Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:51 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Apologies for an Untold amount of problems

I'm currently having an untold amount of problems trying to fix my latest DFX2 map.

Every time I edit the map the file rolls back to some other point or doesn't add the last set of instructions.

It happens with the wac and bin as well and I've experienced this before.

So I strongly suspect the problems are with windows again.

I'm trying hard to fix the map but it's already been published, so it's not a good experience and my apologies to those affected.

If anyone else is having this problem please feel free to post about it here.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro locked down to november 2018

Last edited by Guest001; 10-18-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:31 AM
chopperprop is offline chopperprop
=TMW=

Send a message via MSN to chopperprop
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
I'm currently having an untold amount of problems trying to fix my latest DFX2 map.

Every time I edit the map the file rolls back to some other point or doesn't add the last set of instructions.

It happens with the wac and bin as well and I've experienced this before.

So I strongly suspect the problems are with windows again.

I'm trying hard to fix the map but it's already been published, so it's not a good experience and my apologies to those affected.

If anyone else is having this problem please feel free to post about it here.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro locked down to november 2018
Yes it was an admin right issue - when ever I would use the MED and try saving the game it would rename it or move it into the public files folder or something weird like that.
After installing a secondary SSD and making it mine lol- no more issues- On the new drive I made sure it was owned by me in the rights folder and set the MED to always run as administrator.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperprop View Post
Yes it was an admin right issue - when ever I would use the MED and try saving the game it would rename it or move it into the public files folder or something weird like that.
After installing a secondary SSD and making it mine lol- no more issues- On the new drive I made sure it was owned by me in the rights folder and set the MED to always run as administrator.
Good info Chopper.

It's helped me realise a few things, I like to sit outside so the current development machine is a single SSD laptop and NL is installed in C Program Files x86 Novalogic.

My desktop machine inside has it installed in D Games Novalogic and there doesn't seem to be the same problem happening there.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2019, 06:55 PM
MAJWIZ is offline MAJWIZ

If your talking about Lantern Storm : my problem Is when I blow up the second tower the hostage gets stuck on the walkway and sometimes the flags are placed so you can't reach them (on the first boat dock, before you go to the house and water tower.)
Old 10-19-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJWIZ View Post
If your talking about Lantern Storm : my problem Is when I blow up the second tower the hostage gets stuck on the walkway and sometimes the flags are placed so you can't reach them (on the first boat dock, before you go to the house and water tower.)
I'll look into it, he may be going to the wrong waypoint - I was sure it was ok before I uploaded it

The general idea was...

You have to release the first pilot before the map triggers for the next point so maybe you ran ahead?

Anyway you need to get under the huts for Flag C and wait for the first boat to arrive to trigger the waypoint.

For Flag D climb the water tower and jump onto the roof of the building then down onto the wooden enclosure then jump up to the balcony and then inside to hit the spawn point.

Last edited by Guest001; 10-19-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJWIZ View Post
Seriously MAJWIZ I can't find any errors with the 2nd pilot but that doesn't neccessarily mean there isn't any.

Perhaps you were at the 3rd pilot location? He definitly doesn't go until you free the others and when I had a good look at the map the waypoints for pilot 3 were definitely in need of widening, although if the pilots get stuck it won't affect the game, you can play on.

I'll fix that up but beyond that I'll have to ask again if anyone else has any other problems with the map?