Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:48 AM
Stand is offline Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
Ive always thought it would be cool to remake stock assets. I attempted to start modeling them in 3ds max once but i just didnt have the time. I wanted to remake joint ops buildings and such. They would have the same shape and collisions boxes and such, but would look better with more character. You could replace the existing 3di files and play any stock or custom map with a whole new look to the game.

I also have some old max files somewhere where i gave the blackhawk down city black buildings an actual interior with stairs and such for each floor. Not sure if i still have them tho. I lost a ton of stuff including an original draft of my jo mod on an old HD that died.
Well I am willing to do any thing to make Joint ops look more better then it doses like from the past! I am all so going to be putting new cargo containers to replace the old ones, and have some of the door's on each side open and close like door's like they did in battleField 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEw6yyDSkZg
Old 11-21-2019, 02:02 PM
Stand is offline Stand

Warehse1 Building work in progress!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (88.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (89.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg wip1.jpg (64.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg wip2.jpg (63.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg wip3.jpg (64.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg wip5.jpg (62.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg wip6.jpg (66.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg wip7.jpg (57.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-22-2019, 05:02 AM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
Hiya guys been watching this thread with much interest.

@Oscarmike247 congrats with what you have done so far, modding is time consuming and frustrating but once you learn how to do things if it fun and the end result rewarding.

If you need a hand with 3DMAX, collision boxes or what ever i can help with... just sing out m8.

I have done a few tutorials on my site but it looks like you already have them covered from what i can see.

I have lots on assets ready to go from the mod i was working on. Not sure if some would suit you but i have some great factory buildings, modern Vehicles and Bikes... i have modern City Scenes, Industrial/Factory Scenes...
Old 11-22-2019, 09:03 AM
Stand is offline Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BLÃÐE~ View Post

@Oscarmike247 congrats with what you have done so far, modding is time consuming and frustrating but once you learn how to do things if it fun and the end result rewarding.

If you need a hand with 3DMAX, collision boxes or what ever i can help with... just sing out m8.

I have done a few tutorials on my site but it looks like you already have them covered from what i can see.

I have lots on assets ready to go from the mod i was working on. Not sure if some would suit you but i have some great factory buildings, modern Vehicles and Bikes... i have modern City Scenes, Industrial/Factory Scenes...
Blade he is looking for a lot of help he would be grateful to actually get your help as well I bet. He is out of town for a wile, but you can all so PM him on here to give him a ring! Hope we will being working together because he would like to have a lot of help from the Modding community.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:32 AM
Stand is offline Stand

Warehouse 1 wip almost complete!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3dsmax 2019-11-22 12-27-55-252.jpg (73.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 3dsmax 2019-11-22 12-28-25-562.jpg (108.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 3dsmax 2019-11-22 12-28-36-757.jpg (108.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 3dsmax 2019-11-22 12-29-19-638.jpg (100.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand View Post
Warehouse 1 wip almost complete!
Are you remodeling this from scratch?
Old 11-22-2019, 02:47 PM
Stand is offline Stand

Quote:
Are you remodeling this from scratch?
I am only doing it for fun I enjoy doing the stuff that you see right here. I have the skills to build joint operations typhoon Rising buildings from scratch, to make them look more better than they ever did. I don't know if that is what you're shooting for i'm just showing you what I could do as for skills, To make things play more better and for gameplay and also i'm going to be putting the building template that I just redid on the old building, with the center points Collision box's and the ground point so it can actually fit as the other one did so there's no changes to any Maps or the model in general like size and position.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I am only doing it for fun I enjoy doing the stuff that you see right here. I have the skills to build joint operations typhoon Rising buildings from scratch, to make them look more better than they ever did. I don't know if that is what you're shooting for i'm just showing you what I could do as for skills, To make things play more better and for gameplay and also i'm going to be putting the building template that I just redid on the old building, with the center points Collision box's and the ground point so it can actually fit as the other one did so there's no changes to any Maps or the model in general like size and position.
It would be cool if there was a way to import 3di files. However, you could use the mission editors wireframe view and take screenshots to use as a template. I think you can even see the centerpoint in wireframe if im not mistaken. You could get it pretty close. Nice work.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BLÃÐE~ View Post

Thanks blade. I appreciate your support. As soon as i get back i want to get in touch with you, stand and darehacker if he is interested. Maybe we can make a good mof for JO that can offer something more to the community. Cheers.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:50 PM
Stand is offline Stand

