Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 12-23-2006, 10:00 AM
J0k3r is offline J0k3r

I have a problem

I used to have a a windows 98, worked really well in my gaming but I currently have an XP with my old monitor and I cant really see that well.. Does anyone know whats going on here??

Old 12-23-2006, 10:09 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
can you get a screen shot to show us what it looks like?

Or a better description as to what "cant see that well" means.

IcI
Old 12-23-2006, 11:28 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Perry please post something relevant... Don't spam or reply with something already been said...

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 12-23-2006, 12:23 PM
J0k3r is offline J0k3r

Re: I have a problem

Quote:
Originally posted by J0k3r
I used to have a a windows 98, worked really well in my gaming but I currently have an XP with my old monitor and I cant really see that well.. Does anyone know whats going on here??
In the game (DF2) I cant see people at the distance I used to. Now I basically have to use Bino's everywhere. Even then it's hard to view players.

Everything seems abit more blogey (SP?) whereas before It was much clearer.

(I snipe, so this is a big problem for me)

Old 12-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Chels is offline Chels

Maybe it is your graphics card?

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:48 PM
J0k3r is offline J0k3r

Quote:
Originally posted by the Kát™
Maybe it is your graphics card?
hmm That would mean XP is worse than Win 98.

Someone was saying I need to optimize to win 95...

Old 12-23-2006, 03:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
have you installed the drivers for your graphics card?
Old 12-23-2006, 03:37 PM
J0k3r is offline J0k3r

I havent done anything besides fool around with the gamma, contrast and bright settings... Im not a computer expert by any means.. So this kind of stuff is over my head..

Old 12-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Change your resolution in the game mate.

Open up DF2 > go to ''Options'' > and you can change your resolution from there. If you've got a small monitor, I'd prefer something below 800 x 600. If you've got something big, I'd do 800 x 600 or above (1024 x 768 being the highest).

Otherwise if that doesn't work get a new monitor.

But wait, post an SS first so we can be sure what it looks like. This can be done by pressing the F11 key on your keyboard. Then you should download the ''PCX Converter'' here:
http://www.novahq.net/?show=utilitie...et_file&id=318

When you take screenshots in the game, they're obviously .pcx files. You can't just open these up and whoopdeedoo lol. Once you install the PCX Converter locate the screenshot you took. The default directory it should be in is: C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force 2 and the screenshot should be SS0001.pcx (assuming it's your first SS). Using the PCX Converter, convert the picture and save it somewhere you can easily find it.

Once you have the picture converted, go to a site like www.imageshack.us and follow the instructions to put the image on the Net. Once you have uploaded the picture you will be given a link to paste on this forum. Copy that link and paste it in when you reply.

Hope this helps!

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Wow what a bunch of useless crap was just posted.

Bro,

You use to have Win98 now you have XP installed. You need to update all drivers for your system. Start with your graphics card like stated. Find out who makes it (usually Nvidia or ATI) go to there website. In search type in Drivers or locate the link for drivers. Find your driver, download and install. After that take note of anything else that isn't working like sound, etc and let us know.

The monitor is NOT going its simply the driver for the video card. Does the computer seem to run slow too? If so, I suggest more RAM which can be bought at a tech store such as Best Buy or Circuit City. If need help installing that we can tell you how. Also in the future, I would suggest a new computer if making the jump from a old OS to a new OS. Mind you, Windows Vista will be released on Jan. 30th 2007
Old 12-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
DF2 was never made to run on Windows Xp it that old type game.

to fix-it you have to do this.

get the short cut right click-on it (hold it down) till you see "Properities..." click-on that.

now up top you see "Compatibility" click-on that tab

look down the listing you see
[ ] Run this program in compatibility mod for:
put a check mark into the box and select Windows 98 / Windows Me.

then click-on apply down below and ok, use that shortcut always to play the game.
===========================================
don't be spamming the forum threads with quote from other thread or posting up junk posting..........not needed

if you don't have any helpful reply post to put up then don't post anything at all. people/members come here asking for help and not get put out from members getting a kickout of it.

people have real trouble and they looking for askers and a helping hand to get their system going right.

i am temped to ban some one soon i got that itch feeling
A SS do no good reason it taken it from the system and it will not look like what he is seeing on his monitor, try to get another monitor and go inside a building or tunnel see if it all blacken not lights if so the monitor gamma is gone bad left on to long.....Screen savers keep it good shape.

best way get another moniter see how it do, if you see great in all area then the you know it the older moniter you using is gone bad totally no fix for it then. there is one way a computer repair center it be cheaper then buying a new monitor in the long run
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-23-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
DF2 was never made to run on Windows Xp it that old type game.

to fix-it you have to do this.

get the short cut right click-on it (hold it down) till you see "Properities..." click-on that.

now up top you see "Compatibility" click-on that tab

look down the listing you see
[ ] Run this program in compatibility mod for:
put a check mark into the box and select Windows 98 / Windows Me.

then click-on apply down below and ok, use that shortcut always to play the game.
don't be spamming the forum threads with quote from other thread or posting up junk posting..........not needed

if you don't have any helpful reply post to put up then don't post anything at all. people/members come here asking for help and not get put out from members getting a kickout of it.

people have real trouble and they looking for askers and a helping hand to get their system going right.

i am temped to ban some one soon i got that itch feeling
A SS do no good reason it taken it from the system and it will not look like what he is seeing on his monitor, try to get another monitor and go inside a building or tunnel see if it all blacken not lights if so the monitor gamma is gone bad left on to long.....Screen savers keep it good shape.

best way get another moniter see how it do, if you see great in all area then the you know it the older moniter you using is gone bad totally no fix for it then. there is one way a computer repair center it be cheaper then buying a new monitor in the long run
Yeah, agreed with the monitor thing. I wasn't really sure but yeah, if it's the monitor, taking an SS won't really do the trick...

And damn I'm stupid lol, yeah, use the Compatibility Wizard. DF2 is fine on my comp but everyone's PC is different so I would try that.

And Erik, I don't give a stuff about how useless or how good my answers are. If you've got nothing good to say, don't bother coming here... We aren't brainiacs at everything, therefore we try to give good answers. You have no right to lower others here... regardless of the situation.

And I'll let Chiefy take over since he's the Evil Moderator lol.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i remove perry spam post it was not needed.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-24-2006, 07:57 AM

If you get an error when you run it in compatabilty mode, just hit ok, game still runs (assuming it is the one about shrinker.??? could not access page file).

I have DF2 and I don't run it in compatability mode... game ran fine in normal mode (well, graphics stink... trees and buildings show through the ground).

IcI