Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

View Poll Results: how you like it!
poor 5 22.73%
fair 6 27.27%
good 7 31.82%
great 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2009, 11:21 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Well that's all it is, just a pretty much better version of DFX. That's exactly what people got, and I reckon a lot of people probably got pissed off because they made a silly assumption or heard a rumour.

And don't talk to me about feeling!

LOL!

Well I remember a few of us asked Nova on Novaworld1 to do a remake of DFX and make it better and fix some bugs. It sounds to me like we just got what we were asking for.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Deadman1968 is offline Deadman1968

Well I bought it to see if would play similar to BHD, which it does. I do like the vehicles that offer spawning, as for much else, When I bought DFX2 I didn't own the original DFX. So I went out and bought that one this week for comparison, a few days into it, and I see what's been discussed here, version 2 doesn offer a few more perks over the original, but is essentially the same game, updated a bit, but not much more then that. It's playable and will hopefully keep me busy till the real deal comes out...Angel Falls, which by the way, to veer off just a bit, I read somewheres that AF's release was pushed back till the first quarter of 2010??? Distributors are still showing it's release as July this year? Anyone heard anything about it lately? I assumed there was going to be a beta release as I saw that posted from one the AF team members. If the 2009 release date is still valid, then somebody better lite a fire under their nova butts to get the beta out pretty damn soon...lol.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman1968 View Post
Well I bought it to see if would play similar to BHD, which it does. I do like the vehicles that offer spawning, as for much else, When I bought DFX2 I didn't own the original DFX. So I went out and bought that one this week for comparison, a few days into it, and I see what's been discussed here, version 2 doesn offer a few more perks over the original, but is essentially the same game, updated a bit, but not much more then that. It's playable and will hopefully keep me busy till the real deal comes out...Angel Falls, which by the way, to veer off just a bit, I read somewheres that AF's release was pushed back till the first quarter of 2010??? Distributors are still showing it's release as July this year? Anyone heard anything about it lately? I assumed there was going to be a beta release as I saw that posted from one the AF team members. If the 2009 release date is still valid, then somebody better lite a fire under their nova butts to get the beta out pretty damn soon...lol.
im beating a dead horse by joking about nova being nova but....

aw thats just Nova bein Nova

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 07-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Cmoore is offline Cmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by icishoot View Post
they said it was going to be a game with game play similar to BHD
If only that was true ! There isn't anything BHD like except they imported some of the bhd objects.

While I would agree the game is not horrible.. its not great either.

Still has some dumb unrealistic physics, horrible graphical glitches, and anything but "extreme" game play.

Lack of decent map / level designers for Nova doesn't help matters either. Though to appease the huge number of map complaints they have announced they will port over 5 JO and 5 BHD maps. What a workaround huh ?!

DFX sequel ? You also have to wonder why on earth would they choose one of their lesser popular titles to make a sequel for ? I liked DFX for the first several months it came out and I played it... but I went back to BHD. One of the reasons why was because there would be a several hundred playing DFX but BHD still had several thousand playing at that time. Now when I go to play DFX2.. guess how many people are logged in playing ? A good night.. maybe 100 ish.. a regular night.. 50-70 !

Which brings me to marketing.. as with all Nova "projects" DFX2 kinda snuck up on most. The near non-existent marketing of it carried over to the release. When DFX2 was released it went to Best Buy stores only ! How on earth can you expect decent sales when its only shipped to Best Buy !? No Walmart or Targets ! I prefer Best Buy myself but if you want your game out there.. you better sell it at a Walmart. Granted they did offer the game for digital download at various online stores.. and now they brought in Steam.. which was a near disaster with NovaWorld2 being down at the time of the Steam release. Digital downloading and Best Buys though alone is not enough ! I can see only one reason for this.. duplication, shipping, and packaging cost !!

So what really is different here ? Slightly better DFX graphics, Game Play = DFX , Terrains = previous games, objects and items = BHD, JO, DFX.
Its clear not much orginal work was done here. Thats not to say its not at times a fun game. The ability to use Nile and med editor to make your own custom maps.. will extend its possibilities even further.

I think once BMT3 is out and an updated stat app for it.. combined with custom maps.. it will hold me over to AF or Op Flash 2 . But.. you really have to wonder about this project. I believe this game and the anniv pack release is a resource grab for AF. I think if this fails miserably (which is close to doing)... its the end of AF and the final nail in the coffin for NL. Probably why they brought Steam sort of on board for selling their titles.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:17 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

I doubt very much if this DFX2 will save Novalogic from the money lenders,
same game motor as JOE, same .PCX's as DFX but revamped.
It is one way for the art dept to clear out all the 'old' DFX before launching DFAF
So it's been about a week DFX2's been installed on my harddrive, and I'm having the same hassles with DFX2 as with JOTR.

