Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

View Poll Results: how you like it!
poor 5 22.73%
fair 6 27.27%
good 7 31.82%
great 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
review DF: Xtreme 2

like to know them who already got the game "DF: Xtreme 2"

how you all like the game and any remarks you have about it ether bad or good like to hear all about your feel on this game.

i thinking of buying it, but like to know how other feel about it before i spend the money on this game.

tell you the truth i really not crazy on getting it right now i'm but i 50/50 on that as will.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-20-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
It's poor. It has zero redeeming qualities. It's probably a bit more gameplay-based online than DFX but I still reckon it sucks. Single player should have been left out. Very little new content.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 06-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Single player should have been left out.
So your saying your internet Moms SP map shouldnt be in the game? Wait till I tell her!

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 06-20-2009, 10:08 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Its good.

I don't agree with chrispy on zero redeeming qualities - it has introduced new "technology" to the NL games - such as auto-tagging for squad mates, squad patches on your uniform and vehicals

it may not have much new content, for those of you who have played every DF game out there, But for me, having only really played LW and BHD, there are tons of new stuff.

And even for the LW items, I had fun playing DFX2 on a map made with bunkers from LW - its not "new", but it feels new as I haven't seem them in years.

A whole new world as opened up for me in the world of map making.

DFX2 certainly isn't the greatest game out there, and it may not be as full of a game as bhd, or jo, but its still fun, and I will be playing it for the next few months until AF is released.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icishoot View Post
Its good.

I don't agree with chrispy on zero redeeming qualities - it has introduced new "technology" to the NL games - such as auto-tagging for squad mates, squad patches on your uniform and vehicals
Actually you're probably right there, but even then I still found the game pretty much boring after playing it both in SP and MP. I was also a private beta tester for DFX2 as well as JET, and back then I was sort of interested in what was happening with the game, but it sort of wore off after a while.

But IcI is right, Nova said it was just going to be a more balanced version of DFX, and if that's what you want, you should get it.

@ skinny, I'm also happy they fixed the vehicle sound bug thing. I think it was also fixed in DFX (I and possibly a few others reported it back when Nova had the DFX beta .exe thread, and it got fixed, yay!).

@ JET, LOL. Nah, was the SP AI.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 06-20-2009, 10:57 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
if you are a mapper. then it's good.

for me it has opened up LOTS of new mapping ideas. it'll hold me over until DF AF comes out.

So it's not GREAT but it is good for us mappers. they have fixed some major bugs such as losing vehicle sound when you restart a map.

They have activated some of the leftover options from BHD such as the armory.

Lots of items for mapping. the new ones are, same launcher attachable by BOTS(they'll shoot stingers). Drivable dump truck. large jungle trees now have winter versions. A group of tall trees with snow on them. and some new destroyable desert trees. some rouble blockage pieces........ and that's all I can recall at the time.

Weapons are better balanced.

You have some new abilities such as being able to spawn into moving vehicles. Your parachute is now activated by the player using the space bar (or what ever you have your jump key set to). which is cool cuz you can do HALO drops.

you can also now start you helicopters flying in the air. rather then on the ground and Wait for them to spin up.

there's some more stuff to it also. such as better looking graphics. new terrains. and some really perdy lookin' environments.

I think it's worth buying M8.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Chief ADFP

skin killer i have to ask this anyways does it have any female players charters like JOTR had in it?

i do recall DF2 had them in the game too
Old 06-21-2009, 06:45 AM
HappyGoLucky

Nope. it does have new avatars but you're not able to change them. it is based on what type of game you are playing. IE: Snow Desert or jungle.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:51 AM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
IMHO, as I have said before, DFX2 is just a remake of DFX with MODs installed! I feel that NOVALOGIC is just is making money using the hard work of people who have spent many hours putting together MODs for DFX. There is really nothing new in DFX2. Granted, DFX2 is a slight improvement on the Original DFX.
NOVALOGIC was in such a rush to start distribution of DFX2, that the game was delivered to stores with most of the same bugs and glitches that were in the first DFX. !

Hopefully, AF will be better !!

JMHO
Old 06-21-2009, 09:10 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
every one keeps saying that DFX2 is a remake of DFX with mods already installed... what mods?

They never said it was going to be any thing more then what it is - they said it was going to be a game with game play similar to BHD, with new terrains and items from the other games, with some tweaking of network code.

Which is what we have
Old 06-21-2009, 11:08 AM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
every one keeps saying that DFX2 is a remake of DFX with mods already installed... what mods?

They never said it was going to be any thing more then what it is - they said it was going to be a game with game play similar to BHD, with new terrains and items from the other games, with some tweaking of network code.

Which is what we have
MODs availiable for DFX:

Bearforce mod (BFM)

Gunneys' world MOD

Deep Jungle MOD

DFX Special OPs MOD (SO MOD)

etc..........

Also not counting all the weapon mods for DFX.