Quote:
It would be cool if there was a way to import 3di files. However, you could use the mission editors wireframe view and take screenshots to use as a template. I think you can even see the centerpoint in wireframe if im not mistaken. You could get it pretty close. Nice work.
I have the original obj files from Delta force reload it's all the joint ops and exhalation models in obj format, I also think that dearhacker might have a tool that converts bHD 3Di's to obj format. My friend Life of Agony LOa gave me such a tool a while back ago, it had the Delta Force black Hawk Down logo on it like I remember. When I had the tool all I had to do is put the 3Di files and textures like dds files open up the program it's just a basic icon EXE and find the 3Di File with all the textures inside the folder open it converted to an obj, and when it converts to an obj it converts original format texture as TGA files with it that's how I remember.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:23 AM
Stand is offline Stand

Warehouse 1 beginning to put textures on it when I am done importing it to superOED i'll be putting the bump map textures that I choose for the detail to put on the cement texture for the building so it could stand out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3dsmax 2019-11-23 01-16-08-479.jpg (104.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 3dsmax 2019-11-23 01-16-30-749.jpg (101.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 3dsmax 2019-11-23 01-17-42-277.jpg (151.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 3dsmax 2019-11-23 01-18-11-638.jpg (107.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-30-2019, 10:16 AM
Stand is offline Stand

Warehouse one building still work in progress hope you enjoy

Youtube Video: https://youtu.be/WVMTngD3lTI
Old 12-09-2019, 06:34 PM
FULL RETARD is offline FULL RETARD

sorry something went wrong with editing so I duplicated my text

Last edited by FULL RETARD; 12-09-2019 at 06:45 PM. Reason: see body
Old 12-09-2019, 06:43 PM
FULL RETARD is offline FULL RETARD

Shemihazah here, I recently uploaded some maps in the Toys R Us department.

From a mapmaker perspective, here is my wishlist

- Modular buildings with modular interior like stackable buildings and walls with different textures but same dimensions.

- Standard sizes for all modular stuff including doors and door openings.

- A teleport object in the form of an escalator!

- Three tilesets trntileEXP.tga; trntileEXP1.tga and trntileEXP2.tga

- Environments from SGmod.

- The quad terrain files from the SGmod!! Or maybe I should make some terrain files myself.

- Remap the weapons in a more logical way. I noticed you mentioned the Reality department, well this really is the holy grail. All stealth weapons under the same weapon key

- Weapon and health powerups

- Maybe I should make my own mod?

I also have a question:
for now, I can already start making maps if I use the Escalations asset library?
Old 12-09-2019, 11:57 PM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
I have some stack-able buildings ready to go
This one has internal stairs to roof, side balcony's you can climb, shoot through windows... could stack it 30 high if wanted (but getting the Z values right would be fun lol) It has Bottom/ Middle /Top parts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg build90a.jpg (136.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Stand is offline Stand

Dear blade

You do not have any respect towards me I find very funny you're acting like a little child.

Last edited by Stand; 12-10-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:23 AM
DareHacker is offline DareHacker

wrong post, never mind
Old 12-27-2019, 01:20 AM
DareHacker is offline DareHacker

Quote:
... I also think that dearhacker might have a tool that converts bHD 3Di's to obj format.
Yep, I made such tool back then. Old, outdated and filled up with flaws and bugs.
I've made a video because a friend asked me what I mean when I say "I was bored and so I continued coding a little":
video
I thought to share it here just to show what is possible.
I am aware that this video is sort of provoking questions about releasing these tools: No, not right now. Especially the 3DI importer will never see the daylight.
An ase exporter Maxscript, which mimics the NL 3DSMax plugin for Max 5, is currently in "field testing" and will be released soon.
It features the export of bones and weights, so making it possible to create characters using a skeleton and skin modifiers.
Oh, and it is generating LODs automatically (for the lazy people ).
Why LODs ? Well, nearly every one modding the game doesn't care about LODs. I have found 3DIs with 15000 faces but just a single LOD. So the game engine needs to render these 15000 face even if the model is just 4 pixels in size on screen ... senseless.

Last edited by DareHacker; 12-27-2019 at 01:48 AM.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:28 PM

Hey guys, I'm back, sort of lol. I'll take some time and read through the new posts here soon. just wanted to share something and get your feedback.

I decided to try a different AK47 model and animation. I think the classic old AK look is better than that tactical one I had, and the animation fits well too. Also in the video is the AK with iron sights as well as an Aimpoint. Let me know what you think...

Old 12-30-2019, 10:41 AM
Stand is offline Stand

Grate job and all ways I have been doing Vehicles for the past 2 weeks and have 9 Gunships done and worked on 1 Land vehicle the hummer. But i have been doing other thing in life because My family comes 1st be for the game. My 10 year old kid go a lot of stuff from me this year spent over $12,000 on toys and a new car for my wife.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5bd78c4752ff9.jpg (135.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Stand; 12-30-2019 at 02:08 PM.