Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-08-2002, 11:10 PM
EXTREME is offline EXTREME

eek HI ALL PRETTY NEW TO DFLW

I have a few questions that it seems no-one can answer but a lot of peeps out there will know what i`m talking about.

In past i have played for a squad of which will not mention as they aint around no more. The problem i have come across is during a pre match test of the server you find that its easy to kill your opponents and the `t` test is spot on with no secs lag, suddenly the match starts and for no apparent reason the opponents become laggy but the `t` test still is same as b4 OK and there is no comment on oppositions team talk of any lag so where does this imaginary lag come from plz. Especial when ive noticed that it cannot be the host as both teams from same country and also the host is too. so how come a squad with mixed connections that may vary from 1 speed upwards for instance suddenly all lag as bad as each other. WHY plz someone shed lite on this and if it aint the host what was it

Also the same peeps that lets say in a match lag, you will find in public servers and annihilate them so WHY?

Last edited by EXTREME; 11-11-2002 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:17 AM
WiCkEd is offline WiCkEd

Send a message via ICQ to WiCkEd
its hard to answer that sort of question really,as there are many replies with many different answers youll get im sure,but just a couple i will throw in the mix is unfortunately when playing in a match lets say that is hosted by the opposing team you all go into the first map as a practice map to freshen up and get ready etc...well when the real match starts there is a way(s) to what they call pack your files in your DFLW-TFD folder to make the other team lag to YOU but not to THEM as all the while on your end theyre laggin and u cant kill them they have no lag and kill you easily,shame on people for doing this as it aint rite in my book and if it takes that kind of manipulation to win then i choose to lose,lol!i said i would explain 2 of them but this turned into a longer post then i wanted,lol....hope it gives you some insight my freind!
Old 11-10-2002, 02:34 AM

RollEyes

Still means double dutch to me m8ty, Packing ? is this something to do with the program Optirun. .

listen i dont want you to give so much the every tom dick and harry starts doing this but i`m fed up with this game already. It just dont make sense that when i ask some of my fellow DFLW`s all i get of them is they have warmed up lol, warmed up so much they can move up and down hills like linford christie and shot with acuracy like william tell. Someone even told me that squads upload to each other during the match start so they lag like hell is this true too ?
Old 11-10-2002, 01:24 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Its very dangerous to start offering answers such as page stacking when this sort of thing happens in a match.
Page Stacking as I understand it is when an opponent uses his internet connection to upload something whilst playing the game.
That way only a small part of the bandwidht he needs in order for you to see his movement effectivley in the game is available and the rest is taken up with other jobs outside of the game. At the same time their download speed is kept optimum so effectivley they get information about your position refreshed in their game quicker than you do about them.

Lagging happens for many reasons though.
No one plays like they do in the warm up. Pre-Match wamr ups for us are spent trying to get everyone in with the passwords and chatting to the oppos. When the game gets started properly peaople do shoot more, move more and generally offer more information to be sent to the server and back again.
Also servers will sometimes lag as time goes on. They are just as likley to suffer the same kind of slow downs as you get on your own PC when surfing the web for ages and have loads of windows open etc. If the hosts PC starts feeling the strain and uses Disk Cacheing to offer virtual RAM, then the game as a whole will slow down.

Dont ever accuse an opponents team of doing something dodgy unless you see them flying through the air raining rockets down on you at super speed. You cant prove it anyhow and it is probably internet bottlenecks or hosts PC not working so well or everyone one in the game suddenly letting fly with fancy moves and weapon discharges that they werent doing in practise.

Old 11-10-2002, 03:59 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Personally I think it's that during the warm-up, not everyone is playing. Some are just running around not doing anything, some are shooting and some aren't moving. When the match starts everyone is constantly moving and shooting thus causing lag because the server then has to handle 16 people at once instead of the warm-up where not everyone is participating.

This has happened for most matches I have played on, even when my team is hosting. So I think that's the reason because not every squad tries to lag themselves.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-10-2002, 05:33 PM

well thnx a lot guys and lets hope the more explained version via ZZ with uploading never becomes common practice as all the effort in creating the new LW patch will be for nothing. Now that i`m more aware of this and very obviously those who are the best players dont ever need do this as in my eyes its another form of cheat technique. But as usual i will plodd on regardless and no doubt i will come accross this at some point or another. But if you see me in a server i will be the one with no lag getting owned lol. Nothing better than pure gaming without the need to go to such lengths. Cheers guys for giving me the best explanations yet and i think i`ll leave it at that now and FEEL free to del this post as not to let anyone else get idears off it, unless you think it will be useful feedback to others.

TY DF-HQ