Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-26-2002, 06:43 PM
SÞàrks_ÛK™ is offline SÞàrks_ÛK™

Send a message via ICQ to SÞàrks_ÛK™
How to deal with cheats..

How about Nova introduce a "vote kick" system like wolfenstein has.
If someone is cheating a player can call a vote to get him booted from the server.
Im suprised this hasn't been suggested before as it should get rid of any cheater after their first kill.
Any player booted more than, say 5 times, should be banned from all Nova servers .
Is this a good idea? or is there areason why this wouldn't work?
Old 11-26-2002, 08:00 PM
Cathar is offline Cathar

Send a message via ICQ to Cathar
I've seen this idea posted somewhere before, but it was a while ago so haven't got a link, theres a few reasons why it wouldn't work, mainly you would get jelous players, or just bad players who don't know a thing about the game voting people off the server for just doing well.

Also it becomes very hard for people with slow connections to play because they get kicked off the servers without having a chance to play which isn't very fair.

The cheating problem is mainly on stats games, if you play public for a bit and get used to some good servers, you'll find that you won't find many cheats in them, because they get banned from the servers very quickly.

Quote:
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 11-27-2002, 04:00 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
The cheat debate rages on and for the most part cheat accusations are made by n00bs or people that dont pay attention.
I have been playing DF for about 2 years solid and I have been punted, abused and accused about 100 and odd times. I have seen cheats maybe 15 times.

Thats why it wouldnt work.
At the end of the day, permenant bans are not good for business and I am sure it wouldnt be too long before a numoty US court held up a claim for discrimination.

Old 11-27-2002, 04:00 PM

Main reason I havent seen that many cheats is because I host and use public servers mostly.

Old 11-27-2002, 05:33 PM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

Send a message via ICQ to MrB50
I never go into stats. Only public servers. Stats are not full of cheats, but they are there, therefore I dont go into them. Public servers have regular people I'm used to playing against and with so it makes it fun. Stats in my opinion arent worth it. Plus, in stats, they have tracers which makes it difficult to snipe. lol

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
Bill Gates in 1981
Old 11-27-2002, 11:00 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I'm with zz, been playing longer them him and in a public server I have seen less then 15 cheaters.

Most of the cheat accusions against me came from no where, and just because I have to be cheating. No reasons. Aimbot, not possible. Speed cheat, wtf. The Only 2, the rest were just 'you cheat' BAN.

For the 'better' players, a vote system would suck. Once one person finally admits they are sick off getting there ass kicked, the rest of the server follows and all the sudden the 'better', none cheating player has been banned.

Where do you guys that play public find all these cheaters? I mean common, some people are always accusing. How can it be that i've been playing for more then 2 years and I NEVER see cheats in publics.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-27-2002, 11:54 PM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

Send a message via ICQ to MrB50
I've seen 4 maybe 5 cheats in publics, mostly speeders or high jumpers. Mostly people that come in and see that the host isnt playing thinking that they can cheat freely, not knowing that we run a client server on our server.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
Bill Gates in 1981
Old 11-28-2002, 05:54 AM
Cathar is offline Cathar

Send a message via ICQ to Cathar
Aye i've seen mainly speeders in public, the little buggers lie down and chase u with a knife, so drop a nade on em no matter which team they're on

Quote:
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 11-28-2002, 09:28 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool Re:Cheats.

Hi all,

I'm with ZZ on this one. A while back I posted about cheats but I have to admit on most public servers I seldom see one. Accusations do fly about but I think a lot of it is sour grapes because some players are just so good. There will always be some idiot who cheats just because they can but, that's not exclusive to Delta Force.

BADDOG
ENGLAND

"CAVE CANUM"

"FROM THIS DAY TO THE ENDING OF THE WORLD,
....WE IN IT SHALL BE REMEMBERED
....WE BAND OF BROTHERS"

HENRY V.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:49 AM
HD135 is offline HD135

"wouldnt be too long before a numoty US court held up a claim for discrimination"

I'll pass on the invitation to defend the integrity of our U.S. judicial system but I am curious what a "numoty" is.
Old 11-30-2002, 06:55 PM
HD135 is offline HD135

"I'm with zz, been playing longer them him and in a public server I have seen less then 15 cheaters."

I've had exactly the opposite experience of late, at least on the Land Warrior public servers. That's particularly true in the last month. Before that I rarely saw anything obvious.

Cheating is not only more common but done in a brazen manner. Just left a server where the person accused of bending the rules replied: "No s..t! Half of us are using speed cheats." On another server the accused was giving out the site he or she got them from. Worst yet there were players inquiring about what other cheats were available.
Before you begin beating me like a red headed step child let me state that I'm not whining. No, just matter of factly stating my personal experience within the last month. So please holster your verbal clubs, they aren't warranted for this reply.
Even with the rise in cheating it is still far from commonplace. It's when I wander off the beaten path that I seem to be more likely to encounter it.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:01 PM
Edward is offline Edward

deal with cheaters as a host in df ,

if you suspect some1 of cheating/glitchn or usen a trainer as a host we must pull ourself from the action . to a spot where gm may be viewed when the host see it and others comfirm said cheat do this hit the home key on keyboard this brings up a new screen that has #'s and players name's on left side of screen find unwanted players slot . now

hit tidel key { ~ } this brings up host comand prompt

type this into window

ban xx {xx= players slot #} hit enter bye bye unwanted player 1 space between ban and #

scout's out http://www.checkpointdelta.com
Old 12-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Skinbag is offline Skinbag

Send a message via ICQ to Skinbag Send a message via AIM to Skinbag Send a message via Yahoo to Skinbag
Thing is, I play alot of stats ( yes i am sad). And u get heep loads of em in their, But what noobs dont understand, soooo many of them actually really really suck. So when ya get a good player, 9/10 they actually are good. Cause u got shed loads of noobs and people who think their good and that dont belive that some one like me on 56k cant rape em ?

the idea of voting system wont work at all, as panther and zz ( god dam agreeing with z ) said the wrong players will be band. Only cheats i seen in public servers are norm in first 2-3 pages, never have i seen any others past those pages.

Not even Luke Skywalker can beat me !!
Old 12-02-2002, 01:01 PM

I have been accused of of cheating by people I play with regularly whilst using an alternate name too.

What the hell is that about?

Old 12-02-2002, 07:00 PM
Skinbag is offline Skinbag

Send a message via ICQ to Skinbag Send a message via AIM to Skinbag Send a message via Yahoo to Skinbag
BB edit: Skinbag, read the rules that sort of stuff is not allowed!

Not even Luke Skywalker can beat me !!

Last edited by (Old); 12-02-2002 at 07:15 PM.