Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
here's the official post form raven (nova admin) on novaworld:
"The server is still going up today at 5p - I'll probably jump in later, but it's looking like a busy afternoon right now...

Here's a little bonus for those of you that have helped with the test and have been paying attention ; )

http://www.mtrsoft.com/index.php?opt...d=83&Itemid=90

Take the release date and the system specs with a grain of salt. "

System specs have already been drastically changed, wonder when the release date is going to be changed too
Old 09-20-2008, 08:38 PM

I can't edit my post but here's another interesting post from raven which made me really excited about this release:

Ravens made some new maps I think for DFX, and in a thread where they invited people to test them:

Quote:
KRYTEN (9/16/2008): "i have to ask here andim sure the DFX guys love that sum1 is doing something for there gamebut whatis the point in this? nova only play DFX and got annoyed at there own mistakes or what? seriously im confused"
Quote:
RAVEN: "No worries, it is a little weird that we're choosing to support a casual title - but there are actually three valid reasons for doing so. Only one of which I can discuss, unfortunately. There's interest in prototyping some MP gameplay for DFAF without releasing an actual beta just yet. I want to be fresh on what not to do for MP ( since we've been in R&D for so long ) and DFX is the most currently released codebase. We want to get back to supporting the community again and get some postitive life back into the forums for a bunch of new stuff that will be coming in the near future.

I was thinking about playing with some new content for JO and possibly even BHD as well - which still may happen down the road, but DFX was easier to get new maps out and it boiled down to how much free time we had to dedicate to testing, while still moving forward on other projects.

The DFX maps that have been up on the server are not going to be DFAF maps and the anti-cheat on the server is different than what we have in DFAF."
they're warming themselves up to make great maps by making some new stuff for DFX and maybe JO/BHD. And then there'll be a beta. They want to suppor the community more. AND!! There is an anticheat
Old 09-20-2008, 10:27 PM
XenoMorpH is offline XenoMorpH

Quote:
Originally posted by Xx_jet_xX
you dont know much about game developing do you? crytek started on crysis soon after farcry was released and there was a huge number of years between releases. average time for development is 2-3 years and 6 monthes beta/bug fixes. Nova droped The Unit around 2 years ago when it was beta testable and started on this game. so that puts them within average development times.
Why would I have to know much about game development I am a consumer, not a developer!...all I'm trying to say is that they announce a game early this year without any other info other than a stupid splashscreen!! All it tells that it's "comming soon"!! And now some cheap gamedistributer is leaking some information about a game with only "decent images.
They take damn 4 years to create this, and it's not even high end if u look at those ss. I'm not quite impressed yet untill they release official information.

I know game development takes time, and as for Crysis..that game stinks bigtime....It had the full attention of the media, but when it came out, it"was a piece of crap! If they started creating it after Farcry was released, then they did a terrible job!

[AMD Phenom 9850][2Gig 1066MHz DDR2 @1100MHz][ATI Radeon 4870X2][19" IIYAMA Prolite E480S Flatpanel]
Old 09-20-2008, 10:31 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Funny how they say they want to support the community more, yet they delete posts in the novaworld forums that they don't like, or don't want to answer (Just happened to a friend of mine today).

Oh well time will tell.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XenoMorpH
Why would I have to know much about game development I am a consumer, not a developer!...all I'm trying to say is that they announce a game early this year without any other info other than a stupid splashscreen!! All it tells that it's "comming soon"!! And now some cheap gamedistributer is leaking some information about a game with only "decent images.
They take damn 4 years to create this, and it's not even high end if u look at those ss. I'm not quite impressed yet untill they release official information.

I know game development takes time, and as for Crysis..that game stinks bigtime....It had the full attention of the media, but when it came out, it"was a piece of crap! If they started creating it after Farcry was released, then they did a terrible job!
you'll also notice that in my post i quoted raven (novalogic staff) as saying to take the release date with a pinch of salt, ie it's probably going to change.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:58 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Quote:
Originally posted by icishoot
Funny how they say they want to support the community more, yet they delete posts in the novaworld forums that they don't like, or don't want to answer (Just happened to a friend of mine today).

Oh well time will tell.
True, not to mention they "leak" the info to some site that isn`t even related to previous games NL has released...that's supporting the community..sure.

