Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-14-2021, 06:48 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

the creature from Alabama...

Israeli 4A1 finally came in... if this is a size large then i would hate to see a medium or a small... Israelis got some tiny heads it seems... or maybe i just got a fat head... that might be it, got a fat head...

i look like a hideously deformed Womble...
Old 01-15-2021, 11:12 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
that look really old type of mask they use long all go

they sell for a good price to
source link: "click-here"

my pick type NBC mask type good and bad
Bad>>
build-in filter type to replace (bad) can't be replaced on the move! only in seal off enclose areas like a tent or seal room or even inside a tank totally seal off from outside to remove the mask to replace filter! health-wise bad!
good>>
can change filter casters on the move outdoors, open areas for the filter auto-connection close off after the filter been remove to replace a new filter set in.
attachment there are many types of NBC warfare type masks

caster is easier to replace the filters vs filter build inside the mask need a seal off airtight area so when you remove the mask to place the new filter inside!

btw the build-in filter one has to fight to get them out and place a new one can take a lot of time. not a quick replacement filter type at all. I remember have rash and cuts on my hands getting them out, bare hand no glove on ether filter get them out!

as for your likes it but think there better ones out there too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4599.jpg (23.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 4598.png (66.6 KB, 1 views)
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-15-2021, 11:29 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
btw have to NBC mask build-in filter steps replace the filter
1.) find a close-in area that is airtight.
2.) remove the NBC mask from your face/ head
A.) wash off the NBC suit then water and mix-chemicals.
B.) then remove the NBC mask.
C.) trash old NBC suit, get a new seal package NBC suit to put on.
3.) look inside there are to unsnap to pull out the old filters.
4.) fight out old filters out and new filters in, not a very easy thing to do!
can take 5-10min to replace build-in filters
M17 mask type

canister type bypass steps above; filters once remove take 1min or less to replace filters, screw off the old filter, then screw the new one in. that's it!

never use baby oil on the NBC type mask will damage the rubber the mask is made of.

clean NBC mask remove all filters then use mild dish soap/ hand soap, washrag wipe inside and outside, let it dry off then use baby powder inside after it drys off 100%, place filter back on or inside it

must be 100% dry before filter back!
the tip has at least on hand 4pks of filter sealed or more for one NBC mask united, filters are good for 8hrs to 12hrs very on the filters, filters are not useable ether

US-Army Vet 10yrs like
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 01-15-2021 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:25 AM

it is the Shalon 4A1 Civilian Mask with Type-80 NBC filter... supposed to be a full range NBC filter for all known types of threats... got a tub of new sealed and in date Type-80 filters... it is based on the old German Drager Simplex mask... the one i really like is the Shalon M15 IDF mask (based on the German Drager M65)... it is my main mask and was designed for and has been proven in gas and chemical attacks in the middle east on several occasions... it also accepts the standard 40mm NATO/40mm STANAG filters and can be fitted with a tube and blower system for positive pressure... i use mine for COVID shopping lol... say i have to wear a mask or i get fined, but failed to say what kind to wear... i figured I'd use one that actually works if there really is viral particulates in the air... with my lung problems im in a higher risk category and it is actually a better choice than the cloth face diapers that don't filter anything... sometimes the looks i get are priceless... gotta get your entertainment where ya can...

but i got some of the Czech M10M cheek filter types.... they're old but still work for particulates... if getting filters for them make sure it is the foil sealed type and make sure the pack still has good vacuum... if they are still vacuum sealed in the foil they should still filter out organic vapors.... to check this just use banana oil or Febreze... if you can't smell it then it is filtering although it is hard to tell for how long... they are pretty well made and they have a double exhale valve system so that if one valve doesn't stop it the other one will... a built in redundancy.... the Czech at the time were the best NBC units in the Warsaw Pact... they still used these mask with the Czech NATO NBC units all the way into Desert Dust pt-2, the adventure continues (2nd Iraq war)... but i do agree the changing of the filters are a pain...

I'd like to have some of the Czech CM-4 mask (also based on the Drager M65)... they also have the double exhale valve system and are made of the same heavy grey rubber as the M10 and M10M... they are actually better built than the Shalon M15... only reason i don't have one is they are 40mm GOST instead of 40mm NATO and finding new filters are a PITA...

im not too keen on the French ARF-A/Polish MP-5 mask... i have had 2 of them and both were brittle and the lenses yellow... if you could find a new one then it might work but they don't seem to age very well...

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 01-16-2021 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:11 PM

my new filters arrived... Scott Pro2000 PF10 P3R... highest rating available for particulate filters... used on PAPR systems in the medical and pharmaceutical industry... filters out 99.999% of particulates down to 0.09 microns and smaller... got that new filter smell when you first install them....

Old 02-03-2021, 12:39 AM

was in a conversation with a bunch of people on Fascist Book about PPE and you will not believe how many still buy into a piece of cloth or paper that fits loosely to the face is going to stop a viral particulate from entering their airways... i flat out told them that only a respirator would be adequate enough to work for biological threats and some started whining about the exhale valve and that it wasn't filtered... im kind of like there is a reason they weren't worried about filtering an exhale on a NBC respirator as it was usually a hot zone that was contaminated anyway... i just went on to inform them that unless that face diaper they are so enamored with and that gives them a false sense of safety filters out 0.09um viral particulates then it isn't going to stop the inhalation or exhalation of biological contaminants anyway... they are only wearing a sneeze guard... the thing must be of P3/P100 rating and designed for viruses and other biological threats and must provide a perfect seal to the face as to only allow air into the particulate filter to provide any protection at all... if the mask does not do this then the air carrying the viral particulates will find the path of least resistance and all they will do is suck the raw unfiltered air around the mask... an air purifying respirator with proper filtration and eye protection is the only solution that will prevent inhalation and contamination of the eyes and mucus membranes by a virus... i just flat out told them that anyone who tells them that a cloth or paper mask will stop a virus is lying to them or are ignorant of biological threats themselves... if this were the case there would be no need for respirators in laboratory settings... all they would need to do would be to tie a bandanna over their face and walk into the level 3 biohazard area if it were the case... it is a lie that has sadly gotten people killed because they are not educated enough to see the experts on the tv are lying to them as to proper PPE... but being out in public these days reminds me of kindergarten when a kid would fart and everyone would pull their shirts over their face as if that was going to stop the smell... it is pure madness out there and online with the disinformation coming from all places the medical establishment and the news stations... but because it comes from "trusted sources" and "the experts" it is automatically gospel and established fact...