Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:21 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Biggest mistakes of your life?

heres mine..

1.Start smoking (i was 12, now 15 (16 in april, still am..)
2.Going out with selina
3.Buying a £2100 pc, from my cousin (I could have used £2100 for something else..)
4.Going out with selina
5.Almost get arrested
6.Going out with selina
7.Having sex before marriage (im not a religeous person, but my whole family is, and you can imagine how they took it..

did i mention, going out with selina? (what a pain in the ) lol

yours? theres a few more that were big mistakes, but i feel like they are abit to personal to share here
Old 01-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Not being a lifer in the Marine Corps. Seems the last 9 years I've been supporting the Army, lmao!! Who knows!!

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 01-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
ok where to start..

1. Probably telling my parents and my brother a couple times i hate them, they start to believe it.

2. Being addicted a computer...

3. Not being an optomistic person, and always think things are out to get me, hard to explain.

4. Going out with my last girl friend, and breaking up with the one before that one.

5. Calling the principal at my school a ugh never mind to her face, shes black you get the point.

6. Getting arrested once for something gay.

and thats about it

oh yea, and the time i stuck a 150 pound construction tire in the side of the mustang and it cost over 5000 dollars to fix it, i guess thats what happens when it tears off the door.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

my whole life has been a series of big mistakes.
not doing the best in school.
letting a girl that kindof liked me and i thought was hot get away.
eating wild plants without cooking them 1st and ending up not really being able to eat for a month and almost dying.
acting dumb on a wet road and fliping my uncles truck at 65mph.
losing my financial aid for collage fer not going for a week.
eating at midnigh and gaining 35lbs, lol.
getting into fights all thru school and getting set to alternative school 15times.
not buckling down and getting put into special education so i never really had the normal classes so now i suck at math.
squandering my inhearitance and ending up with nothing in the bank.

this is just a few there are like 100 more, and i still kick myself for some of them.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Erik is offline Erik

1. Almost losing Megan
2. Dating Sara
3. Dating Sara

Dating sara was a mistake...and Megan hates her for it.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Se7eN is offline Se7eN

Send a message via AIM to Se7eN
taking life for granted...

^ i cant spell... bower should be bauer... hell with it...

Originally posted by blueprint
If you weren't so great in bed I'd have to say that's ripping.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:20 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

1. Voting for any politician because they are all corrupt liars, (That's being very cynical but it's the way I feel).

2. Not being kinder to people and understanding their needs more.

3. Taking an oath of allegiance to a "monarch" I never believed in.

4. Causing another human being harm either by neglect or intent even when the decison was not mine to make. ( A soldiers lot I suppose).

5. Not listening to those who were wiser, (when I was a fool hardy young man) and then paying the cosequences of my actions as a result.

There are no doubt more mistakes in all our lives, certainly in mine but for now these five will do.

Regards
Old 01-03-2006, 05:14 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

Quote:
Originally posted by BB/Mike*MFA*
BD, if you ever get the free time, go to westminster for the day and watch a session of parliament, lord or commons and youll come out with a completely different perspective. Politicians acting like idiots are largely the fault of the media who take a bit of a snippet from question time, hence question time has degreaded into a slanging match. The minute or two just after question time is always amusing...

I remember the first time i went to watch state parliament, i was 8 and was very very cynical about the whole system, i watched one day of the green and one of the red and, as much as they are fun to make fun of, had a certain respect for politicans and the work they carry, ive since had many opportunities to view the inner working of parliament and governments and this has only strenthened my view...
I actually have been to parliament on a number of occasions mate and I've seen nothing to disabuse me of my very cynical opinion of politicians in general. However I do realise that we put these people where they are and give them the power that holds sway over our lives and they, the politicains that is, are only human but they have a very great responsibilty and most of them seem not ot give a damn about the people whom they are supposed to represent.

As a civil servant I saw the statements made by politicians on subjects such as "full" employment and saw the reality as an Employment Advisor which bore no resemblance to the reality of the situation.

I am seldom swayed by the piffle put out by the media, (the BBC in particular and most newspapers as they never seem to let the truth get in the way of a good story), about politicians.

