Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:44 PM
SgtDylan is offline SgtDylan

NL wont use anything new for this. I expect the biuldings used in JO, weapon models used in dfx, etc. you, no teammates vs enemies. same old thing. chech my post in the future of DF section for my rant about this.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i think NL is like going to the flea market!! you take your chances on what you buy there, it maybe a good item and then it maybe a busted up old item the seller said it brand news but they lie to you to make a sell.

like buying a new Tv-Set at the flea market you can't tell till you plug it in see if it works any good or its totally broken.

i think it better wait see what other real gamers who paid for it to tell you and not going by ads they say its great ether could be a lie as will to make a sell pitch
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Yay, my Angel Falls wiki page I created is up top:

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en...el+falls&meta=
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-15-2008, 03:40 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
someone needs a life mister Chris

Old 08-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Chief ADFP

i see we are listed there in novalogic.com

link: http://www.novalogic.com/corp_fansites.asp
Old 08-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
aye the only site listed twice
Old 08-15-2008, 07:55 PM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
Yay, my Angel Falls wiki page I created is up top:

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en...el+falls&meta=
The images in the wiki are from a game they were going to release, DF:GOA or something like so. But caused a few problems with NL staff so 2 walked out by memory. Game had bugs and was just a re skin of the old game.. Game was scrapped and they moved into working on DF:FA again.

Well that was how it was told to me.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Chief ADFP

steve thats means we get double the hits lol
Old 08-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Ive noticed an issue here and that is recycling old parts from previous games, Now I know it looks that way but there are many differances you can not see in the game that tells a different story.

Now I have been working on a new mod for DFX and have looked at models from DF1 to DFX for ideas on how Nova made their models, I am not talking about what you see in the games, but a wireframe in a program used to make the models. DF1 and DF2 were clunky models with very little detail, both were a different structure from each other. DFLW and TFD used the same modeling as each other but heavy useage of seperate planes for inside walls and outside (TFD is DFLW modded anyway and contains many of the DFLW models with minor changes such as the reskin of the egypt tunnels). for BHD many buildings used the same plane made buildings, but Nova started adding a floor underneath the model to prevent seeing through it from underneath. BHD models were the first to have buildings and objects made from standard primitives as well. BHD .3di files are not the same as JO/DFX, they are structured differently, naming conventions are different, scaling is different. Like DFLW/TFD only JO/DFX have models that can be crossed over from one game to another without being converted or fully remade. yes remade! all the DF1 items in DFX are completly new for the game, they just look similar, same goes for each version in each new game.

now I posted that long paragraph because taking a model using a different format for structure and then making it all new for a newer game takes a lot more work than creating whole new items,

the reason Nova keeps doing this extra work is that each new game is familiar to the last. I love that they keep it familiar with familiar objects along with completly new. it is to me like playing DF1 with many updates, rather than learning a whole new game again with each new version. I await this new game with eager anticipation!

If yall want to see items Chrispy added to the new DFX mod we are working on, await for what should be better than DFX Special Ops. heres a forum that has ALL NEW items for public view: DFX Mod

As I stated I am waiting for Angel Falls and hope to get a chance to mod it.....

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 08-16-2008, 12:11 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Well thought out Jet
Old 08-16-2008, 01:24 AM

If you've seen how Nova have REALLY build/port their models and everything, you'll find it's harder than it really is, as JET said.

I've made a few models myself, and there's a lot to learn about it.

@ BLADE, DF:GOA? Further details and how ya got the info lol? Not doubting you, just curious.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-17-2008, 02:17 PM

Angel Falls Location

angel falls is in Venesuala, which has a dictator that puts the "mass" and "hysteria" in mass hysteria. the game will either be assinating him or taking control of his oil. i was hpoing that it wouldent be about stupid oil,
Old 08-17-2008, 02:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZZUdWTlPQ looks low graphics, JO engine, same old weapons, etc. [sigh] call of duty five is what im spending my money on, not AF. heck, a lunch would be a more effective use of my money.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:32 PM

How do you even know that's Angel Falls? NovaLogic said that was from an R&D which doesn't show what the game is or is about. They never said it was Angel Falls so you don't know...
Old 08-18-2008, 04:10 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
Quote:
Originally posted by SgtDylan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZZUdWTlPQ looks low graphics, JO engine, same old weapons, etc. [sigh] call of duty five is what im spending my money on, not AF. heck, a lunch would be a more effective use of my money.
hint: youtube videos are not a good source of solid information.

Those screenshots were leaked at the start of the year I think, maybe even last year.. and they only show new player models used in old environments, they are from research and development, THEY ARE NOT OFFICIALLY FROM ANGEL FALLS!!!!

why do people get so down on new novalogic games? why are you even here?
Old 08-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

or, as a wise man once said. Its not like Nova are gaming nazis or anything, they make the games, you play em or you dont, its that simple
Old 08-18-2008, 08:26 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Cannon
why do people get so down on new novalogic games? why are you even here?

Been wondering that my self for over a year now - seems to be more against novalogic then for it

I personally don't pay any attention to what any one is saying could or could not be angel falls, other then the info I posted because that came straight from a novaworld mod - granted he could have his info wrong - but still it came from novaworld/novalogic them selves.

I keep seeing all this other data floating around, but no one sites their sources.

I don't pay attention to the youtube videos because as was stated here, its not a good source of info. As far as we know, someone just filmed them selves playing in JO and said it was AF.

Novaworld mod stated that AF's graphics will be comparable to Crysis - so if a picture or video claiming to be AF is less then that - then to me its either an early early release, or its not AF.

Until some one states info from novalogic/novaworld them selves, or until I see a demo, every thing else is hear say/rumors and I don't pay attention to it.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Chief ADFP

i like to see TGI open soon! bigger and better a*sblaster killer fun

i did find this funny
DF2 NW-servers given notice they are still to going to move their servers over to a new site, dated Sept 08 2007 lmfao

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-18-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:20 PM

Didn't a moderator on the NovaWorld forums said they fixed the old server notice message in the DF2 lobby?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:12 PM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
Novaworld Down Time

Novaworld will be down from friday the 21st and back up prob Sunday the 24th of this month.

The servers will be down for upgrades and moving the game servers around.

As most we hope to see the DFAF Demo released on the reboot of the NW servers.