Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Terry is offline Terry

Costs...

hey guys, if anyone actually looks through this part of the forum any more... u got any idea of the current going rates for private sites?

a guy i used to work with came and saw me the othe day. his bro has started a company and wants a site made. he's said he'll pay but i dunno what to charge.

your help would be appreciated =)

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 06-08-2006, 09:41 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
tell him to contact me, have him email me at adeptdesign@hotmail.com or add me to msn with the same addresss. I'll give him a good deal
Old 06-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I think gas wants to build the site edge .

I dont go by hourly rates really.. I go by project size, difficulty and what I think my skill level in it is. For a plain text site with some company info and contact info with a few pictures maybe $50-100 bucks.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 06-08-2006, 01:09 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
I think gas wants to build the site edge .

I dont go by hourly rates really.. I go by project size, difficulty and what I think my skill level in it is. For a plain text site with some company info and contact info with a few pictures maybe $50-100 bucks.
oh...no one likes you, shoo, go away!
Old 06-09-2006, 05:49 AM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
Going rates for freelancers vary, they can be anywhere from 15 bucks and hour to 40, personally i charge 30-40.

It's very hard when you're doing per product pricing that's why i choose to go with hourly rates, but make sure you don't undersell your time, it's more valuable than any end product.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:41 AM
JonM is offline JonM

I've been thinking about switching to hourly rates, although it is hard to prove I've worked these many hours, and can cause some problems!

Well you should price it on what he wants. If he wants a simple design + some simple content and little/no php/mysql integration, then it could be from $30-$50.00. However if he wants php/mysql coding then it depends on the features and how long they would take you. It's good to fully plan how you would do the project, and then you can usually give a fairly good estimate.

- Jon
Old 06-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Terry is offline Terry

Well cheers for the comments guys, and lol at edge

Would be hard for me to charge an hourly rate seeing as i dont make freelance sites on a regular basis any more, so i'd probably charge him for the work involved. Judging by the content he wants i think £50-70 should cover it.

Still waiting for him to get back to me tho so it mite never happen yet... hehe

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 06-14-2006, 04:39 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
Well cheers for the comments guys, and lol at edge

Would be hard for me to charge an hourly rate seeing as i dont make freelance sites on a regular basis any more, so i'd probably charge him for the work involved. Judging by the content he wants i think £50-70 should cover it.

Still waiting for him to get back to me tho so it mite never happen yet... hehe
Real money comes from MAINTAINING the site not building it... just like upgrades

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1