Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-05-2021, 10:20 AM
Maverick_Y is offline Maverick_Y

RollEyes HP of bots

Does anyone knows how to change the hitpoint of bots?
Old 05-05-2021, 03:14 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

For single player purposes ONLY:

Modding/editing the hparmdta.csv is possible but difficult. Modding/editing the items.def is possible and less difficult. Writing up a .wac file for the mission and adding actions like ssnhp(SSN,HP) or grouphp(Group,HP) to an event is a quick fix.

Do not use altered game files in MP games! Pack a mod .pff and distribute it to players you want for testing if you must, 'cause everyone in a server should be playing the same mod.

Adjusting AIs HP with a .wac works for the host of a serve and play, but I cannot confirm that .wac adjusted HP for AIs will work for clients joining a server.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
For single player purposes ONLY:

Modding/editing the hparmdta.csv is possible but difficult. Modding/editing the items.def is possible and less difficult. Writing up a .wac file for the mission and adding actions like ssnhp(SSN,HP) or grouphp(Group,HP) to an event is a quick fix.

Do not use altered game files in MP games! Pack a mod .pff and distribute it to players you want for testing if you must, 'cause everyone in a server should be playing the same mod.

Adjusting AIs HP with a .wac works for the host of a serve and play, but I cannot confirm that .wac adjusted HP for AIs will work for clients joining a server.
WAC command SSNHP doesn't work in BHD.
Do you know how to edit items.def or hparmdta.csv? I extract it from PFF and open it with notepad but cannot read
Old 05-09-2021, 03:24 PM

So I have this one test mission with an RPG guy, SSN 43. I start the mission, I hit him with one CAR15 round, he dies. Pause the mission, alt-tab to open the .wac file, add this:

Code:
if never then
ssnhp 43 5100
endif
Save the .wac, alt-tab back into the mission, unpause, press ESC, press R, then I go on to unload three and a half thirty round magazines into SSN 43 before he dies.

So the code works. I suspect you're not using the /d tag.

I guess you also need to put a bit of DeScr on the hparmdta.csv and the ITEMS.def:

https://novahq.net/files.php?ID=334

After they're decrypted, you can edit them in notepad.exe.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
So I have this one test mission with an RPG guy, SSN 43. I start the mission, I hit him with one CAR15 round, he dies. Pause the mission, alt-tab to open the .wac file, add this:

Code:
if never then
ssnhp 43 5100
endif
Save the .wac, alt-tab back into the mission, unpause, press ESC, press R, then I go on to unload three and a half thirty round magazines into SSN 43 before he dies.

So the code works. I suspect you're not using the /d tag.

I guess you also need to put a bit of DeScr on the hparmdta.csv and the ITEMS.def:

https://novahq.net/files.php?ID=334

After they're decrypted, you can edit them in notepad.exe.

I use DFX2 style ssnhp ssnhp(ssnId, hp) and game crashes, now I know what should I do
Thank you Baldo_the_Don
Old 05-13-2021, 10:17 AM

Hey mate,
I replace a new item.def to localres.pff and change all enemy HP to 100 (origin 2), but when testing in game, the enemy is still killed in one shot. Is there anything wrong? Do I need to compile it or do anything else?
Old 05-13-2021, 02:40 PM

It's a bad idea to alter original game .pffs 'cause if you join any server, the alterations will be detected and you'll get kicked for sure, and possibly autobanned.

If you use a .pff tool, it's my preferred method to open the .pff, delete the file you mean to replace, close the .pff tool, reopen the .pff tool, reopen the .pff, then add the new file.

You don't need to reencrypt the new items.def. Well, not for DBHDTS 1.5.0.5, at least.

And for testing, you don't have to pack it into the .pff, just drop the items.def into the game folder and make sure you start the game with the /d tag. And always run any .exe for this game (the game, the installers, the updates, the mod installers, the pack.exe) as administrator. Executables without admin rights will have altered files (edited maps, mods, the dfv.cfg, the dfvplr.sav) shunted to a folder in the C:>Users>YOURNAME>AppData>Local>VirtualStore directory, and the game cannot access those files in that folder.

Reiterating the warning: Do not join multiplayer games with altered files in your game. Hosting a LAN serve and play is perfectly safe. I cannot confirm that hosting an online serve and play is safe, though.
Old 05-15-2021, 06:47 AM

Quote:
It's a bad idea to alter original game .pffs 'cause if you join any server, the alterations will be detected and you'll get kicked for sure, and possibly autobanned.

If you use a .pff tool, it's my preferred method to open the .pff, delete the file you mean to replace, close the .pff tool, reopen the .pff tool, reopen the .pff, then add the new file.

You don't need to reencrypt the new items.def. Well, not for DBHDTS 1.5.0.5, at least.

And for testing, you don't have to pack it into the .pff, just drop the items.def into the game folder and make sure you start the game with the /d tag. And always run any .exe for this game (the game, the installers, the updates, the mod installers, the pack.exe) as administrator. Executables without admin rights will have altered files (edited maps, mods, the dfv.cfg, the dfvplr.sav) shunted to a folder in the C:>Users>YOURNAME>AppData>Local>VirtualStore directory, and the game cannot access those files in that folder.

Reiterating the warning: Do not join multiplayer games with altered files in your game. Hosting a LAN serve and play is perfectly safe. I cannot confirm that hosting an online serve and play is safe, though.

sadly, only puting item.def in game folder doesn't work... (testing with stream version)

This is my new items.def, could you please test it with your game? I change every charater with HP2 to HP100
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cN-...ew?usp=sharing
Old 05-21-2021, 02:53 PM

I tried the items.def out. It seems to work.

Though I have to say: my experience with 100 hp AIs in SP is a lot of late mission ammo shortages, but when you throw a single shot at that guy way over there, and he goes down, you know it was a headshot, and that makes me awful smiley for a while.

See the attachment to check out what I did today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TIO_Audio_Controls.jpg (1.13 MB, 11 views)
Old 05-24-2021, 10:06 AM

Wink

Quote:
I tried the items.def out. It seems to work.

Though I have to say: my experience with 100 hp AIs in SP is a lot of late mission ammo shortages, but when you throw a single shot at that guy way over there, and he goes down, you know it was a headshot, and that makes me awful smiley for a while.

See the attachment to check out what I did today.
Thanks again mate.
Today I find an amazing thing: My item.def work with all TS items and don't work on all BHD items! There must be another file like this override the settings. I'm trying to find it out