Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:18 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Asteroid Coming for Earth in 2028-2036

Someone mentioned this to me at school, so i looked it up and it dates back to October 31 2005 saying in 2028-2036 somewhere an Asteroid will hit Earth according to scientists.There planning to carry our plans after 8 years to destroy it if it continues not to change course.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9871982/

Good thing we got better utilities and things now then what we did years ago for dealing with situations like these.Should be a piece of cake to prevent this.

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 11-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Sad

what will they do when it breakup and come to the earth in million of parts. not one country be hit! but world wide across the globe.

it be like open a shotgun Shell with all it smaller balls coming out of it. earth gravity will pull it in faster and it will cover more areas. from one point to millions of points across the globe.

last i heard a nuke will not do the job ether! it only split into bigger parts.

sorry don't think blowing it up will do any good, my id would be drive it out put a nuclear power rocket (mount on it) to push it away or make it land on a planet other then earth.

if nasa was smart they place 5 nuclear power rocket on it then direct it to mars to blast away top layer of the planet and get a reading of it from the blast to see what it made of after it blowup on mars
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-22-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
I wish it would land on Bin Ladens Head lmao Just put rubber all over the asteroid so it bounces of Earth after hitting him and lands somewhere else on another planet like you said Chief.Maybe it will take him with it.Bin Laden Goes To Mars.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 11-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Yeah i saw this last night on Jim Lehers News Hour, absolutely incredible, their also thinking to use some sort of ship that will sit infront ofthe comet to drag it away from earth using its gravitational pull, NASA were saying theyd be relucant to use any explosive because of the fragments that would hit earth...

Lot to love the past paragraph
"Finally, Schweickart and the B612 Foundation said the responsibility for protecting Earth from hazardous asteroids and comets should be officially assigned to a capable U.S. government agency. That agency might turn out to be NASA or the Department of Defense, Schweickart said, but "from a bureaucratic point of view, the candidate might be Homeland Security."

Beuracracy for you, lets not work together to possible save the US or the wider world from an asteroid, lets create a departent that works under this departmane tbut is resonsible to this department....
Old 11-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Homeland Security that would be a bad IDs reason they can't handle whats on their slat at all. their track record is sore if not a failing record.

if they can't get any money out of it they seat on it and hope it dies off.

really think the Homeland Security is a con job totally.

don't get me wrong the law enforce agencies are good, but when Homeland Security stick their hand into the pot they screw it up totally no then will come out of it. i would not put my life on the line to wait for them to come through for me or others.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
what will they do when it breakup and come to the earth in million of parts. not one country be hit! but world wide across the globe.

it be like open a shotgun Shell with all it smaller balls coming out of it. earth gravity will pull it in faster and it will cover more areas. from one point to millions of points across the globe.

last i heard a nuke will not do the job ether! it only split into bigger parts.

sorry don't think blowing it up will do any good, my id would be drive it out put a nuclear power rocket (mount on it) to push it away or make it land on a planet other then earth.

if nasa was smart they place 5 nuclear power rocket on it then direct it to mars to blast away top layer of the planet and get a reading of it from the blast to see what it made of after it blowup on mars
But we need to colonise Mars!!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:54 PM

Yea it would be kinda cool to visit a building on Mars lol.But aliens do exist.There are so many planets in our solar system inlcuding the new ones they found.That tells you aliens or life exists on other planets.Just cause you dont see something does not mean its not there.If theres like on Earth surely GOD or someone put life on other planets, just in a different form.Many people have to see to believe!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 11-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Man that'll suck if it hits Earth!

I believe that there is aliens on other planets but I don't think they look like what they do on TV, books, etc.

Did anyone hear a while ago that NASA was going to spend millions on the ''ExoMars'' project? Total mistake they made lol... What if it crashes? What if it doesn't find anything?

They should spend that money on something more ''anti-asteroid'' lol... hehe!

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-24-2006, 02:24 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

guys.. we could get hit at any minute dont worry about one thats predicted in 2028-2036 .. we can only monitor 3% of the skys lol..

that link is from last yeat btw....

if they did blow it up then most of the debris would burn up on entry to earth..
Old 11-24-2006, 04:34 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
Im sure that it will be worked out no like i can do anything about it anyways.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 11-24-2006, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BB
guys.. we could get hit at any minute dont worry about one thats predicted in 2028-2036 .. we can only monitor 3% of the skys lol..

that link is from last yeat btw....

if they did blow it up then most of the debris would burn up on entry to earth..

Well thats what i thought too BB!Why would it not discinecrate on entry to earth if blown into pieces.Wonder if there looking at a planet instead lmao.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 11-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
NASA were saying theyd be relucant to use any explosive because of the fragments that would hit earth...
wouldnt every small peice of gravel burn up in the atmoshpere and land as an absolute nothingness?

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 11-24-2006, 11:56 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

some pieces would burn up.. but some wouldn't depending on the size of them.. but tbh its better blowing the thing up and living with a few deaths instead of millions..
Old 11-24-2006, 05:01 PM
K_DOG is offline K_DOG

hey guys BB was right wat if we jst got bombed right now wat if sumfing jst flew over us right now and blew up earth, u never no.
and look at this we have no proof that tells us that an alien space ship cant fly over us right now and bomb us, we have no evidence to say that there is not any life on all the other planets that have more power than us on earth. so really we dont need 2 worry to much about years 2028-2036.
but it was a great subject to think about.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

I doubt that an alien race would even consider conquering/destroying this little world of ours. We are already in the process of killing it.

Daredevil; its just like i've always said:

"It would be just stupid if this planet of ours was the only one in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE that had life on it."
Old 11-24-2006, 10:04 PM

I want to escape to the planet of hot naked women lol j/k

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 11-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

yeah we can only track 3% of skies, but when you consider how big we know the universe to be, starting at earth and going out to cover 3% of what we know would take you a huge distance from earth wouldnt it?
Old 11-25-2006, 01:51 AM
K_DOG is offline K_DOG

well i supose u r right there front-liner. earth is in enough destruction as it is, but i still do believe that we dont have to worry to much about the asteroid or wat ever hitting earth in 2028-2036 there could be even worse 2 come