Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-28-2002, 11:02 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek A PROUD CHEAT????

Hello all,

I was in one of the Nova stat games when we had a cheat drop in to muck about. unfortunately, as we all know there is nothing unusual about that but, this guy, when challenged was quite proud of the fact he was cheating! He was using a speedcheat etc and no matter what was said to him he wasn't the least bit bothered. He stayed with us for a couple of maps and left eventually when I and few others kept ridiculing him. For some reason I got the impression that he was only a kid but, it was quite annoying for players as he really disrupted their scoring. I thought Nova were attempting to put a stop to this? But it seems they are unable too. I know this is an old story but for the life of me I can't see what they get out of it?

Thx
BADDOG

Old 05-28-2002, 11:09 AM
Acid is offline Acid

Send a message via ICQ to Acid
I wouldnt even try to figure it out. All you have to do is play in a couple maps with them.

But imagine having to live with someone like that.

I feel for their families.
Old 05-28-2002, 01:44 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
I imagine what they get out of it is the satisfaction of coming to places like this and giggling at people who take the time to moan and flame about it so much.
If it was a child then the reaction he got would probably be hundreds of times more satisfying than working hard to build a reputation and a raport in the community.
I have said it before and I will keep saying it. You shout at them they just get what they wanted. There is nothing at all that you can do about it. You probably won't find out where they live or who they really are and even if you did what then? You go 'round their house or send a trojan to their PC. Both reactions would be illegal.
Why not just chill about it. Or stop going to servers where there is noone to punt or just do a mass leave.
Until nova setup a voting system in their servers you are stcuk with it. And now that you have reacted so strongly, everytime the individual wants a laugh he will just come and get grown men whining like babies at his command.
I don't want to offend anyone here, I have no love for those that want to spoil my game either. But moaning will achieve nothing at all.

Old 05-28-2002, 07:54 PM
TCOp is offline TCOp

Send a message via ICQ to TCOp
Come to CTOALLNIGHT! page 1

I love to ban cheaters (static or dynamic).

Some times I like to see proof first. I don't ban people just because they are good and people are whining about getting their *** spanked.

I only ~BAN the ones that shoot from behind hills, jump to high, go to fast or ones that just appear out of nowhere ie: go through wall or coming out of a warp.

Hail Hail to the Non-cheat Servers!!!

Therefore I will stretch out my hand against you and give you as plunder to the nations. I will cut you off from the nations and exTERMINATE you from the countries.

Last edited by TCOp; 05-28-2002 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:03 PM
HD135 is offline HD135

Hmmm. Good comments but I empathize with Baddog. That type of cheating takes some of the fun out of playing. There are those that feed off of the turmoil they create but the proverbial "head in the sand" trick won't cure it either. There needs to be a venue for releasing some of that frustration and this forum happens to be one of the best options. Jeez, my wife certainly doesn't want to hear me lament someones use of a "speed cheat". Consider this good therapy amongest the honest lads. Besides the FANTASY of actually catching one of these cheaters in the act while physically standing behind them provides us with a morbid hope.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:36 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile RE: PROUD CHEAT.

Well there have been a lot of interesting comments on this subject and I have to say to zza1pqx, it's not the case that I'm moaning or whingeing about this cheat business, it's more that I personally can't understand the need for it. I think cheats are more of an anoyance than a real problem and I went through the shouting at them phase on Delta Force 2. As you say zza1pqx, that's what they want but, on this game I don't want to see the cheating reach the same level that it has on Delta force 2! It's the cheat's who behave like children not us and I think they must have something missing in their life as they resort to cheating. It's a great pity that the people who create the trainers/cheats for Land Warrior don't dedicate themselves to enhancing the game as opposed to spoiling it for the majority. Many thanks to acid~cto~ and HD135 for their comments too, and thanks to all the players who have contributed to this debate. The cheats won't stop me enjoying Land Warrior or I suspect will they stop anyone else playing. Mind you, it would be nice to find one of them at it and, kick his/her ass from here to China hahahahaha!!!!! Thanks again all!!!!!

