Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:03 AM
Cujo>DK< is offline Cujo>DK<

Send a message via Yahoo to Cujo>DK<
Opinions Needed

I'm unsure as to were to post this, and this seems to be a good place to post it.

I'm one of the CO's for the LW Co-op squad The Delta Knights >DK<.

We became a squad on Oct. 28th, 2003. And since that time we haven't had any problems with any other squads. That is up until a few days ago. I was told by a member from another DK squad, that we were to change our tags immediately.

Now here's what I need your opinion on.

In my opinion our tags are very different from theirs.

Ours: >DK<
Theirs: -DK-

Am I wrong in assuming that a "tag" consists of not only the letters, but also the symbols that make up the tag?

From what information I've received from the CO of the other squad they believe that they own all rights to the use of the tag. But our tag has nothing in common with theirs except for the DK part of it. And surely they don't think that they have all rights over the use of that letter combination.

So all I'm asking for is any opinion you have on this matter.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2004, 03:01 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
well to me tags do not matter...but it all boiles down to who has been a squad longer...if they dont like it and you guys do not do matches just play, then dont worry about it but if yall are planning to do matches and tourneys and other such stuff then maybe u need to start talking to your squad the other squad to see who will change them or have a match to solve the problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 03-25-2004, 05:10 AM

Thanks for your opinion Insomnia,

They did ask for a match to decide who would keep the tag, but I don't think that would be a good deciding factor.

They play Mainly DM, and we play mainly Co-op, so that would give them an advantage over us.

But when we first found out about this other DK squad, I visited their server to make sure there would be no problem with the tags, and I was told that there wouldn't be any. But, just to be on the safe side, I asked that those hosting our servers not use the tag in the server name.

So our servers went from >DK< Co-op, and such, to Delta Knights, Delta Knights2 & 3 (depending on who was hosting at the time).

So I've asked the other squad if they would be able to do that as well to avoid confusion.

I've also asked for them to provide any shred of proof that shows that they are the older squad, as I can't find them listed on ANY DF Community website. And It's got to be something other than their word that they're the older squad. I want to see proof, even if it's an old forum post on any DF community site (that I haven't been to already).

I've checked here, NovaWorld, DFBarracks, DFEmpire, DFArena, Nova-Inside, DF Waypoint, ACG, and Squadlinks.com, So if there's a site I haven't checked let me know. Because if they can prove that they ARE the older squad then I'll work on getting our tags changed. And not a moment sooner.

And again Thanks for your reply Insomnia
Old 03-25-2004, 05:21 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Re: Opinions Needed

Quote:
Originally posted by Cujo>DK<

Ours: >DK<
Theirs: -DK-

Am I wrong in assuming that a "tag" consists of not only the letters, but also the symbols that make up the tag?

From what information I've received from the CO of the other squad they believe that they own all rights to the use of the tag. But our tag has nothing in common with theirs except for the DK part of it. And surely they don't think that they have all rights over the use of that letter combination.

So all I'm asking for is any opinion you have on this matter.

Thanks
will it counts how you going to use DK in the stats server you can't really use the > < part of it all not even in BHD at all. its blocked. Na you could change it to -DKN- that may tick them off but who cares eheh having in there the -___- you really don't hear the sound of the K in Knight anyway it the N you hear. so make it -DKN- add in the N you should be ok. i did a search here in the forum for any match for DKN and there was none at all : http://www.dfhq.net/forum/memberlist.php in any part of a squad tag. it should be safe.

Here some samples of tags you can use: _DKN_ / DKN / -DKN- / 0DKN0 / .DKN. mostly your limited on hex inside Novaworld stats servers anyway: .-_ is about it for the names with tag goes. be sides that i search for -DK- none listed in here can't say for NovaWOrld site going to check it out

Novaworld squads Listing:
01. Dirty Dawgs
02. Dreamteam
03. Dead Man
04. Deadly Figures of Nonreallity
05. Death 2 All
06. Death Before Dishonor
07. Delata Marine Corps
08. Delta Force Master
09. Delta Resistance
10. Delta's Tactical Ops
11. Demon Squad

Don't see any that would use a combo DK at all. go to and signup fast as you can lock your squad name in.
1.) "Squad signup Info"
2.) NovaWorld Official Squad List
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-25-2004 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:28 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
put it this way. If you won't want to change your tags, you don't have to. They cannot make you change them.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:11 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I had this happen to our squad. Our squad was using the tag of <<CW>>. Some one came in and got us confused with an other squad with the same tag.

