Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-07-2002, 09:15 PM
GravyFace_BMF is offline GravyFace_BMF

Send a message via ICQ to GravyFace_BMF
"pogostick" "jump-gunning"

First off, this is not an accusation, just an attempt at some clarification/answers.

I've noticed alot of the the really good gunners/squads tend to have this "pogostick" jump-gunning thing going for them and I'm dying to find out what it is. The reason I say pogostick is because the player looks to be in the standing still position (straight-backed) but is jumping laterally at the same time. I've tried repeatly using different characters to mimick this movement but I can't do it.

My first thought is a game controller like the "Claw" or something with programmable buttons but I cannot confirm this as I, nor anyone else I know, have this controller or one like it.

Can anyone enlighten me on this?
Old 11-07-2002, 10:25 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

You do it, you just don't know it. You don't notice it on your screen but other players can see it.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-08-2002, 03:17 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Yep, exactly. If you look in 3rd person you kinda see it.

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 11-14-2002, 09:11 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
some one told me you chainge the setting in you key's from spacebar for jumping to shilft-key i try it did not work for me.even got told to use you mouse key on left for double click this is a lot of them did the firing key on the mouse make a note its really hard for them to kill you but also it a bet hard to kill other's too.to me its a bet on brolder line of cheating you should play it stander setting as it bent to be
you can set any thing to setting on the keys sample scope in is ' you like to use insert-key thats ok but this double jumping is a bet lam don't be one of them ok.
have a great time
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-14-2002, 09:31 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Everyone does the double jump. You just don't know you do it. You cannot see it from your screen at all because there is no lag when looking at yourself. Everyone lags in multiplayer games, that is what causes the double jump in df. I constantly jump when I am playin, it makes me harder to hit and I have better aim because when I am in the air I can get my crosshairs tight. There is a way to do the double jump almost everytime if you are a skilled jumper. It makes you way harder to hit because it makes it look like you are moving when you are really not.

Messing with the settings is not cheating in anyway. If it was they wouldn't have it so you could change them.

My jump key is set to Ctrl so I always have my pinky on it. A long time ago when I played df2 my jump was space and I noticed that my hand started to hurt after awhile.

Old 11-15-2002, 04:03 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
yea me too trying to keep pressing spacebar one hand and use other hand for the mouse hell when they made the setting at start in the setting they most have 3-hand
2-keybroad 1-mouse lol

new wallpaper DF-Serials:
http://www.geocities.com/chiefadf/DFSerials.jpg
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 11-15-2002, 11:20 AM
XenoMorpH is offline XenoMorpH

Let me guesse: You all play with the arrows?LOL

When playing with A,S,D,W (when using a qwerty Keayboard) you have much more buttons u can use. the SHIFT, CAPS LOCK, Letf CTRL, Q, E ,R ,F, Z, X, C, TAB, and youre thumb goes on the spacebar. I play with this config for ages, ever since DOOM1 came out.

[AMD Phenom 9850][2Gig 1066MHz DDR2 @1100MHz][ATI Radeon 4870X2][19" IIYAMA Prolite E480S Flatpanel]
Old 11-15-2002, 04:24 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

I run with W, A, S, D also. Closer to the space bar.

Quote:
Quote:
fak i clicked it to lol.

sorry
Old 11-15-2002, 10:25 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I can't play like that.. I will end up pressing every other button then A to go left .

Old 11-16-2002, 12:40 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

After you get used to it its the best way.

Quote:
Quote:
fak i clicked it to lol.

sorry
Old 11-16-2002, 02:38 PM
§láshèr™«FR» is offline §láshèr™«FR»

Send a message via ICQ to §láshèr™«FR»
I use the arrow keys,my night vission is the "INS" botton and my jump is the shift key.Add that up and put in a nice scrool wheel mouse and you have every thing right there and do not need to move your hands at all.

As for the jumping thing.Naw,tis not a cheat.Well unless the jumper is jumpeing 50 ft in the air then thats the lame jump cheat.But if its just the regular jump then tis cool.That tactik is used to alow you to get your crosshairs zoomd back in so more of your rounds land on target.

ooooooo,and HOWDY folks,lol.

Turn and fight or lay there and get slit!
Your blood will stain my blade either way!
Old 11-16-2002, 05:13 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
I never used the awsd configuration.
I would like to have learned in the early days because I found weapon switching a nightmare using scroll mouse, however I am now well able to do all the things as fast as an ASWaD player because it is what I have learned to become competent at.
I have a 5 button mouse too and the left thumb button takes me straight back to primary weapon from whatever im messing about with. Right one I use for Wilco.

My jump is control and crouch is shift, reload is enter.
In more complex games I sometimes set the INsert, Home, Delete keys for something but not often as for most games the need to turn on nightvision, fix jams or whatever is not needed at 0.001 seconds response time and I can find N, B, G or whatever really quick anyway now.

In terms of the Strightbacked Double Jump etc etc, The animation for the character in the air is bolt uprightwith the legs hanging limp. You don't notice that you are doing it because you dont see your legs in first person view and you don't see how laggy you look to someone on 56k (lol) in Australia.

I think its important not to rant about things being lame, if you are not sure what it is thst you are talking about.
Resetting your keys so you can easily achieve a double jump???? Where the hell did you hear that corker?