Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-21-2003, 04:32 PM
bigsmellyfart is offline bigsmellyfart

New MedVer 2.05b

The new med keep crashing on me takes about 3 min for xp
to send error report.all the other meds work ok. any one else have the same problem? Perhaps its the reason the tools are
not released yet there tryin to fix the Med with the wrong
Med_icine...!
Old 11-16-2003, 09:56 AM
Ruthless_Shadow is offline Ruthless_Shadow

Send a message via ICQ to Ruthless_Shadow
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasRattler
Anyone ever have a problem with getting kicked back to the desktop after the server list loads? I start the game then click join, then the servers load then I get kicked back to my desktop. This only happens when I first start the game. When I go back to the game, the game loads just fine. Anyone know why I am getting kicked after the servers first load?
I know this is an old post Rattler but I have the same problem every once in a while. Did you ever get find out whatz causing the problem?
Old 11-16-2003, 10:12 AM

med and game sysdump

make sure you have the latest graphic drivers and latest direct x drivers >>>I AM RUNNING XP PRO>>>
xp requires minimum of 256 mb the game require 256 mb
those 2 require ments mean if you have 256 mb windows is usein a big chunck of memory and the game will have trouble running.its best to have 512 mb or more. i am running 1gb of ddr 400 and a fx5900 vid card . dont short change the game with the min reqiremens get a bigger vid card.also i think the stuff below helped also esp the part about the hyrogliphics i think that helped with the game crashing too.since i did this a few days ago i have only had 1 crash with the new med. i had had problems with the new med crappin out on me and later i noticed that the 16 bit subsystem in xp was not workingafter contacting MS and then doing a chat session i fixed the 16 bit subsystem and tha slowness of my puter
with 1.5 stones.while in that area i notice some abnormal hirogliphics in an envirment variable i deleted the garbage from it and did what ms said .the first section worked and i have not had a med crash yet knock on Wood...!
here is what MS gave me
1. Right click My Computer, and Click Properties.
2. On Advanced tab, click Environment Variables button.
3. Locate and highlight Path.
4. Click Delete.
5. Click New button.
6. Input "Path"(without the quotation marks) as the "Variable Name:".
7. Copy " %SystemRoot%\system32\;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\s ystem32\Wbem "
(without the quotation marks) after "Variable value" and click OK.

If the problem still persists, I suggest you expand the following files from the Windows XP CD:
1. Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD-ROM drive.
2. Start a command prompt, either from Start, click Run and type: Cmd
3. Click OK and type the following commands at MS-DOS prompt. Press down the Enter key after each line:
expand <cd-rom drive>:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt
expand <cd-rom drive>:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
expand <cd-rom drive>:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com
expand <cd-rom drive>:\i386\HIMEM.SY_ c:\windows\system32\HIMEM.SYS
expand <cd-rom drive>:\i386\DOSX.EX_ c:\windows\system32\DOSX.EXE
Note: <cd-rom drive> stands for the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive. For example,
if your CD ROM drive is drive "", replace it with D, the command is
"expand D:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt" (without the quotation marks).
If the original files in the C:\Windows\System32 are corrupt, you may have to rename them first.

Last edited by bigsmellyfart; 11-16-2003 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:28 AM
Doper-ISK- is offline Doper-ISK-

ive had texture problems with multiple videocards where the clothing of the player figures forms into wires going all the way up in the sky.when this happens i can only restart my pc what is no problem now but when i had a serve and play this was quitte *****#####%%$$:@ lol

i had this with 2 hercules 9200 pro cards.both these cards came in order and were terrible

but also with my radeon 9500 saphire i had this thought i got rid of it but now my asus 9650td gforce fx5600 256 mb gives same problems.did i mention i went over 3 complete new pc systems.first a amd xp2100 then an amd 1800xp and now i have an amd xp2400.also on medium texture settings wich should be easy for this kind off cards.also tried high end ram memory.

mind i only have had this problem with new generation vidcards.with all my old mx cards i didnt have this issues.

i have screenshots from it aswell.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:57 AM

I have come to the conclusion that nova has changed some code in the new med cause all previous vers work fine.
i hope they fix this in the upcoming release of the new update.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
Sad Bugs In TerraNova Editor

I have version 1.5.0.5 (newest) and in the Terra Nova Exp map editor, i dont quite know if this is a bug or not but, when putting tunnels into one of my maps i put a tunnel entrance and then connect a pice to that then the 3rd piece i put in almost dissapears and looks to high to go in, but i lower it and same problem, but only seems to be the 3rd piece.

