Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-20-2002, 07:38 PM
HySpeedTNT is offline HySpeedTNT

Oh, and another one: Shooting from behind.

I've seen a lot of people complain about this, and it's happend to me (both ways).

A player runs past me, and I shoot an entire clip from the CAR into his back. His body spurts blood, but he doesn't die. He turns around and kills me.

On the other side of the coin, I've been standing in a spot sniping, and suddenly my screen is flashing red from being shot. When I turn around, there is a guy 5 feet away from me reloading. Having seen and read about this, I let him reload, to see if he would kill me when I turned around. Nope. Another clip. So I shot him. One shot, chest level, he died.

Clearly a bug.

So, I've been advising people to not shoot in the back from directly behind. That appears to be the trigger. If you can aim for the head, do that. If possible, move to the side before firing. I _think_ I've been able to kill people after shooting them in the back by aiming for the feet. But that takes a lot of shots, and the bunnies make that tough. But that's been effective lately.

Well, apart from custom maps crashing clients and servers, those are the bugs I've seen.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:18 PM

Well, I remembered another one.

Actually, this is a glitch that people were using to cheat.

It appears that these players would lie down next to a container and "spin" along the edge of the container. They were suspended in the air, firing like mad, and nearly impossible to hit. To make matters worse, they were base raping (a personal peeve of mine).

I warned them (as host), then laid down near their "spot". One stopped, the other was gracious enough to continue and provide some nice screen shots before he was banned. What reminded me of this was that Spike (the glitching cheater) just tried to get into one of my servers, and the ban filter denied him. Ahhhhh. LOL

I'll try to attach a screen shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss00010.jpg (48.7 KB, 65 views)
Old 11-20-2002, 09:00 PM

Next ss:
2 of 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss00011.jpg (48.2 KB, 55 views)
Old 11-20-2002, 09:01 PM

roll glitch #3 of 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss00012.jpg (48.1 KB, 57 views)
Old 12-02-2002, 07:40 AM
Blade is offline Blade

Send a message via ICQ to Blade
Frist prob ive had on BHD i keep falling out of the biuldens u know i like to sniper swo i try and get high on the towers and i keep running throu the wall out the other side ?? LOL allways on other peps severs never mine ohh and now and again sometimes the ground renders all white when i blow up a car or use a nade
My specs r

2.53GiG Pent 4
Geforce4 Ti 4200
570 DDR
120Gig hard drive
win XP
All drives up to date

Its not about dieing for your country... Its about makeing your enemies die for theres.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:30 AM
cR4zY is offline cR4zY

1) nade the choppers with a mounted grenade launcher or hand grenade (kinda tricky at first)
2) jump and BURST at the proners

only bug i found was that i got renamed into literaly nothing, and joined the GREEN team.. wtf?

Old 12-04-2002, 03:05 AM
~CRS~ Opus is offline ~CRS~ Opus

Send a message via ICQ to ~CRS~ Opus
The spinning in place still bothers me, I see that all over the Public and Nova servers, a well placed nade takes care of it though . This isn't really a bug but it bothers me that you can fall 200ft without sustaining any damage, hopefully that will be adressed in the full version. I also have trouble remapping my mouse, the demo will not let me use my 4th and 5th mouse buttons.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:16 PM
TexasRattler is offline TexasRattler

BHD SYSDUMP

I keep getting the SYSDUMP error. People have told me what to do before but nothing has seemed to work. So any help would be nice. My video card is old so I am not sure if that's the problem. I will be getting a GeForce 4 MX 440 soon though.

My specs:
1.2 ghz
192 mb
80 gb
windows me
Nvidia TnT 2 pro video card.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:27 AM

Re: BHD SYSDUMP

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasRattler
I keep getting the SYSDUMP error. People have told me what to do before but nothing has seemed to work. So any help would be nice. My video card is old so I am not sure if that's the problem. I will be getting a GeForce 4 MX 440 soon though.

My specs:
1.2 ghz
192 mb
80 gb
windows me
Nvidia TnT 2 pro video card.
It's not the vid card, many people have sys dump problems including me. I ran a program called ad aware to get rid of all the spyware that was on my CPU. I haven't had a sys.dump since, I don't know if thats the solution though. Get the GE4 btw, it rocks.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:39 PM

Cool SYSDUMP error

I have the ad aware program for spy ware. Only thing I found was some program by microsoft called ALEXIA. I deleted it and I still have the sysdump error. I also upgraded my video card to Geforce4 TI 4200 ddr 64mb.

