Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-13-2019, 03:01 AM
stompem is offline stompem
stompem's Avatar
Die Hard

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
Theres a lot of content from other mods that i don't even consider and would never add to the game because i feel they cheapen the game. The idea is to improve the game and make it look and feel better. None of this poorly skinned buildings and jets that fly like helicopters stuff. The aim is to make JO a game that is more immersive and less of a mod that just throws a bunch of cheap looking models into the game that have no character.
That's a good point and I'd like to add that the main thing regardless of all considerations when importing new models into an engine is that all the model textures, lighting etc are similar or matching closely.

Their period, achitechture and form also have to coincide with the context or theme of the game and it's foreseen scenarios.

I can see this MOD being a great asset for JO, do you plan to resource and convert old maps or are you making new ones?
__________________

In It For The Game!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247
Oscarmike247's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand View Post
I have a lot of time to put collision boxes on buildings as I am the Delta Force Bandits mod leader and head developer! and I keep on buying stuff from unity3d and Unreal Engine from Unity asset store and Unreal Engine Marketplace that will play grate in Joint ops. Here are some of stuff that I spent money on and Love doing this and i have a grate time with 3ds max.

DareHacker can you still work with characters/AI? because i have some models for you if you can get them to work and send him the models for his mod. They are military and realistic soldiers with Weapons.

https://assetstore.unity.com/package...soldier-111945

https://assetstore.unity.com/package...ops-pack-56104

https://assetstore.unity.com/package...ck-part1-22338



If you need any help Oscarmike247 Just ask I will buy stuff and put collision boxes on them and send you the .ASE file and the rest of the files that come with every model. All so I love to do Terrains as well love to do height maps and detail Maps and really nice color Maps.

All so the battlefield 2 buildings are not going to be in any other mod it was just a fun mod that I did because I have a lot of time so I was only being silly in the DFB mod putting Jets and other fun stuff in but would love to help with more realistic quantities I would rather not use the stuff that I used in my mod to prevent troubles because the models don't have really good skin's to them and they came from a other game.

I'll send you and DareHacker both a pm here in a bit. Thanks for your willingness to help.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-13-2019, 05:08 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247
Oscarmike247's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
That's a good point and I'd like to add that the main thing regardless of all considerations when importing new models into an engine is that all the model textures, lighting etc are similar or matching closely.

Their period, achitechture and form also have to coincide with the context or theme of the game and it's foreseen scenarios.

I can see this MOD being a great asset for JO, do you plan to resource and convert old maps or are you making new ones?
At the moment i don't have any new maps made, but you can play all of the original maps just fine. I hope to keep it that way. As long as the stock items IDs are not changed, you should be able to play any stock or custom maps for JOE in this mod, and i plan to keep it that way.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-13-2019, 05:21 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247
Oscarmike247's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 107

Just dropped this on youtube. Testing out an apache gun run. What do you think?

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-13-2019, 06:22 PM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
At the moment i don't have any new maps made, but you can play all of the original maps just fine. I hope to keep it that way. As long as the stock items IDs are not changed, you should be able to play any stock or custom maps for JOE in this mod, and i plan to keep it that way.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-14-2019, 12:20 PM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 104

Okay I am starting on making all the textures 512 x 512 pixels that came with the 3D models from the unity 3D military pack. All textures come with the detail map and the bump map, also I just bought two vehicle packs that might come handy to give novologic vehicles a facelift. I also have a program that you can set a folder on your desktop or anywhere else that has all the textures that you want a certain size, even though if there is 5000 to 6000 or more textures in the folder. this converter converts the textures in the size that you want and it supports tga,ddS,jpg,tif and other textures that photoshop can support.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-14-2019, 11:58 PM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 104

New Hummer in the works with new features. This model came from Unity3d asset store and it came with the Military Pack Part1.

if Oscarmike247 approves of it

https://assetstore.unity.com/package...ck-part1-22338
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S5WMC3KNGNELLBLI3PKWRSDACY.jpg (48.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 44unity3d.jpg (90.4 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-15-2019, 12:42 AM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 104

New military Stryker Convoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBbN...ature=youtu.be
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Banner.jpg (120.2 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-15-2019, 12:58 AM
DareHacker is offline DareHacker
DareHacker's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
I'll send you and DareHacker both a pm here in a bit. Thanks for your willingness to help.
Well, not content-wise ... if you need informations on 3DIs and how these things work, just PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-15-2019, 10:46 AM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 104

