Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

DFX2 Single mission map AI

Whats with this thing? Am I imagining things or do the rules change every time I reset or change an event or WAC command? Sorting one problem seems to create another
Old 05-06-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Whats with this thing? Am I imagining things or do the rules change every time I reset or change an event or WAC command? Sorting one problem seems to create another
Attached Files
File Type: zip LZ EQZ.zip (12.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-07-2010, 03:07 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
If you are using a MED event to trigger a WAC action like ... if event(#) then (for example) , then every time you create a new MED event that changes the MED event number you'll have to also change that event number in your WAC.

That's why I suggest using variables. Variable triggers won't change like MED event numbers.

However, if you are talking about WAC events not working correctly then the problem may be in conflicting WAC scripts, or you may have made errors in your WAC.

The rules of the WAC should not change or reset everytime you add or delete another WAC command or change a MED EVENT !!

Recheck your WAC for errors. If an error has been made in your scripting, then any WAC script below that error will not work !!

Last edited by dave61; 05-07-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:51 PM

Yes, thanks Dave, I just needed to know if was me or the program. I do change wac/event numbers as you said so I must have incorrect script. Setting variables? wouldn't have a clue but will tinker about and see what comes about.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:42 AM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Set the Mission variables in your MED when you want the MED event to trigger a WAC event. Then write the WAC command to recognize the Variable change.

For example the WAC command to recognize variables would look like this :

if eq(v1, 2) and never() then
wave("yourwavehere.wav")
endif
Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 AM

Invaluable

Your answer is Invaluable, the example gives me a basis to work on,
Old 06-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Dashie is offline Dashie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
If you are using a MED event to trigger a WAC action like ... if event(#) then (for example) , then every time you create a new MED event that changes the MED event number you'll have to also change that event number in your WAC.

That's why I suggest using variables. Variable triggers won't change like MED event numbers.

However, if you are talking about WAC events not working correctly then the problem may be in conflicting WAC scripts, or you may have made errors in your WAC.

The rules of the WAC should not change or reset everytime you add or delete another WAC command or change a MED EVENT !!

Recheck your WAC for errors. If an error has been made in your scripting, then any WAC script below that error will not work !!
Awesome advice Dave61! I should also add that you can move events up and down in the MED, but that's a huge pain in the butt, that I would not recommend. Variables are much better.

As punishment for giving advice on this thread, Dave61, you must make another one of those awesome maps you always make. The DFX2 map section is almost dead! Where is everyone? lol! I also sentence Skinney Killer, Spinney, and the rest of the gang to make more maps pronto!

I've been so busy at school, but now I have more time to make maps. I'm finishing up my series (Last map! Serious this time!), but will make more, despite how DFX2 pulled the equivalent of taking a cyanide capsule the day it came out.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:38 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashie View Post
Awesome advice Dave61! I should also add that you can move events up and down in the MED, but that's a huge pain in the butt, that I would not recommend. Variables are much better.

As punishment for giving advice on this thread, Dave61, you must make another one of those awesome maps you always make. The DFX2 map section is almost dead! Where is everyone? lol! I also sentence Skinney Killer, Spinney, and the rest of the gang to make more maps pronto!

I've been so busy at school, but now I have more time to make maps. I'm finishing up my series (Last map! Serious this time!), but will make more, despite how DFX2 pulled the equivalent of taking a cyanide capsule the day it came out.
LOL, I have been trying to make one last map. The very last map I intend to make for DFX2. But, I keep starting a map, then hating it and deleting it, then restarting another map, then hating it and deleting it again.

It has been a viscious cycle.

I'm just about burnt out on mapping for DFX & DFX2 after 20+ maps.

But, I will someday post my last map (maybe).
Old 06-03-2010, 02:46 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Many many guys have said the same about DFX2, and I do agree, dfx2 to me is almost depressing, or something not quite right, I had hoped for a edition of a nova game that was a 'good buy' a game with all the stuff in the right place, every map I've made for the last year in both DFX1 and DFX2 I found myself putting assets in from BHD and other games, cause the stuff I want in is just not in DFX1/2, examples can be found in the club med, first it was EE's safe, then the Scuds from BHD/mods now bhd un supplies
whats next week????.
Most players have moved on to other game, but the map makers are bogged down in the mud, I have COD mw2, sitting on the shelf with other more modern game on the way but can any of those games give us the THRILL we get making our own games ????
The future for us! IS TO ADAPT OR DIE, oh what about Angel Falls??? I've been with nova a long time, I think we all know what to expect...more of the same.

In the mean time I suggest you go back to what you like doing, we all had great hopes for DFX2, that were unfulfilled, and YOU knew that too!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:24 AM

No underground action and no maps suitable for laying a small town or city.
The biggest change to Df with DFX2 is it's demand on my CPU.
But, one good thing about the retention of some old assets in a game such as this, is it enables us to port over most of the structure of older version MED builds for revamping in the new.

Last edited by Guest001; 06-03-2010 at 03:36 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Dashie is offline Dashie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
LOL, I have been trying to make one last map. The very last map I intend to make for DFX2. But, I keep starting a map, then hating it and deleting it, then restarting another map, then hating it and deleting it again.

It has been a viscious cycle.

I'm just about burnt out on mapping for DFX & DFX2 after 20+ maps.

But, I will someday post my last map (maybe).
Haha! Story of my life, Dave61. If you went by my map attempts, "Commander Wupass" has been killed at least 5 times on completely different environments. I almost finished a map, minus AI, only to realize that it was a jumbled mess that would cause headaches.

I almost scrapped the flying map I made, based on one my favorite levels on Crash Bandicoot 3. Why? Nova's flying AI is terrible. The map was way too hard as a result. However, I had already finished it, and actually liked it, despite its faults, and thought it would be a shame just to delete it.

I think part of it is when you get an idea and really want to do it one day, but are not so enthusiastic about it the next day. Also, I've started some maps that I realized just wouldn't work on DF. DFAF should give us more freedom when map making.

There's nothing more futile than trying to force yourself to make a map just to put one out there. I found this out the hard way many times. I find it hard to make a map unless if I'm truly motivated to make a certain kind of map.

I think we're all just really tired of working with the same Nova assets over and over again. Most of them are very boring to work with, unfortunately. The engine is very old and tired, and is very bland looking. DFAF, when it eventually comes out, should bring the interest back to mapping.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:54 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Dashie, I wouldn't get your hopes up about DFAF,
those assets we use, have drifted down from delta force one, day one, and why I'm putting up new assets at the club med,(see targets like us) new to DFX1/2 not BHD, currently EE's safe, Scuds, Loco, and now UN supplies, that are truck/boat/chopper mountable, I'm tryinh to make a list of really really useful assets...lol
As mappers we all get this "Dave61 syndrome", hell I reakon even Elvis or Micheal Jackson got like that at times, thats why you have a plan and WORK IT OUT ON PAPER FIRST.

I'm sure if you go thru your old maps you will see a common theme of asset use, you have your favourite stuff, it would be prudent of you to keep a tight rein on that asset use for if AF does get released, locating and accessing those same assets to complete your map, naturally any additional assets would have to be upped too