Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > Feedback / Novahq.net Support

Feedback / Novahq.net Support Feedback & Questions for the staff

Old 03-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Hawke is offline Hawke
exigent~xyz

Prodigal son

I ask Google if anyone still played DF2 and got a redirect to you.

I played a lot of DF & DF2 about 20 years ago, with the ~XYZ squad and made a few maps.

Today I was going through some old CD’s looking for a music file and ran across my old original DF2 disc (no key code), mixed in with some audio CD’s.

Anyway, I also ran across an old back-up CD full of zipped MIS & BMS map files from sometime around 2001 of maps that I had made and or collected, including some original “Raven” maps.

I can open the CD, folders & sub folders and see that there are 215 BMS files & a few hundred more MIS/ other files.

At any rate, I tried to play it - as I still had a very old install backed up on an old external drive I’ve been dragging around with me for a decade or more.

Although the application exe loaded it did not work well; and the DF2Med editor would not load at all, so I could not open the maps.

For all I know they are all common maps everybody already has.

The zipped files are probably as good as the day they were zipped.

I would love to play again.

So my question is:

Are there still enough people/ servers out there to make it worthwhile scrubbing my hard drives and deleting all the old df2 files; and starting from scratch with a new fully patched install at Steam/ or other.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2018, 10:52 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Absolutely! There are quite a few people playing DF2 still. The gog.com version of DF2 has already been patched with all the community patches if you want to purchase a copy. The steam version does not really work well out of the box. I also sent you a PM with more info as there is a mod that most people use to play DF2 now days.

Make sure to also join the DF2 Facebook group where there are almost 2,000 members.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/df2reunion/

Make sure to check your PM here on the forums!

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq