Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > Feedback / Novahq.net Support

Feedback / Novahq.net Support Feedback & Questions for the staff

Old 11-21-2019, 06:38 PM
dalecraw is offline dalecraw

How To Use Mods

Hi Everyone,

Bit of a noob question. How do I use the mods listed on here, as in the SO Mod? Could someone give me specific instructions on this? I've kinda exhausted all the un-Mod maps on this site & would like to explore the Mod-type maps, but don't know what to do after I DL them. Any help would be greatly appreciated, & thanx!

DaleCraw
Old 11-25-2019, 09:49 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

There really isn't anything special with the larger mods like SO, just download and install them into your games folder. They usually create a shortcut on the desktop to launch the game with the specific mod.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-25-2019, 06:14 PM

OK, I copied the PFF file to my DXE directory. How do I activate the file? Please leave specific directs on how to install it. Thanx.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:15 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Advanced modders have learned the value of copying the entire vanilla DFBHD installation folder, renaming it, then installing the mod there. It seems attractive to have all your mods in the vanilla DFBHD folder, but then one mod's maps are not compatible with another mod, or a different mod requires an alternate HUD color value in the DFV.cfg, which you constantly forget to revert before a round of vanilla DFBHD. Then all the custom .wav files start to pile up.

Just know that copying/renaming the game folder for a mod is an option.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:22 PM

THIS DOES NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION! What SPECIFICALLY must I do to use the mod???
Old 12-02-2019, 07:30 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I guess what you're looking to learn is the /d /mod PFFNAME trick.

If the mod installer failed to create a useable shortcut, what you do is:
- Open Windows Explorer. Navigate to the game folder.
- Right-click the game executable necessary to run the mod, mouse over the "Send to..." option, then choose "Desktop (Create Shortcut)" from that menu. Alternatively, right-click and hold on the executable, drag and drop it to the Desktop, then choose "Create Shortcut" from the menu that opens on release.
- Open the folder labeled "Mod" in the game folder. Locate the .pff the mod is packed into, you'll need that .pff's name in a moment.
- Go to the Desktop, right-click the new shortcut, select "Properties." Confirm you're on the "Shortcut" tab. You'll see the Target line dialog box displaying something like this:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\dfbhd.exe"
You want to edit it to this:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\dfbhd.exe" /d /mod PFFNAME
Details: After the quotation mark, add a space, then the /d tag, another space, the /mod tag, another space, then the name of the .pff without the .pff extension. This:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\dfbhd.exe" /mod PFFNAME /d
Is also acceptable.

The /d tag tells the dfbhd.exe to look in its own directory (folder) for game files, like .wac and .bin files. Duplicates it finds in the game directory will preempt the copies in the .pff.

The /mod tag tells the game which .pff in the mod folder to use.

- After making the edits, click "Apply" to confirm the changes, then go to the Compatibility tab.
- Activate the "Run as Administrator" checkbox. Click "OK" to save the changes.

Running ALL executables involved with NovaLogic games as administrator is a good idea, but it's especially necessary for the game and the mission editor 'cause without admin rights, Windows 7/8/10 will shunt new and altered files to the "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore" folder, where the system is more secure from these files, but the game and MED cannot access them.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-02-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-28-2019, 06:11 AM
cambreaKer is offline cambreaKer

EDIT: wrong thread