Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:25 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Gta Iv

Anyone have this yet? I was suffering from insomnia tonight so I went out to Wal-Mart at 3am to pick up some cleaning supplies and oil for my car and saw a poster saying they got GTA IV in. So I picked it up and so far it's pretty good, but I haven't really started any good missions yet. I won't be giving it a 10/10 like all the sites seem to be unless it starts picking up a bit.

I'm currently debating if I should get xbox live.. Anyone have any experience with the wireless connector for the xbox 360? I don't want to run a cord though the living room, I just managed to make everything else wireless...

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 04-29-2008, 06:40 AM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
having xbox live is gonna suddenly make you think the game already picked up

but i cant wait to get on tomorow and play it all night, me n my buds r gonna do free mode, supposedly the entire city of liberty city, without the sp missions. and were gonna do things like who can last the longest with 6 stars. have you read about this stuff on ign? cuz they already summed most of this stuff up

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 04-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

The adaptor works really well...I bought mine used, couldn't see paying $100

Old 04-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Is GTA 4 hitting the PC anytime soon anyway?
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-30-2008, 08:10 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Think once i start working im gonna go pick it up for the PS3

wait, it is out for the PS3 right lol

Old 04-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
it came out for both systems simultaneously.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

So i've been playing this game for two days now and I fail to see how this gets a 10/10 from nearly all the big review sites. Its not a crappy game by any means but it's no 10 star. An 8.5 at best.

It's getting kinda repeditive and the aiming system can really screw with you during intense gun fights. I often get all turned around using the cover system and end up getting shot in the back. The grahpics are not that good either, they are often blured or grainy. I see the same people and vehicles everywhere I go. Some reviews said it's the most interactive game ever, but there is not much I can find to interact with. The cops are also getting annoying, I can't shoot or beat up anyone on the steet without instantly getting attacked by a horde of cops with guns drawn even though my wanted level is only 2 stars.

I'll play it all the way though and probably keep it to play again but my jaw is still attached to my face. I wonder if someone got paid for the reviews......

Old 04-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
I agree Scott. The cheats aren't even cool either.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
People always get paid to bring good reviews...
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I think people just follow the bandwagon.. If the game had alot of hype (like GTA) then it is expected to get good reviews. This is apparent in the user reviews on GameSpot too... People must think if they don't rate a game what everyone else is rating it they will look like idiots... I'm not saying I am the holy grail of reviewing games but if I see these flaws others must also.. This game gives a perfect 10 a new meaning: Baa (<- Sheep noise).

Old 04-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
i hear that killzone had so much hype in it, look at its reviews.

but anyways i only put about 6 hours total into gta and with the exception of textures, its the most detailed game i have ever played. and there is just so much content i have yet to even look at. posters on the walls, radio commercials, and tv can intersect about the same subject.

but scott if u decide to get xbox live u can c my gamertag in my sig

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 05-04-2008, 11:39 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

i don't know .. i have it on ps3 and it's pretty bad ass ...

yea it's another GTA game .. but it's surely much better. yes, it's not completely interactive .. but in comparison to any other game .. other than maybe like SIMS .. it's pretty decent

all of the little things that you can do in the game are pretty cool. and they way they got it set up .. the game will never really end .. it has sooo many little side things you can do it's ridiculous. and I'm sure by the end of the game it'll be even more ridiculous

and online is fun as hell ... the ps3 has built-in wireless and it works great .. especially sense i have a n-band router

i was never a die-hard gta fan .. but right now it's probably one of my favorite games ...
Old 05-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Quote:
Originally posted by VooDoo-
i don't know .. i have it on ps3 and it's pretty bad ass ...

yea it's another GTA game .. but it's surely much better. yes, it's not completely interactive .. but in comparison to any other game .. other than maybe like SIMS .. it's pretty decent

all of the little things that you can do in the game are pretty cool. and they way they got it set up .. the game will never really end .. it has sooo many little side things you can do it's ridiculous. and I'm sure by the end of the game it'll be even more ridiculous

and online is fun as hell ... the ps3 has built-in wireless and it works great .. especially sense i have a n-band router

i was never a die-hard gta fan .. but right now it's probably one of my favorite games ...
Me to I have it on PS3 and and I cant get enough of it. Not the single player but the multi-player. Personally I think a lot of game companys should use the engine, to have the whole of liberty City with all sorts going on online, why do we put up with clostrofobic maps in other games where you turn and there is no escape Dead Again. One of my main reasons I loved DF games was because you could go anywhere for that alone GTA Gets A 10/10 for me, dare devile flying a heli down what would be Time Square is crazy, but I am just mad.

But My son has id and he lives a little over a mile away, and its good to send him an invite and go on driveby's making enemies that do thier best to get thier revenge. also I have only tried turf wars and free roam. there are 25 different game modes to play. even with just 5 players in a game it can get really exiting, as you can chose if you spawn close so you get a real shootout feel, and you need to get a car to get away in one piece.

On the PS3 Call of Duty got 10/10 I think and GTA offers a lot more I think.

man Sorry about all the typing but hey I dont get here as often As I used to......he he he
Old 06-26-2008, 07:18 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Haven't played it online much.
The more I play it the more I like it I think, Graphics wise I kind of agree with Scott about the grainyness but stuff like the road surfaces and different environments are exactly what has been missing from these games for a while.
I still think I prefer the Saints Row route of total customisation of vehicles and yourself.
I don't see the point in making money if you can't really spend it,
In Saints you could buy a car, bling it up. HAve some plastic surgery, buy some pants, get a tattoo, a nice new hat.

It's a step in the right direction is this GTA IV.
Question though. Why have one pool hall in the entire city and loads and loads of car washes?

I get the distinct impression this game is incomplete from the envisioned article.
Still there are promises of add - ons so maybe some of those suspiciously large buildings and areas that conribute nothing to the game will suddenly become useful.

Not enough vehicle types.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

The game was pretty good from start to finish but I still stand by my rating of 8.5. After completing the game there is not really anything to do other then roam around and cause trouble. I have a ton of money and nothing to spend it on. I haven't played it since I completed the main story and played multiplayer a few times.

GTA Race (multiplayer) was really fun though. I had alot of good laughs with that.

If you liked GTA IV try playing The Godfather. That's a really good game too even though it's lacking in the graphics department.

I'm really looking forward to Saints Row II even though I never played the first. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34872.html

Old 06-30-2008, 01:34 PM
sinner300 is offline sinner300

Biggrin GTA IV

I have found there are some very anti-simitist part's like the police randomly killing and pulling over (arresting) jews in full jewis dress!!!!
****ing nazi's!!![SIZE=3]I have found there are some very anti-simitist part's like the police randomly killing and pulling over (arresting) jews in full jewis dress!!!!