Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-25-2020, 05:48 AM
TrSniper is offline TrSniper

Need help BIN EDITOR

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me. I can't use the bineditor for BHDTS anymore. It doesn't matter from what platform/website I download it, at the moment I press install I get an error message saying; System error &H80004023 (-2147467229). An error occured with microsoft software installer.
I've translated the last sentence from dutch to english. I use windows 10 by the way.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:09 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Have you tried this link? It should not need to be installed. Just extracted and ran.

https://novahq.net/files.php?ID=197

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-26-2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Have you tried this link? It should not need to be installed. Just extracted and ran.

https://novahq.net/files.php?ID=197
Yes, I've tried this link also now, extracted the files and ran the BIN editor but the same error pops up again.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:00 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrSniper View Post
Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me. I can't use the bineditor for BHDTS anymore. It doesn't matter from what platform/website I download it, at the moment I press install I get an error message saying; System error &H80004023 (-2147467229). An error occured with microsoft software installer.
I've translated the last sentence from dutch to english. I use windows 10 by the way.
Hi there... not a good problem to have.. sorry to hear it.

It's a common problem with legacy software - the most likely cause in the first instance is the installer entry point does not exist, or dlls are not registering or not there.

Try getting hold of a copy of the program that's already been installed and working on another machine.

Copy it to the same path as the original was installed to - then make a shortcut and run the exe from the root folder.

Note.
I've also fixed legacy issues in the past by dumping the missing dlls into the root folder of the program
Old 11-29-2020, 01:04 AM

Hi

Now working on a self contained standalone version of all the basic tools needed to edit delta force.

It may take a few weeks.

Stomps
Old 11-29-2020, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Another old issue with legacy apps was the VirtualStore.

So it may have something to do with AppData Local VirtualStore where windows generates compatibilty files

Last edited by Guest001; 11-29-2020 at 03:55 AM. Reason: glitch
Old 11-29-2020, 03:57 AM

BTW You can use the Bin2Txt - Txt2Bin tool for Bin files.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:29 AM

Quote:
I once had a corrupt variables.ini file, it had become encrypted or corrupted somehow - maybe check it's human readable and not in encrypted or jibberish form
Old 11-30-2020, 08:02 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

TrSniper: I updated the link in the downloads with a file that includes the OCX controls for the BIN editor. https://novahq.net/files.php?ID=197

That should possibly help with the error messages.

Another thing that may help solve some issues with running older software that was made in Visual Basic (which was a lot of old DF software) is installing the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...n.aspx?id=7030

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 11-30-2020, 09:36 AM

HELLO STOMPEM AND SCOTT,

So many messages left I cannot follow Thank you both for helping. I will try the link again you've sended Scott, probably by the end of the week and I will let you know if the issue continues.

Stompem, thank you for all the info. I don't have another machine that has the editor already installed, maybe you guys have one to share?
Old 11-30-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
HELLO STOMPEM AND SCOTT,

So many messages left I cannot follow Thank you both for helping. I will try the link again you've sended Scott, probably by the end of the week and I will let you know if the issue continues.

Stompem, thank you for all the info. I don't have another machine that has the editor already installed, maybe you guys have one to share?
Hi there thanks for the thanks but I reckon Scott definitely has the right answer for you there.

My suggestion was a bit on the amateurish side and not the best fix.

Good Luck
Old 12-01-2020, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Hi there thanks for the thanks but I reckon Scott definitely has the right answer for you there.

My suggestion was a bit on the amateurish side and not the best fix.

Good Luck
Doesn't matter, I appreciate it alot! Thank you for your help.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
TrSniper: I updated the link in the downloads with a file that includes the OCX controls for the BIN editor. https://novahq.net/files.php?ID=197

That should possibly help with the error messages.

Another thing that may help solve some issues with running older software that was made in Visual Basic (which was a lot of old DF software) is installing the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...n.aspx?id=7030
I've downloaded it and copied the items into my game folder and it worked Thx alot!
Old 01-03-2021, 05:20 AM
KszychU is offline KszychU

Hello!

I have different problem with BIN Editor v1.04 with DF2.
I want to make my own mission but I don't get the logic and triggers so I'm looking for original missions from DF2 to examine them. I think they are in DF2MIS.bin. Am I right? Anyway I can't open half of *BIN archives. I used PFF Extractor on Df2.pff to get *BINs from there. After tests it's looking like that:

CREDITS.bin =Run-time error '6': Overflow
DF2.bin =Run-time error '6': Overflow
DF2BRIEF.bin =OPENED
DF2ERROR.bin =OPENED
DF2GAME.bin =OPENED
DF2ITEMS.bin =OPENED
DF2MIS.bin =Run-time error '6': Overflow
DF2MUSIC.bin =File isn't in the correct format! Nothing will be loaded!
DF2WPN.bin =OPENED
DFDLGCO.bin =Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range
DFDLGCS.bin =Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range
DFDLGKW.bin =Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range
DFDLGSM.bin =Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range
TEXT.bin =OPENED

And the archive from game catalog:
CC.bin =File isn't in the correct format! Nothing will be loaded!