Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Cool Share your last battle?

Guys: Me (Sniper), Bruning (Black Op), Pound (Black Op)
Mission: Assassinate the three Spetz Natz guys in the enemy base.
Success? Yes.

Me and my two guys started off in the forest for starters. Then I ordered them to hold fire and follow me
down to the road. Later on down the track on that same road I saw a patrol of two enemy soldiers that didn't
know we were right next to them. They had their guns on their backs. For some strange reason I couldn't
"identify" them so I couldn't tell my men to target them. Later on I could, so I ordered Pound to target one
of the soldiers, and Bruning to target the other. Once they were ready, I ordered them to open fire, and in
a few seconds, those soldiers were down on the road, dead as hell. I then ordered them to cease fire again.

We continued our trek down a forest which was concealing us, and the base. We went through the forest, and I
took cover near a big green pine, and started scoping the place out. I saw one Spetz near an enemy tent, and
bam - strike one bad guy. Later on then, I went all over the place analyzing the base from all different
angles - trying to find the other two Spetz. Later on, I happened to FIND them next to the SAME tent the first
Spetz I killed was at! Bam, bam, both dead. I went proning back to the forest I came out of - but got shot
dead outta nowhere.

I loaded my save (I saved at the time I saw my first Spetz near the tent), and this time, I decided to "wait"
for them to come to the tent. I maxed the game speed up 4000x and waited. Then they came - and I popped them,
once again. Then me and my guys go over to exfil and then my two guys get BMPed or something so they then
die... The thing was, when I told them to head back, they were already ahead of me (because when I was sniping
they were like 200m or so behind me...).

So once again, I loaded up. Sped the time up 4000x after I killed the first Spetz, THEN I saw the UAZ (Russian
Jeep sorta thing) drop off the two Spetz ops. I executed them both, then headed off with my mates (this time,
with me - not ahead of me). We managed to stick together, and not get detected by the BMP that was on that
road I mentioned at the beginning. We made it to the insertion base and radioed for exfil. Mission complete!

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 09-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Guys: Me (Stank Johnson99) Enfo (enf0o) My moms co-worker ( vicious streak) and 2 other guys.

mission, contain the infection

success? no

the background to this zombie outbreak is... well it started 28 years ago and it has evolved, you cant hide, your only chance at survival is running and running, the infected can run as fast as your warthog. soo yea...

one of the guys i dont remember started off as a zombie, well all hopped in warthogs and drove around the minefield hoping to drive fast enough to kick the mines up in our dust and and expect them to explode in anyones faces that thought they could follow us.

anyway i thought it be cool if we all hopped in the elephant (slowest vehicle in the game) and drive around in it, so we all hopped in and drove around.

blagh! a zombie on my windshield!

anyways, so here comes this random plasma grenade

we lose a man

and its pretty much downhill from there, bye bye enfo

im the only one left, out of desparation i make a run for it... for what? i have no idea

Yeah they dont say killtacular anymore, just "OVERKILL!!!"

Oh noOES!!!! a ZOMBIE!

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready

Last edited by Mstenger404; 09-30-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

That sounded like it was a boat-load of fun, Stenger!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:02 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
thats h2 on pc?

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 09-30-2007, 11:05 PM

You can tell it's H3.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 10-01-2007, 01:44 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
H3 on a console is more like it. I prefer PC FPS games myself. controls are easier and better mod support.

Yours was ARMA right Chris?

Anyway both looked like good fun.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 10-01-2007, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xx_jet_xX
H3 on a console is more like it. I prefer PC FPS games myself. controls are easier and better mod support.

Yours was ARMA right Chris?

Anyway both looked like good fun.
More like OFP, heh, lol.

You got ArmA or OFP by any chance?

CHris
Old 10-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
No thats 2 i havent added to my collection yet. I have nearly all FPS titles, though i havnt played them all and cant seem to get BF2 special forces to install correct.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 10-01-2007, 11:48 PM

I had another Black Op mission on Kolgujev...

Guys: Me (Black Op).
Mission: Blow the enemy tanks in the base.
Success? Yes.

Well, firstly, this morning or so, when I was attempting the mission several times, I found that it was a bit hard to blow the tanks without sounding the alarm. If the alarm is sounded, it's not a mission fail - but a whole lot of enemies are gonna come looking for you and try and stomp your ass down in the dirt (lol).

Well, after a few attempts of trying to get down to the entrance to get into the base, I started getting detected. So later on, I thought: if the enemy tanks are near the enemy base's walls, I can just place charges to the walls outside the enemy base and hopefully the blast radius be big enough to actually blow the tanks (and the walls as well). Well, while I was running to those walls while the alarm was on, I found a crack in one of the walls like 20m away from the tanks...

So I decided to exit and play later on. And I finally succeeded. I went down to the enemy base proning and going through the wall crack, went to the tanks undetected, placed one or two charges, then happened to see an enemy soldier on guard walking straight at me, I silenced him, hid his body, placed the last charge, and starting gapping it out of the base. Later on when I was still on my stomach proning away from the base, the alarm sounded. So, I decided to detonate right then. BOOM...! And more booms!

So I made it to the exfil, with two T80s (or T72s), one BMP, and one dead soldier.

Awesomeness. Probably could have done better the first time, haha.

Chris
Old 10-02-2007, 06:05 PM

Had an awesome CTF game on the Halo demo.

I'm just gonna explain one of the good bits though. After I was in my Banshee rocketting people from high air and clothslining them, and then I think I did something like fly straight into their flag bay (it really pisses off the enemy team).

I happened to see two of my comrades come outta nowhere in a Warthog heading for the flag. One was driving, and the other was on the chaingun emplacement. I quickly get out and then head into the sideseat to assist the offensive.

The driver heads out, infils the enemy base, steals their flag, exfils in the Warthog and driver, and I remain in the sideseat with my sidearm, and we blasted our way toward the ally base and got that flag captured! Woot!

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctf_hehe.jpg (55.6 KB, 10 views)