BADDOG

THERE ARE GOOD GUYS, THERE ARE BAD GUYS
THERE ARE CHEATS AND THERE ARE STRAIGHT PLAYERS,
IF YOU CHEAT......YOU ALWAYS LOSE....IF YOUR A STRAIGHT PLAYER, THEN NO MATTER WHAT YOU SCORE.......YOU ALWAYS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2002, 09:51 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
I play DF2 more then DFLW but its on certain times that you cross the most cheaters I dont want to discriminate the US people here but when the schools are out in the US you see the most cheaters coming online. I myself come from europe and we have those ******* also but i rarely see them. Maybe cause i play more in public games?
Oi i hope that DF:TFD and DF:BHD are bttr (with grass) and a build in anti cheat patch that wont allow any other program running along DF. Maybe thats just a dream of me but i truly hope they come up with sumthing like that.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 05-31-2002, 06:40 AM
RogueSniper~S^S is offline RogueSniper~S^S

Send a message via ICQ to RogueSniper~S^S
Dude...u need to play 24-7 and really take another guess on what nations are cheating the most....try finland and a few other EUROPEAN countries...so i dont want to hear it.it aint just USthere is a big time diff between us....when u r gettin off we r gettin yes...but i have played many times in last few months all night here and seen alot..so plz give us a damn break...
Old 05-31-2002, 11:53 AM
cR4zY is offline cR4zY

cheaters exist, get over it. its just a game.

if i c a cheater, i think "fine, il go somewhere else then". and then i leave.

Old 05-31-2002, 06:42 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Oi no need to get offended but i had the time to play troughout the week for once. Due to my job im away from home and so from my comp with acces to internet throughout the week. All i sayd was in i crossed them at times schools were out in US. And if you play the night i already am in bed for a while.......... Hmmm..... wouldnt it be that its friggin late then in europe? I also DINDT said i ONLY see US persons. PLZ dont get messed up bout my msg i only told what I see.
So if you read and dont get hyped directly, up so you wont have to me.

hope i have sorted this out. i didnt wnat to be offencive also.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 06-02-2002, 06:17 PM
RogueSniper~S^S is offline RogueSniper~S^S

Send a message via ICQ to RogueSniper~S^S
NP m8...sry bout the wont let it fly again....i have been on workman's comp last 9 months so i play all the time ....plz accept my apology
Old 06-03-2002, 12:09 AM
~cto~jack is offline ~cto~jack

Send a message via ICQ to ~cto~jack Send a message via Yahoo to ~cto~jack
All I have to say, is my experience with cheaters in all games (and once being one myself) is that these kids will just jump from one game to the next when they are bored. I have personally seen the same cheater on Ultima Online, Tribes, Wolfenstien 3D and DFLW. He singled me out because I have kept the same name amongst these games (makes my famous).
They just get bored and move on. I beleive that Df:LW is slowly weening out these cheaters and becoming highly professional in its players.
Or I could just be blind drunk.
Old 06-03-2002, 05:25 AM
+++COMMIE+++ is offline +++COMMIE+++

Send a message via ICQ to +++COMMIE+++
Look in Pedrez forum for cheats also icq 160905586 these 3 guys were happily going from one game to another wrecking things the other day.
Old 06-03-2002, 05:13 PM
CB«81st» is offline CB«81st»

Send a message via ICQ to CB«81st»
Gonna offer my two cents. I know that cheaters are the bane of game playing, and as long as there are games, cheaters will exist and thrive off of others anger and disgust. For those who have played on any of the «81st» Servers, we don't tolerate it. With this in mind, we also know that, as it was mentioned before, unless you are behind the suspected cheater, or following him in his footsteps, it is hard to prove a player is cheating; unless, of course, it is just blatently obvious (the high-jump, glitching, etc.) While this may make it unpleasant for us as game players, we have found that for most, they play their few maps then leave. For those cheaters who love to talk trash while they are doing it, we publicly type FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO IGNORE THE CHEATER TEXT-TYPING, PLEASE TYPE THE FOLLOWING: ~BOZO (PLAYER #) with the player number being sent out by the server admin. While this doesn't stop the cheater from playing, it does remove the text distraction. Its not much, but for us at the 81st, we tolerate the cheaters actual game playing until he decides to leave. And on a footnote, we do run Remote Host, but with the .37 update to DFLW out, the current version of RH does not work. From what I understand, the new version is coming out soon.
That's my two cents. Stop in any of our 2 full time TKOTH and 1 TDM server(s) or visit us at www.the81st.com

laterzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 06-04-2002, 04:17 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile RE: A PROUD CHEAT.

Hey all,

Well this cheat business seems to have opened a real can of worms! I'm thankful to all the players who have given me advice on how to deal with these losers. It seems that like the weather, cheats will be part of the back drop to our gaming lives, it's a pity but there it is! I have had one idiot and thanks to the advice I got, he left very quicky and I suppose went to bother some one else. I still think it's sad they feel the need to cheat but, it takes all sorts to make a world or so they say!!!! Maybe one day, when the technology allows it, we will be able to banish these morons forever and enjoy our gaming with out jerks coming along to spoil the party!

