Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-09-2002, 09:22 PM
(Old)
Unregistered

why? it's bound to happen and then i hink it will be one of those to to take americas place.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:47 AM
MrB50 is offline MrB50

Send a message via ICQ to MrB50
Australia does not have the power, economy or population to become the super power. They might try, but they'd probably get squashed.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
Bill Gates in 1981
Old 11-10-2002, 04:15 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I think if anyone is to take over the US's power it would be China. Never know what them people are up to. They are so quiet.

If I could pick any other place to live other then the us it would probably be Canada. I don't know why, but they just seem neutral and don't bother anyone. They just mind there own business.

Some people say the US isn't really a free country. I think there are a lot of things that make it not free, but then again we have a lot more freedom then most countries.

The Us does have superpower, but sometimes use it wrong. I think the US Gov. should leave people be and let them sort out there own problems. This is why so many people hate the US. Our Gov. is always sticking there noises in other countries business, trying to sort it out for them. I think that's wrong.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-10-2002, 07:23 PM
(Old)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MrB50
Australia does not have the power, economy or population to become the super power. They might try, but they'd probably get squashed.
maybe not at the moment but in the nest 50 years i;m sure we will have.

Somehow i don't think china will be, i think america would stop it if it happened they may not be in the axis of evil but i don't think america will want them becoming more powerful.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:29 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
* SAS = ownage *
Old 11-11-2002, 08:29 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

* SAS = ownage *
Old 11-11-2002, 10:39 AM
WiCkEd is offline WiCkEd

Send a message via ICQ to WiCkEd
This is a great topic to make many many enemies that were originally your FRIENDS,keep that in retrospect guyz and galz.Just be happy for what you are,what you have,who you are and most importantly what you can give back to the world as a whole...We all have our great sides and our bad sides,doesnt mean we have to compete in who loves and hates what!

Were all citizens in this great world we live in so why not make it the best and do what we can FOR eachother and not AGAINST.

Just my peace,yall have fun,i wont be back to this discussion no more....
Old 11-11-2002, 06:46 PM
(Old)
Unregistered

wicked noone takes this thread seriously (i hope) it's just a fun little battle, if i wanted to create havoc i'd bring up politics. I am happy with what i have (ok i want moe money but who dosent)
Old 11-11-2002, 09:03 PM
Pacman <|SC|> is offline Pacman <|SC|>

Send a message via ICQ to Pacman <|SC|> Send a message via AIM to Pacman <|SC|> Send a message via Yahoo to Pacman <|SC|>
Now I know why I registered to this site... You guys are nuts. I love it. As a Police Officer I see people everyday at thier worst. I come home and log on here and I see good people and good friends. Thank you for that. Stay Safe
Old 11-11-2002, 09:16 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacman &lt;|SC|&gt;
As a Police Officer
Not you again!!!

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Pacman <|SC|> is offline Pacman <|SC|>

Send a message via ICQ to Pacman <|SC|> Send a message via AIM to Pacman <|SC|> Send a message via Yahoo to Pacman <|SC|>
Found you !!! Youre pretty sneaky Panther. But I'll get you my pretty, and your little wolf too!!!
Old 11-16-2002, 11:30 PM
(Old)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
* SAS = ownage *
Ok i didn't want to have to do this, but you've forced me so i have no choice.

Fosters Beer is Aussie!!
Old 11-17-2002, 05:14 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

mmmmm Fooooooosters

was drinking that last night until i found out Kronenberg was on offer
Old 11-22-2002, 08:40 PM
Romeo Eight Jul is offline Romeo Eight Jul

Send a message via Yahoo to Romeo Eight Jul
First of all, GREAT thread, Blackbelt. Second of all, Mykill...

Quote:
Everyone knows CANADA is the greatest anyway so why squabble
LMAO...eh?

