Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
RollEyes Man I'm soooo pissed

Okay, it's Saturday, and I'm at home by myself for a while - I wanna enjoy my weekend and make the most of it.

Friday night, my two friends come over, and tell me they've been "jumped" - in other words, encountered a group of gay gangster thugs...

Later on, I realize that they're kinda lying about stuff. They said sh*t like that they're gonna throw a party at my own house, etc. and all this cr*p - and acting like the bl**dy house is theirs or something.

Later on, they apologise for "bending the truth" and they begged me to let them come into the house.

For the next few hours, my two friends (and now one more) kept coming to my house and back, and back to the house, and back, literally pissing me off.

One of them, I could tell, wanted to use the computer. The first place he went to, was the computer - even when I was still using it. He just went and sat down on the chair like it was bl**dy his computer. And THIS is one of my best friends. He never did cr*p like this before.

They came back and forth like several times, which really peed the heck outta me off. Annoying me when I'm on the computer, everything. I just wanted to tell my friends, to get the **** out of here.

It's not that I anti my friends coming over, but it's just that I want to make the most of a few days - that's all. I don't want people bugging me all day. I've got days where I'm all "sweet" and days where I'm all "p*ss off".

I don't also want to tell them to just go away - because it's impolite. When I came to their house several times (AT LEAST not a million times in one day), my friend was all good. And if they come, then I should be all good too.

They reckon I'm all "angry" because I'm all alone at home and stuff and got no-one to hang out with - BS. I'm angry because I'm continously getting bugged by my best friends who seem to pee me off whenver I'm on the computer or whenever.

I'm really angry.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-22-2007, 02:21 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Sounds as if you have quite a dilemma there. Either you piss off your friends and they will never let you in their house anymore or you will not have any privacy during these days. Somewhat a catch 22

My photography website

Old 09-22-2007, 02:33 AM

Yes indeed I'm in quite a dilemma here.

In fact, they're probably gonna come again tomorrow. And probably for the rest of the damn school holidays. I told one of the boys that came over "the truth" and I'm wondering if he's gonna tell the other friend. I doubt they'll understand how I feel.

What they did is pretty much the same as a bunch of friends coming to your house, trashing it, then saying "laters bro", then coming an hour later, and trashing it even more, then going "laters bro, see you later", and so forth...

Whenever I go to a friend's house, I don't immediately boost it to their computer or anything. I'd always ASK before doing something like that. I wouldn't just interrupt when my friend is doing stuff on the computer.

And if my friend was on the computer, I wouldn't go lean on the chair and try to wreck it or anything. I just don't get how humans can act this way these days.

And whenver I'm at a friend's, I tend to act a bit real shy - which is actually IMO a good habit. Because it shows that I'm acting normal and not doing any stupid impolite things all the time...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-22-2007, 03:43 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Who is letting them in? if it is you don't answer the door, if its someone else have them tell your friends you are sleeping or are not at home or the truth "he is busy at the moment, can you come back later?".

But you can also just tell them you are not interested in having company over because you just want time for yourself to follow your own interests. if they persist try to explain to them that if they wanted time alone for that you would respect them and give them that. honesty and guilt treatment sometimes works because they may realize they are being an a$$.

Now as far as the comp issue goes, you can always pull the plug out of the wall when it gets hijacked, but if they mess with it while you are doing something such as playing a map or posting a message then you really do need to get angry and say something. let them know you do not like it, and it pisses you off. if they truly are your friends then they will give that bit of respect to you.

OK thats my advice for the day..........

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 09-22-2007, 07:54 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
just be patient Chris, it might be just one of them nights where they aren't knowing what they are doing...

Old 09-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
punch them in their faces.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Quote:
Originally posted by Spazz
HAHAHA best thing I've heard all day.

Nah seriously man, people should respect your time. You want some time to yourself? Some peace and quiet? Then let all others know that. Tell these idiots to piss the hell off and leave you alone. Sometimes people just need to be alone with their thoughts, to enjoy their time.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:41 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
/agree

Just tell them to get the f*ck out. They'll understand
Old 09-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Capers is offline Capers

I'm sure a lot of us on these forums are very much like you Chris, we enjoy spending time alone working on personal projects and playing games etc. Just like you I have friends who aren't like that and pretty much need to be around people doing stuff most of the time. Also, you're a people pleaser just like myself...you don't like letting people down or upsetting them etc. Best thing you can do is just arrange to do something with themat a set time/date. Then let them know that you are currently working on a project at the moment and want to concentrate on that. That way you are making time for your friends and you're not being unexpectedly interrupted.

If that doesn't work...tell them to f**k off as they're clearly being self centred disrespectful gits.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
Quote:
I would of done that or had the party.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 09-22-2007, 01:57 PM

If they really threw a party without my consent, I woulda gotten extremely angry. Yes, I woulda told them to GTFO, in a very aggressive way...

And yes, I am a bit of a people pleaser.

@ JET, the doors are actually all locked and I'm the one that keeps opening them. I don't want them to think I'm impolite and won't let them - you know?

Chris
Old 09-22-2007, 03:00 PM

I have a camera at my door if i dont want to talk to the person at it i pretend im not there or im sleeping. if they persist at the door just mess up your hair a bit rub your eyes hard to get some color around em and answer saying you were taking a nap and thanks for waking me. next time you dont answer the door they wont make enough racket to wake the dead and may actualy feel like an ass for waking you in a rude manner.

Another thing about helping them understand that what they are doing when the come over thats rude is get annoyed when they do it, if you dont they will think their antics are fun for everyone involved including you.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 09-22-2007, 04:13 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Quote:
Originally posted by Xx_jet_xX
I have a camera at my door if i dont want to talk to the person at it i pretend im not there or im sleeping. if they persist at the door just mess up your hair a bit rub your eyes hard to get some color around em and answer saying you were taking a nap and thanks for waking me. next time you dont answer the door they wont make enough racket to wake the dead and may actualy feel like an ass for waking you in a rude manner.
geez where can learn from you...

Old 09-22-2007, 10:42 PM

lol I have my own acting studio in the hollywood hills........oh nm im joking.

A pesrson i worked with in a wharehouse who happened to be the laziest person i ever worked with who run off to the least used part of the wharehouse he would get his hands dusty and rub the dust on his pants forearms and face and pretend like he was working hard every time the supervisor bothered to show his face. too bad i was the one who had to catch the crap when the work wasnt getting done.........

but thats where i got the idea of taking a nap.

WTF-Squad

Old 09-22-2007, 11:04 PM

You know JET, I actually really wished I had a camera somewhere in/near the house so I can see the driveway (so I can act quickly if any dudes come or anything).

And fortunately, the bugging has stopped today! Either they just finally got what I meant, or the other friend told the other, or my friend's little brother just happened to spill the secret (I told him why I was pissed lol). Either way, I'm happy.

I also live across the road from the school I used to go to, and I think I saw him like 200-300m out the window. The other friend left since he didn't live up here. Awesome.

Chris