Thx
BADDOG

Old 06-04-2002, 03:53 PM
CB«81st» is offline CB«81st»

Send a message via ICQ to CB«81st»
Bad, in DFLW there is a way to permantly ban a person via name and/or IP. I'll try to explain in plain english, we use it on our server(s) and it seems to work.

When you shut a server down, do not press the ESC key, rather type ~QUIT from the server screen. This has the same effect as pressing ESC then Y, but it writes a BANNED.TXT file in the DFLW folder. The next time you restart the server, it reads this file and prevents that name and/or IP from from joining a game. Because its a text file, you can add or delete as you wish, then start the server.

Now, we have had some mixed results when shutting a server down via the ~QUIT command and having it append a already written BANNED.TXT file. The solution i use that works is that once I have started the server, I ALT-TAB back to windows (when I say start server, I mean that the game time counter has already started counting down, not just looking at the opening menu screens) Once back in Windows, I move the BANNED.TXT file to a temp directory, then ALT-TAB back to the game. When shutting the server down, ~QUIT, then cut and past the contents of the newly created banned.txt file into the old one, then move that updated file back into the DFLW folder. Most of us that run servers for our squad share these files amongst ourselves and are, as you can imagine, quite nig now (for a text file anyway). Does this keep everyone out that we want out? no, we still getsome back in, but it has stopped a vast majority from coming back into our games and screwing it up for the rest of us. We have even thought about posting our banned.txt file on our website for public download to those who like to run servers. If there is enough intrest, it may become a reality.
Anyhow, not a foolproof way to handle cheaters and other game wreckers, but it has helped. Hope this helps anyone who is looking to control the amount of bad mouth jerks and/or cheaters intheir servers.
laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 06-04-2002, 05:56 PM
¥ünä£ë§©ä is offline ¥ünä£ë§©ä

Send a message via ICQ to ¥ünä£ë§©ä Send a message via AIM to ¥ünä£ë§©ä Send a message via Yahoo to ¥ünä£ë§©ä
there will always be cheaters, no matter what we try to do. I got used to it, cause there just as easy to kill as a 2 year old playing while eating his processed cheese from green cows on a farm with fetal living pigs.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:16 AM
HD135 is offline HD135

You know what is much more prevalent than Cheaters? People that accuse others of cheating! I find that much harder to stomach than watching someone else bend the rules. Its almost an undefendable position and is all the more reason for people to watch what they say, especially with cheating accusations. Nine times out of ten there isn't any foul play, just low foreheaded nose picken yahoo's making off the cuff remarks. I suspect that much of this wild juju comes from the chronologically challenged genre.
Old 06-05-2002, 04:34 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile RE: A PROUD CHEAT?

Hello all,

Many thanks to CB<<81st>> for the advice and detailed instrutions on a posible solution for dealing with cheats. I will definitely give it a try m8! I ran a Death match game last night and we did get a cheat however, such was the pressure from myself and other players he decided to seek pastures new lol lol!

Unfortunately I also think that Yuna is correct when he says we will always have cheats. Simply put, the do it because they can!

HD 135 has a good point about people calling "cheat" far to often when it's obvious that some one is not cheating, they just happen to be a damn good player!

I have to say that I find the vast majority of players are just there to have a good time and enjoy the game like myself.

Thx
BADDOG.

Old 06-06-2002, 10:41 AM
EL_Bastardo UFP is offline EL_Bastardo UFP

this thread about a never ending story suxx... it will all time give a way to cheat... a way to copy games... a way to copy money... a way to hack a site... a way to hack a server... why u don't accept this... come on u know it... and it's stupid to write about it all the time... stay above them!!! the second how many times i hear "you cheater"... muahahaha... sure... the peoples allways whining... we use teamspeak and know things what we not see... just become a command from a team m8... like there is one behind the wall... they don't understand how we see them... and next reaction... they call us cheaters... what for a world... it's a game!!! something is wrong out there... when someone not hit in game... the never ending tttttt... and crying about llllaaaagggg... damn lag... and so on... they don't understood when they play against a strong team... that they would play more and naturally better as themselve...

so stop that... cheat here... cheat there... you move nothing with that... then u know u need no cheat to be a good warrior at games... and damn... stay above it!!! then u know how good or bad your skill is...

Visit http://www.ufp-base.de

sorry but the whole homepage is in german now... hehe