I am running WinXp 512 mb ram, 32mb nvidia geforce 2 latest drivers, 1.6ghz processor but somehow i dont think its a graphics problem. How can i make these tunnels?
Old 07-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

theres a glitch in the stadium stocks/customs, if u walk up 1 of the ramps (of the straight piece of stadium) then walk left or right and go up the first set of stairs right by it u can then fall thru the floor just enuff to kill people? thats silly, i dont use it like, its just i found it on the map when i was trying to run and shoot sum1, i fell right into it

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 07-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
man this is a old thread, i like to see all new unlock med-file thats work with both BHD & TS items i like my guns firing off on items. firing red eyes flaming off. fire pits is nice but not the same, like to use all items even the ones not listed
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-13-2004, 07:56 PM

re

yea 2.06b needs to be unlocked
Old 07-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Chief ADFP

about 12-25 items to use to add to the map /showall

but there no new options to be use i would love to see it rain in the jungle too.

Bandwidth may very some times.
add a shortcut to your desktop the right click-on it look up properities click-on it now you see the info you need to add-in after click-on ok.

there not many items but it dose open them up to be use.
sorry no gun fire i look did not see it or at lease seen the name for it could be there.

i read the hex-information of the med file seen no listing for weather at all but again i could have over looked too there a lot of data to read.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-13-2004 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Cool, i didnt know that. I would love making maps except unfortunately until i get a job or something i can't afford to pay money a month for a server. If i could then i'd make maps until i was buried in 'em!
Old 07-16-2004, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cody 7
Cool, i didnt know that. I would love making maps except unfortunately until i get a job or something i can't afford to pay money a month for a server. If i could then i'd make maps until i was buried in 'em!
say cody think i saw you in the server the other day i was nunning as Night Flyer. wish you luck on a job i have an intervew on monday i hope i get the job cause i been unemployed for 2 yrs.they shipped my job off to Mexico.and the tech job market has been terrible.good luck BSF
Old 07-17-2004, 01:32 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Thanks

Good luck to you too m8!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Chief ADFP

man this is funny sh*t happen to me today:
Happen in DF: BHD-Team Sabre servers
I was running behind another guy on my team he ran into a clay (did not kill me) and he die right way only thing is the clay flip me in the air and i was running around upside down feet were up right and weapon in my hands still medway only my whole body was turn upside down? my health was in the yellow almost die from it too. my screen was upside down everything was upside down too. my legs were running in the skyward and my head was near the ground next map loaded it was reset trouble was gone.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:42 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
lmao, you're not serious.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 04-17-2005, 03:16 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

i've tryed the map thing on bhd. but why bother trying to make a map with a program that doesn't work. you cant get anything to follow a way point. a boat won't stay in the water and heads for the hills every time. i would think when nova hired zombie to make a mess out of task force dagger it was buzzy refineing bhd but they were all out to lunch.with my new high end computer i cant play df 1,2,3 or4 and all i get from nova is update your drivers. or re-install direct x. i think ive heard all i want from nova. not any games, new or old, have the problems nova have. most of them are just stupid mistakes that could have been prevented but until people realy start bitchen about them they will only get worse. so let me be one of the first to say "i dont care if the new and improved df will be here soon and only cost 20 bones i wont buy it. fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me
Old 05-25-2008, 02:13 PM
HyperCStar is offline HyperCStar

Quote:
Originally posted by Zed*QSD*
There are also players with this problem.

They get punted after 5 secs or so.

Your game files are not correct, It happens with TS, With me it finished the TS Online Update, then it was resorcing files, and it couldent, so it came up with a list of errors, deleted the Update files, i tried to see what happened, It deleted SAS charaters, so whenever i did look at one PUNT! now it works fine! i fixed it but my Baldos interfeird so now, ALL MY GUNS SHOOT FASTER ON ONLINE BUT I DONT GET PUNTED!!!! G3A3 is like G36 and so on
Old 05-25-2008, 02:55 PM

please make a link to the file so i can see what you all R talkin about please
14TB 7200 rpm HDD
LG 16x blue ray R/W Drive
-----------------------------------

CHEVRON 7 Unlocked
Old 05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
HyperCStar is offline HyperCStar

Tongue

Quote:
Originally posted by KU43
i've tryed the map thing on bhd. but why bother trying to make a map with a program that doesn't work. you cant get anything to follow a way point. a boat won't stay in the water and heads for the hills every time.
I dont know why nothing will not follow a waypoint, and a boat dont head for the hills, the waypoint its following is to small, missing it everytime, so it results in a loop missing the waypoint, and yeah, the MED works fine and cool!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:39 AM
IAM -AS- is offline IAM -AS-
TheMeek-SoC-

Send a message via Yahoo to IAM -AS-
This is a response to Hayzee's post about snow!

The only way to put snow into a map is to use the tiles. If you look through all of them there are a few that have white lines that you can layer across the terrain. I like to use the double lines so I can cover more area before I reach the maximum number of allowable tiles. Just remember that these tiles will be put into a .til file that you must upload to the server as well, or they won't show up in your map. As for the weather environments, I think the lower case ones are for single player missions only, but I'm not completely positive about that. I have seen single player maps with rain, and even thunder and lightning. It was a mod that Baldo the Don made, but I think he was using .WAC files for that. I hope this helps!