My specs:

AMD Athlon 1.2 ghz
192 MB
80 GB
GeForce4 TI 4200
Windows ME
Old 01-01-2003, 08:22 PM

Cool Program Error

There are 2 things that keep happening to me. One is the Program error systemdump saved. I don't know why I keep getting the sysdump error. I have tried seeing if it was spy ware, it wasn't. Someone once said that you have to like get a new folder and name it sysdump and put it in the games files. Is that true? Or is there another way to fix this problem. The other problem I get maybe related to the sysdump error. This error happens right after the game says 100 % complete then I hear a ding. Both errors occur at the same spot and both take me back to my desktop after I hit the esc key or press the mouse button. Any help on these would be great.

My Specs:
AMD Athlon 1.2 ghz
192 MB but am updating to 256 MB
80 GB
GeForce4 TI 4200
Audigy 2 sound card
Windows ME

Last edited by TexasRattler; 01-01-2003 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:11 PM

Just download beta 2, have no probs with it. You have to download a patch to use it though since nova took down there servers.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Baam is offline Baam

hey OPUS take my advice m8 and dont even think about getting the geforce4 mx440 coz i have 1 and its a piece of crap!!!!!! im waiting 4 my geforce4 TI 4200 128 to turn up.. that card will NOT do u any favours wots so ever. wot i would do is save up a little extra money and go 4 the TI card then u know u wont have any problems at all. its up 2 u though but i would'nt m8 if i was u.. the mx cards r a big NO NO .
Old 01-02-2003, 01:15 PM

Cool GeForce4 cards

Do NOT get any GeForce4 MX cards they are no better than a GeForce 2 or 3. Trust me, I did alot of research on this. The best GeForce4 card to get is the GeForce4 TI 4200 ddr 64 MB. I got mine from Ciruit City for $150. The GeForce TI 4200 ddr 64 MB is faster than the GeForce4 TI 4200 128 MB. Just because it has 128 MB doesn't mean it's better or faster, it is not faster that's a fact.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:39 PM

I have GE4 TI 4600 with 128mb and it works perfectly, havent had any problems with any games.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Azzkikr1FS is offline Azzkikr1FS

Remap default keys

Hi

"Bugs" or things to improve:

Some keys cannot be reassigned in the remap screen:
- f.e. Reload function is on R, can't be changed :-(
- "P" and the key just to the right of it seem to have assigned permanent function "rotating through weapons forwards and backwards" (do not appear in remap screen) - though I can assign other functions to "P" and the one key right to that, so it messes up (doing 2 functions at the same time when hitting "P" or the one right to it) :-(

Function "Scope Zero" (key setup):
- it's bad using the "Shift" +
[key-one-assigned] for setting scope zero down because I also use "Shift"
for another function, so it messes up (doing 2 functions at the same time when you're in scope mode). There should be two different keys for scope zero up
and scope zero down.

Azzkikr=1FS=
Old 01-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Protector is offline Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Protector
im downloading it now but im worried cause im using a G force 2

I Got Mixed Feelings About The Sig So Im Keeping Them Both
Old 01-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Azzkikr1FS is offline Azzkikr1FS

Also have a Geforce 2 (64MB):

- MP demo runs fine
- MP beta 2 ran ... good
- SP demo runs ... a bit choppy and not so smooth... :-(
Old 01-11-2003, 06:45 PM
GunBlaDe is offline GunBlaDe

Send a message via AIM to GunBlaDe
Post Got a wierd problem

When its loading the ping times or sometimes when im looking and the server list the game will just....shutdown...then im just sitting there lookin at my desktop. no minimized icon, no error message, no pop-up, no nothing. I updated then after a while it started again. every now and then itll let me play but i was just wondering if anyone had this same problem. thanks.

GunblaDe
Old 01-22-2003, 05:22 PM
RAMBO=USMC is offline RAMBO=USMC

Send a message via AIM to RAMBO=USMC Send a message via Yahoo to RAMBO=USMC
yeah there is one bug. my friend showed me this "trick" in the game. if you lie down behind the couch in the main building in the TDMM_01a original Day map and crawl towards the skinny side between the couch and the wall, you fall into the wall. from there you can shoot through the stairs when people go up and see out but cant shoot towards the door. I have no idea how to fix this glitch but I just thought you should know about it.