Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 08-22-2020, 07:34 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Windows update broke DFBHD graphics settings

Latest Windows 10 update installed nVIDIA's 388 drivers on my GeForce 640 despite me configuring winupdate as best as I could to specifically not do that. I reinstalled the 368 driver I prefer ('cause MechCommander 2 looks great with the 368 drivers), and now some arcane struggle between the anti-aliasing and the bit-depth is making the gamma adjustment in DFBHD fail. Some amount of adjusting these settings and restarting the game manages to get it working again, but I've yet to detect a pattern.

Comanche 4 has always had a similar problem where anti-aliasing is greyed out and I had to start C4, click a menu point, then click back a step to get the gamma adjustment to activate, okay, sure, but after the update, C4 won't start if the bit-depth is 16, however, strangely, the C4 mod I made will.

So, anybody have a clue?

Edit: Did a bit of googling. Found a troubleshooter thing called wushowhide.diagcab. Downloaded it to find it's already on my HD. Run it to hide drivers from Windows Update. Got my fingers crossed!

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 08-23-2020 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:03 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I can't believe how many times I have to relearn some lessons...

I went through all the executables in all my NovaLogic games and mods and checked the compatibility settings. A lot of them were completely deactivated. Important ones have 'Run as Administrator' activated on an all-user level. A good number of them had the full screen optimization deactivated, as I wanted. So I tried activating the Windows XP (SP2) compatibility, This seems to be helping the games. Will test the mission editors later.

Completely useless information: I installed the Battlefield 2 demo a while ago. I've modded it heavily to my taste. The vsync has always refused to work, until this morning when I activated some compatibilty settings.

Apparently, some lessons I'm just doomed to have to relearn. Over and over again. Forever.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:27 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
Latest Windows 10 update installed nVIDIA's 388 drivers on my GeForce 640 despite me configuring winupdate as best as I could to specifically not do that. I reinstalled the 368 driver I prefer ('cause MechCommander 2 looks great with the 368 drivers), and now some arcane struggle between the anti-aliasing and the bit-depth is making the gamma adjustment in DFBHD fail. Some amount of adjusting these settings and restarting the game manages to get it working again, but I've yet to detect a pattern.

Comanche 4 has always had a similar problem where anti-aliasing is greyed out and I had to start C4, click a menu point, then click back a step to get the gamma adjustment to activate, okay, sure, but after the update, C4 won't start if the bit-depth is 16, however, strangely, the C4 mod I made will.

So, anybody have a clue?

Edit: Did a bit of googling. Found a troubleshooter thing called wushowhide.diagcab. Downloaded it to find it's already on my HD. Run it to hide drivers from Windows Update. Got my fingers crossed!
Sry a litle late but from memory you can tweak/force settings in dfv.cfg and using commandline arguments for windows serveonly etc.on the exe.

It's all here somewhere on the forums, we all sorted the tweaks out over time...
Old 09-08-2020, 11:33 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
there were error in windows 10 v2004, here the fix for all type if error it had

many type of blue screen of death to system error

it basic a hidden update fix should be hot update get it fix the errors in v2004 update, watch video
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Tags
anti-aliasing, bit-depth, dfbhd, gamma, windows update