I didn't want to be confused with an other squad. Plus if any of their members were cheating (not saying they do, just an example), it could start to give our squad a bad name. Also, I would start to get confused as to if they are on our squad or not.

So, we changed our tag to <<ucw>>. For us it was easy because we were new, and only had 4 members.

Just my 2 cents worth

IcIshoot<<ucw>>
Old 03-25-2004, 02:44 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
<>

<>
= Same tag
Old 03-25-2004, 02:48 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
they have like a website or something that is like a clan yellow page that has all of these clans and squads so u can find them or know that that name is taken

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 03-25-2004, 03:11 PM

Ok Chief I checked the Novaworld Official Squad list as well, there is another DK the Demur Killers and their tags are ~DK~, but that still doesn't look anything like our tags
either, well except for the DK.

I'm still confused about this whole matter we've been a squad for almost 6 months now, and this is the first time we've had a problem like this. I would have thought they would have said something as soon as they saw our server up on the very first day. The only way they could not have seen our servers, is if they haven't been around for 6 months.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
to bad DF: Serials don't have unit Patches on them players, like some other games have were you can have a shield with a custom unit logo to showoff to others.
other game you can make a unit patch thats shows your squad logo on their bodys as in sample Mech warrior serials has this.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-25-2004, 07:12 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Quote:
Originally posted by E.D.G.E
<>

<>
= Same tag
Did it change my post? the <> were supposed to be <<cw>> and <<ucw>>.

IcIshoot

Edit:

this forum keeps changing my squad tag!. The <> in my first post were to say < < cw > > (put together). We changed that to < < ucw > > (all spaces taken out).
Old 03-25-2004, 07:47 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

ummmmm...im not a admin or mod....so, no,...I can't edit your post.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:25 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Cujo.
You went and asked them. Thats all you can do.
Our squad Friction used to go by a different name. When we first set it up we found out quickly that someone else had the same name so we altered ours. We didnt change the lettering though and so there were two GRs at that time.

Grim Reapers and Grave Raiders enjoyed a good relationship. Our letters were simialr and so too therefore were our tags.
But they werent the same.

These other guys have neither the right, the legal imperative or in fact the power to do anything at all about your squads tag.
If you both entered the same tournament it would be for the tourney admins to adjudicate within the terms of that competition but that is because they make the rules.
Copyright law does not cover clan tags and even if it did there would be no court in the land prepared to uphold a claim that >DK< and -DK- were similar.
In the land of Hex ant l33tisms the symbol is as powerful as the letter.
I am *ƒ or *f and the * is as important as the f (or ƒ).
In fact ƒ is not actually a proper letter in the modern alphabet it is an old Latin one no longer used (in English anyway).
>DK< therefore is NOT the same tag as -DK- at all so they can go and shove their rhetoric up their backsides.

In terms of gaming ettiquette you went, you asked, you dont even play the same game.
Case closed.
Dont worry about it.

Old 04-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by zza1pqx
Cujo.
You went and asked them. Thats all you can do.
Our squad Friction used to go by a different name. When we first set it up we found out quickly that someone else had the same name so we altered ours. We didnt change the lettering though and so there were two GRs at that time.

Grim Reapers and Grave Raiders enjoyed a good relationship. Our letters were simialr and so too therefore were our tags.
But they werent the same.

These other guys have neither the right, the legal imperative or in fact the power to do anything at all about your squads tag.
If you both entered the same tournament it would be for the tourney admins to adjudicate within the terms of that competition but that is because they make the rules.
Copyright law does not cover clan tags and even if it did there would be no court in the land prepared to uphold a claim that >DK< and -DK- were similar.
In the land of Hex ant l33tisms the symbol is as powerful as the letter.
I am *ƒ or *f and the * is as important as the f (or ƒ).
In fact ƒ is not actually a proper letter in the modern alphabet it is an old Latin one no longer used (in English anyway).
>DK< therefore is NOT the same tag as -DK- at all so they can go and shove their rhetoric up their backsides.

In terms of gaming ettiquette you went, you asked, you dont even play the same game.
Case closed.
Dont worry about it.
music to my ears..nicely said ZZ

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 04-07-2004, 03:40 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Cheers