Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Man I feel gutted...

Well, two days ago mum came back home after her trip, and later on she found out one of her golden watches were missing in the house. This watch was given to her probably before I was born by my dad (which is now dead).

While mum was gone and I was at home myself for a while, I let a few of my friends come in (and she gave explicit instructions not to let anyone in). I don't like being a saddo sometimes so I thought "Yeah, I'll let them in for a while" and THAT'S it.

So, I've been feeling a bit "upset" and pissed and continously thinking "Did they steal it?" or not. Firstly, only two of my friends came. Later on the next day, they came again a few times, along with one of my friend's little brother - so that's three.

I made a list in my head. It can't have been my friend's little brother - I know he wouldn't do anything like that. I can tell he's not the guy who would do that. That leaves two of my friends. The first friend, I've known him since I was little. I thought it could be him, but then I just couldn't imagine in my head him doing such a thing.

Now, before I continue, I just wanna say, I have my own way of telling if someone's done something or not. I use my imagination. I think in my head of a certain person stealing it - and then I think, no - it doesn't seem right; or it does seem right.

That leaves me with my other friend which I only started to know this year. Something really tells me he did it. Mum left her gold watch on the table in the lounge and trusted me that nobody would come, ever. I can just imagine that fulla getting it when I ain't looking.

Then again, before my friends came, my brother and his girlfriend were hanging out here at this house. Okay, I was thinking maybe she could've gotten it. Then I thought, no - she's an adult, and adults don't really "do" that.

The bad thing is, the friend I was telling you about that possibly could have stolen it lives far away from where I live. So I can't go to his house and go "Did you steal it?" (NOT assuming he'd admit it instantly if he did steal it).

But I feel really upset - because even though it's not my watch, it's something that was given to my mum a very long time ago - something expensive, of great value.

If I find out whoever did it, I will seriously get that alkafeen pipe (or whatever the heck it's called), and smash them across the head with it.

And I doubt this watch has been misplaced - me and mum have looked everywhere in the house.

And a golden bracelet was missing as well with that watch. And like said, this watch was on the table in the lounge - so it seemed like a "neutral" place to put it. So if it was in mum's bedroom for example, the person probably wouldn't steal it because he/she might think "Oh, it's probably his mum's". Or, if in my bedroom he/she would would probably think "It's his". But this was in the lounge and there were other watches around it as well so he/she would think "Oh, there's heaps of watches around it, and it doesn't look like anybody's" - and yank, there you go... gone...

Right now mum has stopped getting real angry (it's true as time goes by the pain heals up), but I'm still feeling a bit dull...

I guess I just gotta let time pass by for now and see what happens from there...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
something big like those could happen to me occasionaly even if i cant remember exactly what happened.

heres what id do, invite all ur friends over at one point, then just get serious with them, talk quietly to them sayin how serious the situation is. if they were a true friend theyd tell you straight up and get it back to you for the least amount of fuss if you know what i mean.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 09-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

There's a reason why orders aren't meant to be disobeyed. Everyone's a suspect, those that you trust and know well enough are exempt from that fact.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Considering the circumstances, and its a ladies watch and also a bracelet, my first suspect is your brothers girlfriend who was there that day. both items are something a female would covet and even notice lying about in the lounge, and a male would most likely glance at and forget 10 seconds later. now if it was something like a cool knife or something of that nature then the male would probably grab it and the female ignore.

Just because she is an adult doesnt make her better than a teen or even a child. Adults are thieves and liars too.

Best thing to do is if both those friends are around is mention the watch in a passing comment along with who gave it to your mom and how upset she is that its missing and watch their reaction. The guilty party will show themselves because they feel bad over what harm they did because they thought it was just an expensive watch and not an heirloom. The showing will be subtle such as they wont have much to say in the next conversation and wont look you in the face much less eyes. Also hint that you sure wish you could find it and give a room in that statement: "Dam I wish i could find that watch that my father gave my mother in the lounge" this will give them a way out without telling you direct that they did it, and an opurtunity to place the watch someplace in the room specified the next time they are there.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
hold your friends up at gunpoint and say "gimme the ****ing watch or I WILL BLOW YOUR ****ING HEAD OFF!"

workseverytime.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:41 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

Quote:
Originally posted by Spazz
hold your friends up at gunpoint and say "gimme the ****ing watch or I WILL BLOW YOUR ****ING HEAD OFF!"

workseverytime.
maybe not to that extreme, but that's your best bet.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:02 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
you know what else you can, you can tell everyone who was at your house during that time period to cough up the watch or take it to the police which will get one of them to cough it up, but first i would say check your whole house a few more times before you do something like that...