All these are now part of the NEW (lol) DFX2 (with little exceptions) !
Old 06-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
MODs availiable for DFX:

Bearforce mod (BFM)

Gunneys' world MOD

Deep Jungle MOD

DFX Special OPs MOD (SO MOD)

etc..........

Also not counting all the weapon mods for DFX.

All these are now part of the NEW (lol) DFX2 (with little exceptions) !
Umm sorry no there is no mod content from any of those mods. I know I have every file from the .pff files extracted and have been going over them for a new mod. BTW I am one of the main creators of the SO mod, as well as was a private beta tester for DFX2.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 06-21-2009, 01:45 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_jet_xX View Post
Umm sorry no there is no mod content from any of those mods. I know I have every file from the .pff files extracted and have been going over them for a new mod. BTW I am one of the main creators of the SO mod, as well as was a private beta tester for DFX2.
I'm not saying that these items were taken from MODs. These items were taken from earlier Delta Force games (JO, BHD ...etc ... ) and were used by MODDERS in their DFX MODs.

You said
Quote:
"I know I have every file from the .pff files extracted and have been going over them for a new mod.".
That means you use NOVALOGICs' items also in your MODs. My point made!

Those items belong to NOVALOGIC's copyright.

NOVALOGIC just took the Modders ideas and included those items in DFX2.

Same or different items? What does it matter? DFX2 still looks like a MOD !

Last edited by dave61; 06-21-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Cmoore is offline Cmoore

Quote:
they said it was going to be a game with game play similar to BHD
If only that was true ! There isn't anything BHD like except they imported some of the bhd objects.

While I would agree the game is not horrible.. its not great either.

Still has some dumb unrealistic physics, horrible graphical glitches, and anything but "extreme" game play.

Lack of decent map / level designers for Nova doesn't help matters either. Though to appease the huge number of map complaints they have announced they will port over 5 JO and 5 BHD maps. What a workaround huh ?!

DFX sequel ? You also have to wonder why on earth would they choose one of their lesser popular titles to make a sequel for ? I liked DFX for the first several months it came out and I played it... but I went back to BHD. One of the reasons why was because there would be a several hundred playing DFX but BHD still had several thousand playing at that time. Now when I go to play DFX2.. guess how many people are logged in playing ? A good night.. maybe 100 ish.. a regular night.. 50-70 !

Which brings me to marketing.. as with all Nova "projects" DFX2 kinda snuck up on most. The near non-existent marketing of it carried over to the release. When DFX2 was released it went to Best Buy stores only ! How on earth can you expect decent sales when its only shipped to Best Buy !? No Walmart or Targets ! I prefer Best Buy myself but if you want your game out there.. you better sell it at a Walmart. Granted they did offer the game for digital download at various online stores.. and now they brought in Steam.. which was a near disaster with NovaWorld2 being down at the time of the Steam release. Digital downloading and Best Buys though alone is not enough ! I can see only one reason for this.. duplication, shipping, and packaging cost !!

So what really is different here ? Slightly better DFX graphics, Game Play = DFX , Terrains = previous games, objects and items = BHD, JO, DFX.
Its clear not much orginal work was done here. Thats not to say its not at times a fun game. The ability to use Nile and med editor to make your own custom maps.. will extend its possibilities even further.

I think once BMT3 is out and an updated stat app for it.. combined with custom maps.. it will hold me over to AF or Op Flash 2 . But.. you really have to wonder about this project. I believe this game and the anniv pack release is a resource grab for AF. I think if this fails miserably (which is close to doing)... its the end of AF and the final nail in the coffin for NL. Probably why they brought Steam sort of on board for selling their titles.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:37 AM
HappyGoLucky

well like I said before.

it has all hte items from JO and the new ones I have listed above. and they fixed some bugs and gave us a few new options........
Old 06-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Chief ADFP

don't be pushy about it guys

you said how you feel about it, thats cool leave it at that ok
Old 06-21-2009, 02:10 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

I'm cool, William!

Sorry if I started to cross the line! I didn't mean to be pushy!

But, just wanted my point made!

No hard feelings JET !!! OK !!

Last edited by dave61; 06-21-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:02 PM
HappyGoLucky

you're just not feeling it chris.....

it is indeed a better version than DFX. it's nice to have all those items and options in a STOCK game. instead of mods.......

Last edited by skinny killer; 06-21-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny killer View Post
you're just not feeling it chris.....

it is indeed a better version than DFX. it's nice to have all those items and options in a STOCK game. instead of mods.......
Well that's all it is, just a pretty much better version of DFX. That's exactly what people got, and I reckon a lot of people probably got pissed off because they made a silly assumption or heard a rumour.

And don't talk to me about feeling!

Old 06-24-2009, 11:21 AM
HappyGoLucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Well that's all it is, just a pretty much better version of DFX. That's exactly what people got, and I reckon a lot of people probably got pissed off because they made a silly assumption or heard a rumour.

And don't talk to me about feeling!

LOL!

Well I remember a few of us asked Nova on Novaworld1 to do a remake of DFX and make it better and fix some bugs. It sounds to me like we just got what we were asking for.