Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:23 PM
Dark_Sky_Empire is offline Dark_Sky_Empire

Some strange bug in the DF2 mapping

I have encountered some strange bug. They might be internal code error. I'm not sure how to solve them.

Bug 1:

In one of my maps, player must parachute down on the deck of an enemy patrol boat at beginning. But I can't insert more than 25 AI objects in the game. Otherwise, player will through the boat and fall into the sea! It appears as if the boat is an alpha object.

Bug 2:

In another map, I set a lot of people and other things. I also inserted a small armory. But player can't use the armory to change weapon. When I clicked the button of change weapon in commander screen, nothing happened. Based on my testing, this button only works when there are a few objects in the map.

By the way, I use the unlock df2med. I tested my map on both Steam and GOG versions. But the problem remains.
Old 06-27-2020, 01:26 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Hi, I don't have a lot of experience in this version but you could try a few things like moving your AI further apart, make them approach and fire from different directions etc.

Checking for object collisions is also useful in preventing meltdown.

The editor may have a collision view. Use this view to make sure objects don't overlap each other, check that corners and edges don't coincide.

Also interactive objects like the weapon object you mention sometimes don't work too well inside buildings or sheds with their own blink boxes in any version of DF.

In DFX2 for instance, when placing weapon crates in tunnels and sheds I need to place a decorative object crate over the real one because it disappears but in this case it still works.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:09 PM
Dark_Sky_Empire is offline Dark_Sky_Empire

Thanks for replies. But I'm afraid these advices are unfit to Delta Force 2. DF2 and DFX2 are completely different.

I have uploaded two DF2 maps with strange bug. Their names are "Defend the Fortress" and "Attack the Carrier". Everyone can download and test them.

I find a similar situation in the guide of Delta Force 101 Med tips.

It says:

//43 If there are more than 125 AI in a game then players are able to walk through walls sometimes!

I only insert less than 30 AI, but player still drop through the boat. Maybe this is a new bug of parachuting.

Last edited by Dark_Sky_Empire; 07-03-2020 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:34 AM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

no, the boat is not entirely solid in vanilla DF2.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:21 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sky_Empire View Post
Thanks for replies. But I'm afraid these advices are unfit to Delta Force 2. DF2 and DFX2 are completely different.

I have uploaded two DF2 maps with strange bug. Their names are "Defend the Fortress" and "Attack the Carrier". Everyone can download and test them.

I find a similar situation in the guide of Delta Force 101 Med tips.

It says:

//43 If there are more than 125 AI in a game then players are able to walk through walls sometimes!

I only insert less than 30 AI, but player still drop through the boat. Maybe this is a new bug of parachuting.
Collision - too many AIs in close proximity - like I said...

Tags
bug, df2