Old 10-01-2007, 04:06 PM

Well, staying at home yourself when you're young is a bit umm... not "legal" here, so we can't totally rely on the police for this subject.

@ JET, yes it is true that males usually don't take stuff like that, but these days, you'll never know. Like the friend that I think that actually took it, he's got a pink phone, and he's proud of it. He probably wouldn't mind taking a woman's gold watch and wearing that... dunno.

I really wished my brother kept his air rifle at home. Sure it's not a "real" firearm, but it's bound to get that watch back, if it were stolen...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

Well, my only advice here is..

I don't think that your "freinds" if you wish to call them, took it. Most people look at those kinda things and have a bit of respect for others property. I mean, a womans watch wouldn't even fit me and i have bony wrists, and pawning it will get about like 20 bucks lol, well so... just get them all in a room and say like hey, im in deep ****, please like help me out, if you have took it, i don't care, just like tell me and i'll be fine with it.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky
Well, my only advice here is..

I don't think that your "freinds" if you wish to call them, took it. Most people look at those kinda things and have a bit of respect for others property. I mean, a womans watch wouldn't even fit me and i have bony wrists, and pawning it will get about like 20 bucks lol, well so... just get them all in a room and say like hey, im in deep ****, please like help me out, if you have took it, i don't care, just like tell me and i'll be fine with it.
The one I suspect lives really far away from me unfortunately...

Chris
Old 10-01-2007, 10:20 PM

Well mum's starting to "let go" of it really and asks not to mention it, and saying it's her fault that this all happened - and all that other stuff.

I don't get how people can say stuff like "just let it go" or "forget" about it - and it doesn't apply to just a watch - it applies to everything in this world. Your best friend dies - forget about it/go on, someone stole your car - forget about it/go on. I don't get how people can just "continue" without thinking that somewhere out there there's a stolen car, or a watch, or whatever which deserves to be back to its rightful owner - or someone that died, who should have lived. We're all humans, and we have feelings. We're not robots or something... or some crooked artificial intelligence...

And seriously, if I see someone at school wear that watch, I'm gonna turn into the other me...

Chris
Old 10-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will chris all i can say you open the door they walk right in with open hands feel lucky only two small item are gone, it could have been a lot more.

remember were you live there not many people and some now know the layout of your home.

never a good id to let people into your home without some other family members there to help keep a eye on things! if some one get sticky fingers they can be catch better with more eyes on them.

live and learn

never trust no one outside the family. other may turn on you do you bad, you don't wish it to happen then don't open the door anymore.

sorry not trying to meen only say it should have never happen at all. your mom was in the right why its her home and she share her life and home, beside food with you, a trust is hard to come by.

keep inmind she can give you up to another family, lot of family hit hard time they can't handle the kids or feed them anymore. be happy you have her and get out of your head you can do as you please you got to be a team you and your mother.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-01-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:47 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Chris, alls i got to say right now, is suspect the unexpected because the person you think took it probably didn't and the person that you think didn't take it probably did...

and did you research every part of your house? because i looked on one door before looking for $60 that i lost and about 2 months later, just recently, my mom was cleaning my one door out and there was my $60 lying on the bottom of it...

Old 10-08-2007, 10:39 PM

Well, yesterday I asked the guy at school who "I suspected" and he was pretty much acting all "normal" regarding it (I was looking for an unusualties or anything). One question I didn't expect from him was "Why would I want to steal a ****ing watch?!".

And today, he stayed fairly close to me for some reason and asked me if I found it yet - which is unusual, if he's lying of course. Because liars don't really sometimes want to mention anything to do with it, just incase the victim "finds" out or "suspects" it was them.

And I also found out today that he stole my maths teacher's butter knife... Imfao. Okay, now I'm really suspicious. I'm gonna go talk to his aunt, and I'm dead serious.

Chris