In my opinion, folks, Australia is the most wonderful place I've ever been. Bar none. As a Navy veteran, I've been to many different countries, and there's none I like better than AUS. China sucks. Singapore's nice, but no AUS. The United Arab Emirates is a big sandbox. One where you can't look at their women, drink alcohol, or eat pigs (mmm, bacon...). The Australian people are so friendly, it amazed me. The women there are like no other women on earth ( do you still call them "birds", BB? They did when I was there). I met up with two Aussie Sailors in Honolulu one night after a month-long taining exercise, and these two guys (who I had JUST MET) put up 1200$ for our bar tab. For the night. There were four of us total...do the math. The next morning hurt SO bad...In short, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm so patriotic, if I ever would have gone AWOL, it would have been in Melbourne Australia. American men, if you ever have the chance to go there, do so...the women LOVE us there. I'd tell you some stories, but since there's no age restriction in these forums, I'll just leave it up to you to wonder...

Um, BB? When I was there, I ordered a Foster's, and the bartender told me (no lie) that Foster's was Australian for Sh*t...
Old 11-22-2002, 10:45 PM
(Old)
Unregistered

when you cme to aus the are alot better beers than fosters but the poms seem to hae taken to it.

We call em chicks if thats what you mean.
Old 11-22-2002, 11:32 PM

Well, when I was there, in March of '97, I was talking with this guy who worked in a game shop there in Melbourne. He asked me, "How do you like the birds here?" "Huh?" was my reply (or something to that effect). So he says, "The chicks, man, the chicks!". "OHH...VERY nice!". At least I never made the mistake of calling them "Sheilas"...
Old 12-19-2002, 12:56 AM
sniper1000+m is offline sniper1000+m

Send a message via ICQ to sniper1000+m
hehehe

another aussie to the list...

bundy rum anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2002, 05:33 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
Heres another Fair'dinkum, true blue Proud Aussie

Quote:
* SAS = ownage *
You forgot the R

Quote:
Sports

Cricket
Your a brave pom to bring up cricket in a proud to be aussie thread lol

BB's Right - if our team all got shot we would still own yas - in fact we have lol, aussie A, our states- theres your read pwn4ge

Quote:
Don't worry about the military, they are just jealous they don't get an M-16a2 instead they get a moded version of the steyr AUG which they don't like, pity they put you off coming back
Ever played TFD? - Steyr owns!

Quote:
2. Yes we do all wrestle crocodiles, it's taught in 3rd grade as part of the swimming.
Yep, they even run day courses for adults - in case you forget. Is that what they are sentencing that tour guide from the NT to? - hehe their run by steve irwin, so it really is a punishment lol.

Hey what about Russell coight (spelling?) - hes not bad lol.

Yeh, thanks america for helping us in WW2.

Quote:
yes we should be a republic, a couple of years ago Howard (a monarchist) put a vote up on the issue but under a very crappy system so most people voted no because the system put forward was ridiculous.
Yeh I reckon - what a loser.

Quote:
If I could pick any other place to live other then the us it would probably be Canada. I don't know why, but they just seem neutral and don't bother anyone. They just mind there own business.
ever seen Canadian Bacon? lol - funny movie

Say I have a question - do you americans take offense to us calling you "Yanks" - coz we dont mean it as an offensive word, just some of you take it like an insult.
Also do you englishmen take offense to poms? coz we dont meant that offensively either lol - if we wanna offend you we will call you "Pommie B***ards" - even then it may only be in fun - or coz we are all drunk lol (heh some of the things they say at the ashes lol - funny stuff)
Old 12-19-2002, 06:32 AM

Ah, I personally don't take offense at being called a "Yank"...but then again, I don't see why anyone should take offense at being called a "Kraut" or a "Limey" or whatever. Yeah, you're right, Ice Cannon, Steyrs kick @$$, but I can't use one properly because I'm left-handed...and have never seen a left-handed model. Hmmm...all this talk of Australia makes me want to go again...sigh...Any of you guys who live in Melbourne remember the name of that horror-themed restaurant there? I forget the name, but it was a very cool place to eat at...I also got my second tatoo there in Melbourne, in the Queen Vistoria Market (is that right? Sorry, it's been 5 years since I was there.) area...I need a couple thousand bucks, so I can head back...
Old 12-19-2002, 06:42 AM
cR4zY is offline cR4zY

FACT: the light bulb was invented by Dr Tesla! (not by alva eddison!!)