New Aircraft Carrier still in the works with new replacement weapons Minigun,Mk19,50 caliber and replacement Antiair station weapon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19.jpg (71.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg LHD-4.jpg (97.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg replacement.jpg (60.5 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-16-2019, 05:15 AM
DareHacker is offline DareHacker
DareHacker's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 6

As far as I understand, Oscarmike247 just want to improve the assets already available in the first place - not making JO, well, let me exaggerate, another Toys 'R Us
Am I right ?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-16-2019, 10:22 PM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareHacker View Post
As far as I understand, Oscarmike247 just want to improve the assets already available in the first place - not making JO, well, let me exaggerate, another Toys 'R Us
Am I right ?
Do you like Toys R Us Would you like to play with newer stuff with nova's stuff and had more of a good feel to it with out the jets and flying carpet and zombies I was only going for thing that are real in military use and keep the kid toys out bring the adult toys in!

Something that the military uses in battle that will fit in Joint Ops engine that will be a little more realistic. I just want to bring a new feel with the characters giving them new weapons that we have not seen any of the bot's carrie like a javelin kind of give them new uniforms like a new sniper Ghillie suit something that a lot of the community promise to do when modding and never had the time doing it.

And also making a big difference to everyday gameplay. I already like what he is doing so far making the game sound more realistic, and also making the gameplay very nice indeed. I don't want to play any Syfy parties I want to see if we can push something more realistic like something like squad, that I've already played and I love playing Squad!

I play Project Reality and love playing Project Reality. I also just bought call of Duty Modern Warfare and I freaking love it to death! But I still do love playing join operations typhoon Rising, and some of Black Hawk Down because they were the best games that I've played with my father and my three cousins and my uncle and a crew that called themselves dirty Dozen.

so that's why I love doing things to basically make a difference is that bad?

All so I am giving him the files to make them look more real I still don't get the setting on Super OED to make thing look really nice that's Y I asked you DareHacker for just a little help that's all!

Last edited by Stand; 11-16-2019 at 11:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-16-2019, 11:05 PM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
Just dropped this on youtube. Testing out an apache gun run. What do you think?

Also you're doing a very fantastic job great job on the sounds it really looks more realistic in the gun seat!!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-17-2019, 01:47 AM
DareHacker is offline DareHacker
DareHacker's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareHacker View Post
..., well, let me exaggerate, another Toys 'R Us
As I stated, just to exaggerate the difference, no offense.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-17-2019, 02:39 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247
Oscarmike247's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand View Post
Do you like Toys R Us Would you like to play with newer stuff with nova's stuff and had more of a good feel to it with out the jets and flying carpet and zombies I was only going for thing that are real in military use and keep the kid toys out bring the adult toys in!

Something that the military uses in battle that will fit in Joint Ops engine that will be a little more realistic. I just want to bring a new feel with the characters giving them new weapons that we have not seen any of the bot's carrie like a javelin kind of give them new uniforms like a new sniper Ghillie suit something that a lot of the community promise to do when modding and never had the time doing it.

And also making a big difference to everyday gameplay. I already like what he is doing so far making the game sound more realistic, and also making the gameplay very nice indeed. I don't want to play any Syfy parties I want to see if we can push something more realistic like something like squad, that I've already played and I love playing Squad!

I play Project Reality and love playing Project Reality. I also just bought call of Duty Modern Warfare and I freaking love it to death! But I still do love playing join operations typhoon Rising, and some of Black Hawk Down because they were the best games that I've played with my father and my three cousins and my uncle and a crew that called themselves dirty Dozen.

so that's why I love doing things to basically make a difference is that bad?

All so I am giving him the files to make them look more real I still don't get the setting on Super OED to make thing look really nice that's Y I asked you DareHacker for just a little help that's all!
sorry, It's been a long week and weekend, I only have a few moments to type this. I'm mobile, so bare with. But I agree with you 100%. The goal originally was to recreate the stock assets in the game and bring them to their full potential, arguably something Novalogic could have done easily. Somewhere along the way I decided to add new stuff to the game gun-wise. We are also on the same page with gameplay, stand. With this mod, I'd like to explore the idea of making JO something more of a tactical experience. Less fast paced and more realistic and tactics oriented, like Squad as you said (Great game BTW). I have done so in some aspects of the game such as weapon recoil and even slowing the M203/GP30 reload times (animations) down to about half what they were, for example. I only wish I could do things like changing the player movement speed and such.

