Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 09-22-2003, 09:03 AM
FUÑÑY (*¿*) is offline FUÑÑY (*¿*)

Send a message via AIM to FUÑÑY (*¿*)
BORING

See you on the battlefield ... FACE down

Novahq.net GFX #9 SOTW WINNER
Assaulter.net SOTW 27 WINNER
Assaulter.net SOTW 32 WINNER
Old 09-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Mabakiel is offline Mabakiel

well it would be easier to report hackers/cheaters, but really, nova just dosent care anymore, if nova cared, they would have people monitoring the servers to kick cheaters...
Old 09-22-2003, 01:21 PM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

Cry what is the point ?

How exactly is this new rule going to stop cheating or help them to trace cheaters ?
They allready have your individual CD CODE and ACCOUNT NAME on record. If they just prevent more than 1 identical player names to be registered and controll how often you can change your name (eg. 60 days). It should be fairly simple to trace a player name to the owners account name and cd code and prevent them from loging in to novaworld.

The only thing this is going to do is pi## off allot of people.

It doesn't mater what characters are in a name, nova just has to prevent identical names and monitor there use.

p.s.
By the time nova has set everything up and everyone has created new names, there will be a new game out .
If you do try to inform Nova about any problems they will use there usual excuse of "unable to provide recorces for old games".

~Møü§E~ and always ~Møü§E~

Old 09-22-2003, 02:16 PM

Email about NAME CHANGE

Sending a petition with 1300 names is good but it is only 1 email, which can be deleted in a second.

If all 1300 send Nova emails, then they can't easily ignore it.

If all players send 1 email every week for the first month, 2 email's every week for the second month, 3 emails a week for the third month .....etc.....etc.....
Nova will have no choice but to deal with our request or there email service will suffer a meltdown.

It doesn't mater what characters are in a name, nova just has to prevent identical names and monitor there use.

~Møü§E~ and always ~Møü§E~

p.s.
"Power to the people"

Old 09-22-2003, 08:28 PM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
If they wanted to prevent cheats they could try actually banning their whole account not just the 1 username!
Old 09-23-2003, 07:05 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
We regret the inconvenience the new NovaWorld Player Naming Policy may have caused you. Be rest assured that we have not come to these policy changes lightly.

The new NovaWorld Player Naming Policy was launched to coincide with the launch of our new NovaWorld community site, a site that is dedicated to the support of the NovaWorld gaming community. The policy change was required so we could introduce new features, such as private player mail boxes and public posting forums. This is just the beginning of some of the new services we will be providing. In the months to follow there will be new features added to the community site that will address many of your reservations about the new Player Naming Policy.

In the mean time, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We hope you continue to enjoy playing on NovaWorld and using the new improved NovaWorld services to come.

Novalogic Technical Support, Mike
Novalogic Inc.
support@novalogic.com
Please quote all previous correspondence

I reply to NL asking they at lease tell us why they are doing this here is your asker on the rule update sorry but i did copy some of your posting and send it to them so they can see what is happing and to asker you back.

mainly i use JïmÐïr† so they can see it his post sum it all up.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 09-23-2003, 07:09 AM
Chief ADFP

P.s any one who like to see the full e-mail, i got from them. ask me i'll send it to you in Pm. it's really long.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:14 PM

Cry nova responce

I didn't see anything in that reply about dealing with or monitoring cheats, just about the new NovaWorld community site.

Old 09-24-2003, 01:21 AM
Chief ADFP

Nope it had no then to do with cheaters at all. the name chartars rule was update and change to work with NovaWorld.com's new private player mail boxes and public posting forums, for NovaWorld gaming community you can say they are redoing it all over alnew change over and a face left at same time.

by the way how do you tell some one they can't make something up or even close it down totally. be lucky Novalogic & Novaworld have not gone bullie up like some many other software companys have and web-site gone into hirstory.
No they are making even bigger by making it for the players to use, its going be apart of you even your sqauds can use NovaWorld is given you something new to use for you all to have free no cost at all, so you have to give something up way i see it only in NovaWorld server you can't use Hex name so adapt to it.

they call Infantry a "Jack of all trades".you know why ask anyone they tell you.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:33 AM
Chief ADFP

by the way there maybe something to it also think what about DF1,DF2 they are part of Novaworld could there be a update to it also something to thing about, to be part of NovaWorld gaming community. don't know but it would not shock me if they did something to these 2-game to work with this is site they are doing up.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:31 PM
–»Gh󚆫– is offline –»Gh󚆫–

Send a message via AIM to –»Gh󚆫– Send a message via Yahoo to –»Gh󚆫–
it is official nova suxs

Old 09-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
–»Gh󚆫–
by; it is official nova suxs
no they don't.

you think so, ok so buy another game have fun. i like the DF-Serials and all of Nova Games they have made. maybe you need to buy race car game of some type last.

i check there are over DF-Squad Name Listed: 1,219 Total, DF-Serials squads that has signup with them at this time and its growing. and members online at this time in their forum 127 players logged into the community
Old 09-26-2003, 08:20 AM
wolfgang
Unregistered

I agree with chief.
We have tom make a little sacrifice, but we get something good in return (the new community site).
And i must say that i'm impressed with the effort NL took to let you change your username.
The first time is logged in to the new community site, i was presented some clear dialogue screens informing me that i needed to change my username. Changing it was very easy, very "un-novalogic-like" really .
I'm glad they took this extra effort. Remember it could have been worse, they could have just deleted all the non conforming usernames, but they didn't so have piece with it.