I was a member of a political party in my younger and more innocent days and saw the inner workings a local party group which is where I saw through the lies and saw the absolutely cynical way people were treated by local councillors so I left that party and never joined another.

In fairness I do believe that many younger politicians set out to "change" the world for the better but along the way they become corrupted by the political process they themselves seek to change.

In the words of Winston Churchill, (and here I'm not quoting verbatim), "democracy is not a very efficient form of goverment but it's the best system we have for now"

Warm Regards to you
Old 01-03-2006, 06:51 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
heres some of mine:

1.) Playing Baseball
2.) Playing Baseball
3.) Playing Baseball
4.) Playing Baseball
5.) Quiting Baseball, OOPS wrong category...

ShArP

Old 01-03-2006, 09:58 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

cant say i have any majoy regrets in my life, coz all my mistakes have helped me to learn about life, so theres a possitive side to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 01-03-2006, 10:02 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Klu7ch ™
cant say i have any majoy regrets in my life, coz all my mistakes have helped me to learn about life, so theres a possitive side to them.
I think that's a great way to look at life bro!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 01-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Webviper2006 is offline Webviper2006

Why the hell you need to smoke? Smoking! Oh my god you got to stop!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:29 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

dude, there are many problems that lead people to smoke and they cant help it. it helps them escape from things (i think, never been through it myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 01-03-2006, 11:40 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by Webviper2006
Why the hell you need to smoke? Smoking! Oh my god you got to stop!
the problem with smoking is that nicotine is addictive (means your body cant survive without it, well it can but your brain tells you different)

read here about it http://health.howstuffworks.com/nicotine.htm

i cant actually remember how i started smoking or why, but i regret it since i started i have stopped twice, but only to start again (i didnt stop for long..)

dont start smoking, you will regret it when you try to quit, and also it turns expensive

im not a heavy smoker, maybe once, or twice a day

edit..

also it doesnt help whenever your girlfriend is also a smoker (she smokes quite abit) so whenever im with her i tend to have one with her..
Old 01-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Chels is offline Chels

1.Dating Gavrie
2.Dating Sergey
3. Dating Brett
4. leaving Tennis(I am back now tho lol)
5. Drinking and doing what my biological dad told me to instead of telling the cops.(later on told my mom about it and she divorced him)
6. "Punching" someone in the clubs and getting arrested for it.

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:54 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
holy ****...

pixie means business for #6...

ShArP

Old 01-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

hmmm....a toughy.

I remember once when i almost had my first smoke...during some school thing all the smokers were on the oval in the darkest of nights so i went down and one of em goes 'u wanna drag?' so i said 'yeah'. then before they handed one to me, some teacher came roaring down and we all scattered. I dove into this huge patch of shadow and watched the fools walk right past me. Hahaha!

Well that brings one up...being single all my bloody life! Its just so......i dont know....

what else. ...

Not getting a drivers lisence or a job when all my mates were. It sucks being 17 without a car...well actually i do have a car, only i dont know how to use it...now its gonna take me 2 years to learn! DAMN IT!!
Old 01-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Northern Jedi is offline Northern Jedi
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Northern Jedi
[1] being a computer geek ever sence i got the PC a year ago
[2]being soo open about a friend i meat on the internet(shes also 13 the parents are going to enjoy it)

but the most inportend of all

going to my grave with my Keybourd and pressing Delete or Enter
Old 01-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Northern Jedi is offline Northern Jedi
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Northern Jedi
by the way where Gf n Bf and she knew i loved her anyway Soo still im a computer geek...
Old 01-04-2006, 04:15 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

i have no clue where to start ...

well .. i beat the sht out of this one punk in a class room (not a good place to do it) and got suspended for a week .. was it worth it? no ... but i did make him have to eat thru a straw for 6 weeks though ..

and crashing my gocart when i was like .. 9 ..now i got a scar on my eyebrow .. i feel really dumb when i think about it .. long story short i mixed up the pedals ..

lol i know i have so many but i can't even think of one...