How can you expect a game development company to design quality games if they have the collective maturity of a 12 year old?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:03 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Given all the negative comments that plague the community about stuff that NL havent even done or havent released I can fully understand it, I wouldnt be releasing anything to anyone if all that was going to happen that its going to be bagged out...
Old 09-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I'm with Mike; I haven't really seen a positive comment on the game yet... I'd feel pretty discouraged if I was a NL developer reading these forums... I'm sort of excited that we hear anything at all from NL. If it's like BHD or JO I probably won't like it but unlike most of you I can't tell by a screen shot.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 09-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Coopwarriors is offline Coopwarriors

Send a message via ICQ to Coopwarriors Send a message via AIM to Coopwarriors Send a message via Yahoo to Coopwarriors
Smile

I'm with Mike and Scott. the game is not out yet and we have comment we all have see nothing yet. o yes we have saw 5 foto.s wow big deal .so be happy nova work on something to have fun and i hope there will no mod to make for it. only good map makers for this new game . like me
Old 09-21-2008, 05:10 PM
"ath-hole"

The reason no one liked their latest releases was because they never listened to their customer's opinions.

Lets hope they change something this time.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Beside the requirements seeming over the top for the images shown...my only complaint is that the news wasn't distributed to any first line support sites.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Quote:
Why would I have to know much about game development I am a consumer, not a developer!...
Obviously you dont care to know what a favorite game developer is working on and how long it may take until release. why would you need to know this is because you would have a more informed choice on their next title. buy or not buy. what quality control have they been doing. what is the basic theme of the game. if you dont follow what the developers are doing, then when the title is released and you buy it, you are nothing but a sheep following the flock called media.

Quote:
all I'm trying to say is that they announce a game early this year without any other info other than a stupid splashscreen!! All it tells that it's "comming soon"!! And now some cheap gamedistributer is leaking some information about a game with only "decent images.
The splashscreen is rather dull, i agree with you there but the "gamedistributer" (actualy its a publisher) is not leaking anything. if they would then why would a Nova developer put a link to them on a post at novaworld? your credibility is falling here.

Quote:
4 years? where have you been the last 4 years? Angel Falls has been in development since they dropped "The Unit" concept in 2007 because the contracted research group had come to the conclusion that the game would not be a good title for a multi platform release because it was based on a lame tv series. otherwise wouldnt sell good to the sheep. hmm last time i checked my calender this is still 2008. 2007 to 2008 is 4 years?

Quote:
Do some research. they didnt make it for the gameplay but to push the envelope for a FPS. and it is a success at that. the game is actualy quite fun and has some of the best graphics still today. maybe it was crap for you because you dont have a computer that will properly run it.

As for others who are insulting Nova's new title: we dont want to hear it. go flame elsewhere.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 09-21-2008, 07:46 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bustin
In my opinion they need to take Delta Force back to it's roots and not try to hash it with JO. Missions should be infantry based...sure there can be vehicle insertions but the idea is that you are a DF operator not a pilot or stryker commander...
This is the truth, right here. I feel novalogic has always been fun, because I don't care much for vehicles in the first place. They quickly become the central point of the game, and then the actual skill seems to fall to whomever can get a tank first.

I know there are those that will disagree with me on that, but it's just how I feel.

Secondly I've been periodically checking the site for information on some new Nova stuff. I'm very excited. The screen shots are in beta, and before any real public release of information. I feel like the Player-Character model seems to look extremely bad ass, and the rest is good enough for me in terms of graphics. I think the reason why Nova's graphics have always been--or at least felt like they have been--a step behind is because of the no limits they have on maps. Unless a map maker boxs you in, you can go as far out as possible. Granted I'm no expert on any of this, but I think the GFX in the picture look awesome.

Anyways, this game sounds very, very interesting. I don't care too much for the 200 player servers, only because I really only like small games of about 12-20 players, but other than that good job so far. I'm glad Nova is still trucking, because in FPS, they have always been at least pretty fun to me.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
True, not to mention they "leak" the info to some site that isn`t even related to previous games NL has released...that's supporting the community..sure.

How can you expect a game development company to design quality games if they have the collective maturity of a 12 year old?
what the hell man?? It's the game DISTRIBUTOR that has this information on their site - it's like finding out about Spore from EA. Maxis made it, but EA distribute it, so it's on their site.

They didn't leak anything - they put the info up there, and a Nova admin posted it on the OFFICIAL novaworld forums in a thread where some people helped to test some new maps that Nova have made for DFX, to say thank you, he posted the link..

How on earth does this give them the collective maturity of a 12 year old?? how many Novalogic staff members have you talked to?? That's the most ridiculous statement I've heard.

Besides, the very fact your still posting on a Novalogic site says that you enjoy their games.