1: No single shot on the M16
2: Once you've tossed the satchel charge I can't get to the DETONATOR, it's lockedout
3: Throw a frag grenade and it's very difficult to get back to your main weapon

But as Skinny above says it does have it's good points, I like the manual chute opening
and the terrains, but again little flat areas, but above all I was hoping for some improvement with the AI.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
do the dirt bike still glitch when it lays on its side and spin around none stop?

i hate that reason i step off the dirt bike some times it would flip on it side beside jump off it before it go over a cliff side. i would love to walk up to it and set it on its stand to use again like a real dirt bike

a Mech-tech (grease monkey) to work on the dirty bike, truck, hummer....ect
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Use your left/right lean buttons on the bike to pitch it so you don't fall off when going down. :P
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 07-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Sam is offline Sam
Nobody loves me

good one Cheif!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:21 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

When I find some time I'll flip 'COOK ON A BIKE' to DFX2 and let you know
I do agree with your post those Yamaha's do spin, and with fallen HP's they ATTRACT the red choppers (trigger).
But William, JOEsc, do have ADVANCED bike manouvers, but I havn't looked into that yet, just on that alone JOEsc wins hands down
Old 07-05-2009, 05:14 PM
MSgt.Dylan is offline MSgt.Dylan
Person

When I played the beta, and saw that headshots with my M24 didnt kill, I swore off of Nova until AF.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:11 PM
cjbrodey is offline cjbrodey

Well, after having nothing to do with anything nova for over a year..I DL'd the DFX2 demo.
I found not a whole lot of differences actually, but as I played it, alot of really good memories of good times, with good friends came to mind. And there were many.

Regardless of whether it is this, or it is that, it is still fun to play. I played some other games during my hiatus, some had better graphics etc, but it felt good to be back to playing Nova games again.

My hats off to those that not only improved the game, but also kept the integrity alive by not changing too many things. They didnt set out to make it a COD4, they decided to keep it the same, somewhat, with room for modders and map makers to be able to show there talents as well.....
I am downloading the full DFX2 at the moment and cant wait to join some servers. Sounds like the maped is killer too.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Chief ADFP

will seem its more avg game
Old 08-09-2009, 03:22 PM
6Carbon3 is offline 6Carbon3

Give Delta Force (Nova Logic) a break. They have come a long way and now they have competition, which means, it will only get better.

I have confidence it will only get better and people will come back, all this new excitement will finally settle into a real game once again, hopefully AF. DF has always been more user friendly and I believe better game play for squads and such. And no stupid air strikes.

Give it time, and in the mean time, have fun.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbrodey View Post
Well, after having nothing to do with anything nova for over a year..I DL'd the DFX2 demo.
I found not a whole lot of differences actually, but as I played it, alot of really good memories of good times, with good friends came to mind. And there were many.
Yes, there are many, all the way back to DF 2 for me.

Quote:
Regardless of whether it is this, or it is that, it is still fun to play. I played some other games during my hiatus, some had better graphics etc, but it felt good to be back to playing Nova games again.
I agree, same here.

Quote:
My hats off to those that not only improved the game, but also kept the integrity alive by not changing too many things. They didnt set out to make it a COD4, they decided to keep it the same, somewhat, with room for modders and map makers to be able to show there talents as well.....
I am downloading the full DFX2 at the moment and cant wait to join some servers. Sounds like the maped is killer too.
Yes, like i said it is user friendly, it is a game where friends can get together and actually have fun, and when your sniping you don't have to worry about getting attacked by helli's or dogs and such.

I'm looking forward to the new one also AF, and to get back to the way it should be.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Carbon3 View Post
Yes, there are many, all the way back to DF 2 for me.

I agree, same here.

Yes, like i said it is user friendly, it is a game where friends can get together and actually have fun, and when your sniping you don't have to worry about getting attacked by helli's or dogs and such.

I'm looking forward to the new one also AF, and to get back to the way it should be.
you know i think it be cool! if there was some small animals in it like wild fox, snakes, fish. i would skip the gator bet its been done same for fish. but some single snake sneaking around in the low grass area be sweet
Old 08-09-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
you know i think it be cool! if there was some small animals in it like wild fox, snakes, fish. i would skip the gator bet its been done same for fish. but some single snake sneaking around in the low grass area be sweet
Yea, that would be pretty cool Do you remember DF2, they had penguins. Nice little extra.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
William are you on a squad?
Old 08-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Chief ADFP

don't ask! i'll tell you no lie
Old 08-27-2009, 10:57 PM
DD-Huntor is offline DD-Huntor

I think once the BO Mod is released for DFX2 it will greatly improve game play and will have a jump on how many play it. Overall the DFX2 game isnt bad, but when your used to being a sniper and have a good idea of what limitations are of other games. Well it kills the game totally. After all in any shooter. 20 percent is graphics and 80 percent game play. Yes that includes eye candy games like cod4 and FC2. Very pretty games but if they dont play well its a pretty game sitting in a box and not on my machine.

Just like DFX. Overall an okay game. But well forgotten by itself. You add the SO mod and alright this is a game. There just two different things.

I do agree hopefully the new game will be setup more realistic instead of sniping someone out as far as a sniper can shoot accuratly with an M4.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:56 AM
Stwa is offline Stwa

Hi,

I know the thread is old, but I wanted to reply because I got DFX and DFX2 in a bundle last Christmas.

I am pretty sure Nova is toast, but I thought I could get a few years out of these titles.

I wanted to agree with the poster above that DFX2 is like a mod, in that it includes stuff from previous Nova games, and that makes it fun to mod as well.

I wanted to mod the single player stuff, using only the objects included in DFX2. I redid the story line of the orignal campaigns, did away with the "new" voices, changing wacs and bins, etc. Anyway, its easy, and a lot of fun. Oh, and I fleshed out the older DFX campaigns, with the missing content.

I just love missions where you wade through a ton of bad guys that can't hit the broadside of a barn.