Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about map size?
Way too big! 6 33.33%
A little large, but ok 1 5.56%
Just Right! 9 50.00%
Way too small! 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
eek Map Size Poll

What do you guys think of the Joint Ops map size?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
I think the map we have in the demo is the right size, And only too big if you play on your own.lol

But you must remember that when the game comes out, you will be able to make your own maps.

Really you can expect Bigger maps when that comes out.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Jammed is offline Jammed

If playing a war... I think a larger map would be great..... Now you can take almost every vihicle to get to the hotzone.... In bigger maps... You realy need to put your truck in a chopper.. The maps of this size are cool for "free for all" games.... You can get to the zone without to long of a walk.

This is talking about the AAS games... When playing TDM, TKOTH, DM smaller maps will be required...
Old 04-06-2004, 04:13 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammed
If playing a war... I think a larger map would be great..... Now you can take almost every vihicle to get to the hotzone.... In bigger maps... You realy need to put your truck in a chopper.. The maps of this size are cool for "free for all" games.... You can get to the zone without to long of a walk.

This is talking about the AAS games... When playing TDM, TKOTH, DM smaller maps will be required...
Agreed with you, in war there no base camp with in 10-20mil in the zone and 32-64 players it should be a lot of space to given time, think it cut down base rap all that time to get to next base to kill some take to long to get there, All so this is only for one new type of map to fight in new zone like TKOTH and S&D using the PSP together you get all them PSP Base taken over your team wins the match, there only four would like to see 15-20 base camp to take over be a lot harder and the map last longer. but thats me 4 is good both teams have to fight over and save their base from the other team

Do you know BF 1942 maybe BF:V that, i know of has this type map to play in taken over hot zone to win the game.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-06-2004, 04:43 AM
V99 is offline V99

Send a message via AIM to V99
its a perfect size I would have to say

and thats what Nova said they want 64 players plenty of room this map works fine even with 100 players
Old 04-06-2004, 05:11 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek

I think that the maps might be a little to big for my liking but I'm reserving judgement until I see the full game.

Regards
Old 04-06-2004, 07:15 AM
FUÑÑY (*¿*) is offline FUÑÑY (*¿*)

Send a message via AIM to FUÑÑY (*¿*)
probably on the large size especially covering that much water

See you on the battlefield ... FACE down

Novahq.net GFX #9 SOTW WINNER
Assaulter.net SOTW 27 WINNER
Assaulter.net SOTW 32 WINNER
Old 04-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
if your team cooparate with everyone else the maps are smack on size.

It becomes a problem when you have 1 person takes a heli then lands just to transport himself instead of waiting to fill the chopper.

When I go into a game, I get a chopper and just ferry players, Accross the water, Then return to my base and pickup another group of players and keep on doing it until I get shot down.

Its just players have to decide on their roll in the game, I dont mind if I dont get top score taking players back and for the bases, As I know im helping others to take the other base.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:06 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
I think that the maps might be a little to big for my liking but I'm reserving judgement until I see the full game.
I agree alittle with you that it is a little big for my liking, but when you think about it, with Advance & Secure you kinda have to make the map bigger. In order to be able to support up to 100 players, vehicles, and 4 base camps you cant have a much smaller map that this.

For classic game types A&D, TKOTH, etc, the maps will be half as big (i hope ) My ideal TKOTH map for examlpe will have 3 islands maybe say each 500m apart. Each 2 of the islands will be each teams start point. The one in the middle is a thick dense forest zone area, and you use the vehicles only to transport.

The only reasons I want the maps to be smaller would be because of my crappy video card and because i will finish a 50 minute game with 100 players and only get like 20 kills. But only time will tell
Old 04-08-2004, 06:38 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Hi ya Cody,

I still think these maps are a tad to big for my liking and I hope there will some scope for players who enjoy CQB on at least some of the new maps for J.O.

Regards
Old 04-08-2004, 07:10 AM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
the map we have at the mo is ideal for upto 100 players, unlike BHD where your within a 2min stretch of the zones most of the time(stocks) this J.Ops adventure has the different bases seperated just enough to keep all parties busy trying to take each others bases once we can design our own maps i can see more bases/psp to take over and larger areas to secure ..with such a vast area and different places to get to and hold squads that rely on tactical rather than "gung ho" play will easily shine through..also since the maps are so vast i can see squads having recruitment drives left right and center which is good for everyones playing experience and it should hopefully truely make "Delta Force" a real online community even more, i can also see a few more squads either joining together or becoming allies to create a larger squad just for the amount of numbers some maps will require which in my eyes is all good.. i just hope we see less cheats about due to nova supposedly enforcing a log in befor play

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F
Old 04-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

I'm not saying i dont like joint ops at all, or that i dont like the map. I think the reason i dont like the size of this map is becase of the screen lag with my video card, which is "clouding" my judgement on the map.

Now in my ideal map, you wouldnt have to deal with islands, i would just love an old fashioned "blood bath" like in BHD only in the dense, thick, foggy jungle of indonesia
Old 04-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Genocidal~V*D~ is offline Genocidal~V*D~

Send a message via AIM to Genocidal~V*D~
im a hardcore cqb player that lives by the motto,the smaller the map,the better it is.

id have to say i was surprised at how i got into the 2 maps currently runnin on JO,even tho big when full they provide a hella lot of action.

but even tho im into them,im hopin an editor comes with jo so that i can get cqb maps into jo when its released...