Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Pixel is offline Pixel

Starting Up w/Clan

Hey, I was sorta bored here around my house so I had an idea to make up a clan about Delta Force Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre, or Joint Operations I got both but I will have to look around my room for Joint Operations. Anyways is there any famous tips on how to start up a clan with high member stats on the beginning or baby age you can call it.

I'm a pro with map making, I'm a professional graphic designer and plus best webmaster on the planet.

Last edited by Pixel; 08-08-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:58 AM
-CoSZ- WoPPiE is offline -CoSZ- WoPPiE

well, i think you should get some people first before you start. When you have like 5 people including yourself, start the clan, make the website etc. And then start playing public servers and ask some players to join etc.

we started like this ^^
Old 08-09-2006, 08:10 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Just becareful that it is ok to recruit in the public servers... lot of squads don't want you recruiting in their server.

Try to get mature members. The unmature players are nothing but problems (don't show up for meetings/practices, dissappear for a while for example). In order to thrive a squad needs members who can be counted on.

IcI
Old 08-09-2006, 09:38 AM
J-Factor is offline J-Factor

Having your own squad server mihgt help in some ways.

Jooint Op's is hard to recruite on b/c some many players some many servers, but yet again so many n**bs too. I would join a JO squad rather than starting one.

Black Hawk Down is the game to recruite. not alot of servers, not alot of players, but there's still some n**bs in there aswill.

Think of some squad names, get people to join like 5 or so, get the site going or a fourm if needed. Then go Host or join a server and start recruiting. Some squad servers dont like people recruiting in there servers so watch it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

Originally posted by J-Factor

New England's Largest And Finest Traveling Amusement Park
Old 08-09-2006, 10:14 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

make sure that u r SURE u want to make one.. (u said because u were bored? that wont get u far..)

wait until u hav atleast 5-7 people who will join..

dont make the squad site on freewebs/tripod ect.. buy a decent host and get future nuke and vwar (best set up, can be done in under a day) the website is the most important thing in a squad, also get a ventrilo/ts server running.. and build up the "bond" of ur members, as at times all that can hold a squad 2gether is talking 2 each other..

make sure EARN the respect of ur members (im asuming ur under 18) i myself wudnt join a squad with a leader under 20

as for a server, i wouldnt buy 1 especially for BHD since the game looks like its on its way out.. and joint ops is still pricey.. so make sure u have the money. preferably (what we do in BoB for BHD) is to have members hosting, we have 1 member in holland who can host for upto 24 and one in the UK reaching 18 no problem.

dont use a squad name like special "something" ect.. think of something unique..

good luck
Old 08-09-2006, 11:00 AM

But some people cant buy a good host freewebs is there best bet if you cant pay for a good host.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

Old 08-09-2006, 11:09 AM
BB

hosting does not cost that much, infact u can buy a decent host for £25 for a year and get 2 months free with some.

if pixel cant afford £25 for a year, i dunno how they r going to afford the £20-£50 a month for a game server

freewebs and tripod wont get ur squad any respect (constant ads, popups ect), besides, with them u cant use php modules, have bab stats, vwar ect
Old 08-09-2006, 12:37 PM

Yea by useig the HTML and editing it alot take awhile...

quote:

Old 08-09-2006, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by icishoot
Just becareful that it is ok to recruit in the public servers... lot of squads don't want you recruiting in their server.
i meant the novalogic servers
cause some people in squadservers only know custom-maps, and that's not very usefull
Old 08-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Pixel is offline Pixel

Quote:
Originally posted by BB
make sure that u r SURE u want to make one.. (u said because u were bored? that wont get u far..)

wait until u hav atleast 5-7 people who will join..

dont make the squad site on freewebs/tripod ect.. buy a decent host and get future nuke and vwar (best set up, can be done in under a day) the website is the most important thing in a squad, also get a ventrilo/ts server running.. and build up the "bond" of ur members, as at times all that can hold a squad 2gether is talking 2 each other..

make sure EARN the respect of ur members (im asuming ur under 18) i myself wudnt join a squad with a leader under 20

as for a server, i wouldnt buy 1 especially for BHD since the game looks like its on its way out.. and joint ops is still pricey.. so make sure u have the money. preferably (what we do in BoB for BHD) is to have members hosting, we have 1 member in holland who can host for upto 24 and one in the UK reaching 18 no problem.

dont use a squad name like special "something" ect.. think of something unique..

good luck
Okay now I'm serious I'm going to make a clan. I'm not bored now. Anyways there's no way I would make a site with tripod, freewebs, other stupid crappy free hosting. I make highly professional sites, I am using cpanel on my sites, I have a WHM reseller, I own high expensive materials for my graphics, I have high reputation when it comes to webs. Anyways that's who I am a non-free person more like professional. Here's a simple site I made recently for people who need help on web development, at http://supportunion.evase.net/ anyways I'm going to get a clan with starting point of 15-20+ people on why well web's site's design matters alot if it's a crappy site with a clan you can say bye. But if it's awesome great, say hello because high quality site with graphics rocks.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BB
as for a server, i wouldnt buy 1 especially for BHD since the game looks like its on its way out.. and joint ops is still pricey..
for JO, Jolt isn't that expensive if you take a "weekend-only" server. A weekend at Jolt is 7 days i think since it's up 7 days a week
Old 08-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Pixel is offline Pixel

If you have a private server no, I mean if you own one. It doesn't cost anything except the bills of energy. But I hope this post helped I think it didn't.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:54 PM

in what game are you gonna start your squad?
Old 08-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Pixel is offline Pixel

I really don't know, either Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre or Joint Operations, but I don't have a high preformanced server for Joint Operations. I can actually fit best with Black Hawk Down. So basicly I'm thinking Black Hawk Down.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:14 PM
BB

best thing to do m8 is to start with BHD (quite a few BHD players play JO aswell) and whenever ur set up if the members are serious enuff then put forward the idea of purchasing a JO server (or if a member has a good pc and connection)

gd 2 c that ur gonna put alot of effort in2 the website as thats the essential part