Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-05-2002, 08:51 AM
BirdSong*}{* is offline BirdSong*}{*

Confused Landmines

Landmines Landmines
I have placed empty explosions into the maked there locations then grouped them under name expl and created an event, group 1 (blue players) enterd area 1 the area triger in front of the mines then eliminate exp OK when I test the map (COOP) in single player the explsion goes off but does not kill me, and when I host the test map on the net no explosion at alll
Can u please help as I have looked and no answer to this any where plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Thanks for your help
Old 11-05-2002, 09:15 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
try it in SP to see if that works or nor :/

DF coop is a bit dodgy really, there is numerous problems with jumping AI, and invisible helos ( which can be fixed ) and basically lag is a big factor due to lots of AI running around ( i know this is not a problem as ur sp in coop ). i seem to remember reading about this before somewhere but i dont think there is soemthing wrong ur doing.

i think u may just have to set the event to kill the blue player as well as the explosion to simulate the mine killing hte guy, but then u would have to have the event killing the blue group which will of course kill all on your team :/
Old 11-07-2002, 05:54 PM
Edward is offline Edward

Re: Landmines

Quote:
Originally posted by BirdSong*}{*
Landmines Landmines
I have placed empty explosions into the maked there locations then grouped them under name expl and created an event, group 1 (blue players) enterd area 1 the area triger in front of the mines then eliminate exp OK when I test the map (COOP) in single player the explsion goes off but does not kill me, and when I host the test map on the net no explosion at alll
Can u please help as I have looked and no answer to this any where plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Thanks for your help
just wondering what is the total item count in the map and is this for df2 ?? or tfd ?? they both use the same marker . what i would use is a oildrum bury it at about { -2 z value } may need to adjust down some from there . place your erea trigger around the drum , be sure to have it not to big but yet lg enough to allow player to enter set it off and die . make the drum it's own group then set up event for when blue enter's that trigger kill group drum . boom the drum blows up and player dies . now dont forget to make the drum or empty explosion it's own group . and take the drum while highlited hit item attributes and assigne it to the group . oh also i would only use 1 drum or empty explosion per group this will prevent multipul 1's going off and maybe causeing your problem ??. but i think the prob lie's w/in the item count for map .

scout's out http://www.checkpointdelta.com