Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Bosnia is offline Bosnia

New maps for dfx

I noticed that in recent times,there is no new map for dfx and I interested in why is that so.Dfx is the great games ,I love to play it but there isnt new maps for download. I like to create maps but i dont like to play them so much.I prefer to play someone else maps ,does not matter if they bad or not so please submit some new maps!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
just approved some DFX maps, they require the SO mod if i remember correctly.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Spinney is offline Spinney

I think it's because everyone is busy making new maps for the DFX2 game. As we are in Europe, we have to wait before it comes out :-(
Old 07-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Bosnia is offline Bosnia

Yea I think that too.
But dfx2 is almost like dfx ,just some new sounds and terrains,maybe better graphic,
and that is all.....
And how I see people have very much problems with it,like problem with installation ,connecting to multiplayer etc.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:02 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
well there's more to DFX2 then that Bosnia. there's lots of new items and the gameplay is different then DFX1. and some bugs have been fixed and new options have been added. it's much better then DFX1 and much better to make maps for.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:40 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

It might be interesting if the one who kills underweight people would be so kind as to list the advantages of mapping or playing DFX2.
Mike, you have been harping on about the advantages of DFX2 over DFX1 for several postings, and before Spinney splits his cash, please enlighten us?

thank you
"M"
Old 08-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Some stuff in DFX2 like the SAM launcher has been fixed, and while Nova did introduce little new content, it's still slightly better than DFX1 - plus it has all the DFX1 content.

As for playing DFX2, the gameplay seems to be slightly better, that's all. Nothing much but still better than DFX1.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-15-2009, 10:18 PM
HappyGoLucky

ahh there's more to it then that Chrispy..........

it depends on how you map really.

Example, lots of new items open new design ideas. of course.

but you also have new options like armories, which I've used in all of my maps. and the ability to re spawn right into moving vehicles.

better weapon balances. in DFX1, you could take out whole armies that had even bigger guns then you with a single clip of ammo. DFX2 has more hit points on the enemies so it's not a one shot one kill game. it takes 1 shot to the head to kill and two shots if you hit the body. which to me is more realistic. 1ST shot breaks up the body armor, 2ND shot kills.

some fixed bugs, remember that really annoying bug where you would restart the map and lose all vehicle and environment sounds? it's fixed. there's some other fixed bugs too. can't remember them right off the top of my head tho....

ALL NEW very beautiful looking environments.

It has the AI soldiers from JO along with the civilians. it also has some cool Desert and snow versions of the friendly bots. along with a hostage.

Vehicles from Joint ops. also a new drivable dump truck.

New WAC commands.

of course you get some cool new terrains.

They replaced the missing items that would show up as re X's in DFX1.

some new foliage. with some useful SNOW tree groups.

Lots of new useful WAVE files.

lots of new sound markers, plus they fixed the sound markers that didn't work in DFX1.

A VERY cool new measuring tool in the utilities. it's basically a marker that you place, you open it's settings and enter the length you want and it will measure that exact length.

Got some SAM missile launchers that the bots can attach to and shoot stingers at choppers.

hell even the graphics and lighting look better.

DFX2 is just about everything DFX1 should have been in the first place.

Need I say more?

Last edited by skinny killer; 08-15-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:50 PM

I think you summed it up pretty good then. ^

But new .wac commands? BTW, the utility thing was in DFX's MED as well.

One of the big things was the new .exe which had a load of new stuff, but that's in DFX1 and JO as well.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-15-2009, 11:09 PM
HappyGoLucky

yeah there's a few new WAC commands. like the one that give the player experience points. which is cool because you can reward the player with any number of experience points when he completes an objective.

there's lots of other stuff that has changed in the game to add to what I have above. example, instead of the parachute opening on it's own, you press the jump key to open it. which allows you to do HALO jumps. you can fall for as long as you want and then you choose when to open it.

And you're right Chrispy, never noticed those tools in DFX1, when ever I selected the utilities it would always give me a list of tiles. I wonder if Nova added this when they updated DFX1?
Old 08-16-2009, 12:56 AM

I looked in the BHD MED and those are there too. I first saw these being used in some maps but I actually never knew that you could modify the length, so cheers for that. It does help a lot when trying to balance a MP map. :P
Old 08-16-2009, 10:02 AM
HappyGoLucky

I've always used a Wapoint to measure. it's good for checking the attack distance on a bot. just place the WP on the bot, set the WP distance to what you want and you'll see exactly how far out the bot will see if you were to set his attack distances to that number.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:16 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Good post Skinney, I've used the 'ruler' in JO, but quicker to use the waypoint trick, indeed you've thrashed DFX2, and glad you approve, I agree about restarting and loosing sounds, lets hope some others, bugs have been fixed, although I've made good use of those red stars in the med, for other items.

Lets hope Spinney adds to this!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:23 AM
HappyGoLucky

MERMITE, if you are looking to make maps for DFX2, try this tool.

me and "BigJoe" made this tool.

http://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43847

it's not the best programing job (LOL) but it's great for what mappers need it for.

check out the environment viewer. it'll let you view the whole day cycle of each environment.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Bosnia is offline Bosnia

Good job guys....It really helps!!!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Spinney is offline Spinney

September 25th

It´s alright for you lot. Bloody thing doesn´t come out until September 25th. I´ll stay with my JO AW2 mod until that date
Old 10-04-2009, 05:55 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnia View Post
Yea I think that too.
But dfx2 is almost like dfx ,just some new sounds and terrains,maybe better graphic,
and that is all.....
And how I see people have very much problems with it,like problem with installation ,connecting to multiplayer etc.
jmho, but DFX2 was a rushed to market version of DFX.

I just hope no one bought this game that has no or slow internet access.

I still can't figure out why NOVALOGIC would direct a person to a website just install/activate a bought off the shelf piece of software ? If a person did not have access to the internet and bought this game, then they're SOL if they open the packaging !
Old 10-04-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
jmho, but DFX2 was a rushed to market version of DFX.

I just hope no one bought this game that has no or slow internet access.

I still can't figure out why NOVALOGIC would direct a person to a website just install/activate a bought off the shelf piece of software ? If a person did not have access to the internet and bought this game, then they're SOL if they open the packaging !
Well you can thank piracy for that. Is here any notification on the game box, that says internet required? There should be.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:54 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Well you can thank piracy for that. Is here any notification on the game box, that says internet required? There should be.
Dang those peg-legged patch wearing b**t**ds, lol !!!

I just believe NOVALOGIC over-compensated on the Piracy problem. There was other ways they could have prevented software piracy than making this an install/activate from an internet connection only installed game ! This was overkill ! And I hope no innocent buyer of this software was hurt by NOVALOGIC !

Once you open this software package, then it's yours ! Internet connection or not !

Last edited by dave61; 10-22-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
Dang those peg-legged patch wearing b**t**ds, lol !!!

I just believe NOVALOGIC over-compensated on the Piracy problem. There was other ways they could have prevented software piracy than making this an install/activate from an internet connection only installed game ! This was overkill ! And I hope no innocent buyer of this software was hurt by NOVALOGIC !

Once you open this software package, then it's yours ! Internet connection or not !
Strangely, you don't hear NOVALOGIC complaining !