I think the JO engine has the potential to at least be a little more immersive than the original game. It's really not the best engine to do this in, and I think there's really not a big need to do this because we have games like squad that do a wonderful job at a tactical experience. but it is fun to mod the game, and I think fans of JO will enjoy a more tactical take on their favorite ol' time online shooter. I will try to get up with you soon, stand. again this is a busy time for me, my wife experienced a harsh death in the family, we will be leaving state for bit. I do appreciate your willingness to jump in and help on the project.

Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-17-2019, 08:17 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247
Oscarmike247's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand View Post
Also you're doing a very fantastic job great job on the sounds it really looks more realistic in the gun seat!!!
thanks. It's actually the recorded sound from real apache gun cam footage. I just cleaned it up and added some things to it to give it more of a punch on each shot within the sound loop. Many of the gun sounds I use are recorded from videos of them firing (cleanest audio videos I can find) and I just work them over in Audacity and add stuff to them to make them game quality. I've done this with the M2 50 cal MG, minigun, MK19, Barret 50cal, and several other hand held weapons. quite fun to do actually.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-17-2019, 10:31 PM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 104

I can all so add new sounds for a lot of your new weapons if you want some of the newer weapons to sound different from others? Its just adding new ID's to the LWF file.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-18-2019, 11:56 AM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247
Oscarmike247's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand View Post
I can all so add new sounds for a lot of your new weapons if you want some of the newer weapons to sound different from others? Its just adding new ID's to the LWF file.
Yeah i use the LWF tool for this. Ive added and changed a lot to the existing sounds. Ive changed things like sound distance and some experimental things. For example, most of the vehicle weapons have a different sound when heard from inside the vehicle opposed to the outside. The apache is a good example. Even the sound of the helicopter sounds different in the cockpit. I did this by playing with the fade in and fade out settings. Its pretty cool what you can do despite the limitations.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-19-2019, 10:25 PM
Stand is offline Stand
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareHacker View Post
As I stated, just to exaggerate the difference, no offense.
Your Okay DareHacker no issues here.

As far as I seen him replacing a lot of the weapons it would be kind of cool to use or to replace some of the characters and add some of his weapons on to them for a new view of all characters all together. I'm only shooting for military soldiers something that it's actually more realistic then sci-fi soldiers something that would make join ops stand out a little bit more then a lot did from years before. A lot of people promised to redo the characters even though a lot of them screenshots of characters holding different weapons, we have not seen any progress of making joint ops to look different and to play really well.

But also I would likely like to redo some of the joint ops buildings and decorations make them stand out More. Put it on a lot of better detail I know a lot of the buildings also putting better detail on the train surface also fixing some of the glitches and the collision boxes on some of the trees that Nova logic never fixed while bringing out this game and doing updates.



DareHacker I have Respect for you!!

Last edited by Stand; 11-19-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-20-2019, 07:48 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247
Oscarmike247's Avatar
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand View Post
Your Okay DareHacker no issues here.

As far as I seen him replacing a lot of the weapons it would be kind of cool to use or to replace some of the characters and add some of his weapons on to them for a new view of all characters all together. I'm only shooting for military soldiers something that it's actually more realistic then sci-fi soldiers something that would make join ops stand out a little bit more then a lot did from years before. A lot of people promised to redo the characters even though a lot of them screenshots of characters holding different weapons, we have not seen any progress of making joint ops to look different and to play really well.

But also I would likely like to redo some of the joint ops buildings and decorations make them stand out More. Put it on a lot of better detail I know a lot of the buildings also putting better detail on the train surface also fixing some of the glitches and the collision boxes on some of the trees that Nova logic never fixed while bringing out this game and doing updates.



DareHacker I have Respect for you!!
Ive always thought it would be cool to remake stock assets. I attempted to start modeling them in 3ds max once but i just didnt have the time. I wanted to remake joint ops buildings and such. They would have the same shape and collisions boxes and such, but would look better with more character. You could replace the existing 3di files and play any stock or custom map with a whole new look to the game.

I also have some old max files somewhere where i gave the blackhawk down city black buildings an actual interior with stairs and such for each floor. Not sure if i still have them tho. I lost a ton of stuff including an original draft of my jo mod on an old HD that died.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®