode. I just seem to have an innate ability for spatial awareness (scored high on my ASVAB in that area). I also find it easier to place items within extreme tolerances switching between 2D and Wireframe. In NILE, it’s too time consuming trying to place objects without seams or in tight, accurate positions.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:47 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
I prefer the old MED above the NILE, i like making maps but when i have to switch a 1000 times to get a decent placement, its getting annoying.

i tried the NILE but it wont be my thing, maybe in the far future when they only offer NILE ill try to work with it, but for now i stick with the MED as i know it.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here