Give it a break everyone, no ones forcing you to play, or even care, just keep your pre-emptive negativeness to yourself, no one wants to hear it. There's no way you can judge the whole game based on these couple of screenshots and details. Wait until you play it.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:50 PM
"ath-hole"

You need to read the previous posts then dude. The fact that I am posting on this site is because I like some of the people here, not because I enjoy NL's games. You can check the areas on this site that have most of my posts and a majority will not be in NL related areas.

By referring to the "Collective 12 year old maturity" I was agreeing with what the previous poster stated about NL deleting posts that they either do not want to answer or simply are too lazy to.

I love how this thread has turn into "attack the other person thread"
Old 09-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
I don't mean to be a douche, but I'm trying to think as realistically as I can. when I see those screenshots, I can imagine JO with better graphics and this is what it looks like. I remember the gameplay with JO, and I can imagine it being the same to some degree, open a map editor and recreate some of those screenshots, I garantee you can do it, mind the missing dynamic shadows. When I say gameplay, I don't mean the adrenaline rush behind being shot at by 10 bots. I mean if you push W on the keyboard, what kind of reaction you get onscreen, that could be different. when you turn, does the gun in your hand remain completely static? that's what I see in every nova game. a repetative feeling in the gameplay in how you move. they can change the gameplay behind how you engange the enemies all they want, but it still feels the same.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 09-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I'm sure Nova does listen to each and every one of you when they see your post, but I'm sure for technical reasons they just can't fulfill everyone's wishes.

And also, I don't give a damn is NL delete posts at NovaWorld, because pretty much everyone at NovaWorld forums deserve that. 90% of everyone at those forums is either a flamer, spammer, or a know-it-all. In fact if it was up to me I'd purge the forums completely.

I'm sure Nova has a reason for everything. For example, think if Nova posted info on AF at this site. Hmm, everyone's happy? Heck no, they'd probably get flamed like "omg why didnt you post on my fansite nub" and everything...
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Mstenger404 This is a completly new game engine btw. so comparing it to JO would be like comparing DFLW to BHD Historicly when Nova makes a new engine the first person view gets a major improvement over the last. so imagine that.

How can the gameplay be that much different from any other FPS? there all the same gameplay. especialy the PvP maps. DM in halo is the same as DM in DF1 just a different environment, weapons, and player character. its the players that change how it plays not the game.

Now for Nova not listening to fans. hmm i see multi level water and remember someone complaining about not being able to have that, more and better foliage to add to realism, and why is a member of the DFAF development team playing in DFX maps talking to players to find out what they like and dislike? sounds to me like they are listening. just not replying to or implementing everything. get a life people and stop flaming this thread, send your complaints to Nova or post them where they belong. Novaworld forums.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 09-22-2008, 03:29 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by Xx_jet_xX
and why is a member of the DFAF development team playing in DFX maps talking to players to find out what they like and dislike?
...Who I've happened to talk to myself, and he is a great guy. He's had two beta threads on the NovaWorld forums so far consisting of over 50 replies. He's seen every one of them and has listened to every one of us. Every time his test server gets rebooted there's always something different.

Let's see his latest post:

Quote:
Yeah - I was bummed you can't get in and out of the windows in the back building. You can angle grenades into it and clear it, but I wish there was another way in.

Most of the suggestions posted have been added to the FB version. The tunnels could probably use a second exit in the zone area - too easy to claymore the one right now. They're a good way to get into the zone if you could actually see the claymores

The Base AI aren't really in to prevent base raping - just make it harder, and give people a heads up that someone is attacking. I did up the number on each side from 2 to 4, since their awareness isn't great.

The helo is just in for fun - it won't really affect gameplay one way or another - I did add 360 50 cals at both bases - so it's easy to take out if it's base raping : )

Flattened the grass at the flagbays to reduce clays and satchels. Added a bit more cover from the flag pickup to the bays. Adjusted the vehicle / spawn distance for RED.

I'm thinking about taking out the buggies, since it's really a bike map. If you really like the buggies in this map - speak now!

Not much I can do about the Flag respawning in the ground after a few captures, or the people proning in crate debris - will keep my eye on it...

Thanks to everyone for jumping in and checking it out. Appreciate the feedback!
Just because Nova don't reply to you or say anything doesn't mean they aren't listening. Sometimes yeah they might not listen, but sometimes they do...
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-22-2008, 04:14 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
all i got to say will NL lay another golden egg or will be cow patty's, the world will never know.

you can watch Tv-ads if they ever come out they are most hip anyways, best wait till others get & talk about the game play if it sweet or total no good.

but going to a another site other then Novalogic.com or novaworld.com is not the best chance are they hip it up.

novaworld mostly say things to the members about a new release coming out soon.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]