Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 10-09-2019, 11:09 AM
chopperprop is offline chopperprop
=TMW=

Send a message via MSN to chopperprop
Hosting LAN Server help needed

I have a VM machine running multiple instances of AW2 all the TTG servers

it works fine and I have all the correct ports oped for each instance so now I am trying to host a LAN server that will allow anybody to join the LAN server from anywhere- I have configured port 32781 for this in the game config. and open the port to the VM inside the router just like all the other AW2 games that are running however I cant see the LAN game when I try to join from a different IP. I also just installed the port Forward wizard and it says the port is open. 32781. So the game server is running on a dedicated IP 47.50.185.238
Is there a HTML add on for a LAN lobby ? I can get battlelan to connect sometimes but this does not work for everyone. I guess what I am looking for is a WAC script to put in the game folder or HTML add on like used for Dagger so it is seen in the LAN lobby and not have use a 3rd party program such as Battlelan for joining

Last edited by chopperprop; 10-09-2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: needed it
Old 10-10-2019, 08:06 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Guess I don't understand the LAN part. Why host the public game as a LAN game? I've not really played JO much so I don't know the hosting aspects of it, but is there a different setting for hosting on NovaWorld vs LAN?

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 10-10-2019, 09:12 AM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

I don't recall if there was any way to do this without 3rd party. I know several jo hosts were using hamchi to host through lan over the net. there is also gameranger.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:43 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Maybe it's the VM network settings?

eg: Use the host connection directly or connect as cliet etc

BTW - Hope you're doing well Chopper and best wishes to all at TTG
Old 10-11-2019, 09:15 AM
=TMW=

Yes I am doing great thanks for asking hope you and everybody here at NovaHQ is also doing well !!!

So In case Novaworld goes down I wanted to keep a AW2 server up for anybody to join. Maybe a modified version of the Heartbeat DLL avalable here in the files section- Maybe Scott could create an alternate Lobby Here for JOTR and or AW2 that the Heartbeat DLL would work on ?

so also I an wondering if the PHP version of - DFX / Joint Operations Server Status Script JO-Status- could be modified to be a simple HTML for use on our Enjin Site ?
Old 10-11-2019, 09:18 AM
=TMW=

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Maybe it's the VM network settings?

eg: Use the host connection directly or connect as cliet etc

BTW - Hope you're doing well Chopper and best wishes to all at TTG
The VM are bridged directly to the host machine duplicating the connection thus giving them a local IP like the host and ran through a Linksys router to the Web internet so the port Forwarding works fine with all other instances of AW2 and DFX2 but so far with hosting Lan its a no go.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
=TMW=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Guess I don't understand the LAN part. Why host the public game as a LAN game? I've not really played JO much so I don't know the hosting aspects of it, but is there a different setting for hosting on NovaWorld vs LAN?

When Novaworld stops working as it has been doing lately usually for 1 hr to a day or 2 we will have a LAN server that everybody can join.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:23 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperprop View Post
Yes I am doing great thanks for asking hope you and everybody here at NovaHQ is also doing well !!!

So In case Novaworld goes down I wanted to keep a AW2 server up for anybody to join. Maybe a modified version of the Heartbeat DLL avalable here in the files section- Maybe Scott could create an alternate Lobby Here for JOTR and or AW2 that the Heartbeat DLL would work on ?

so also I an wondering if the PHP version of - DFX / Joint Operations Server Status Script JO-Status- could be modified to be a simple HTML for use on our Enjin Site ?
Unfortunately the heartbeat will not work with JO as it uses an entirely different lobby system that is integrated right into the game. It's not easy at all to make a JO lobby.

You could use an iframe to display the stats on your enjin site but PHP cannot be converted to HTML

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 10-11-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
The VM are bridged directly to the host machine duplicating the connection thus giving them a local IP like the host and ran through a Linksys router to the Web internet so the port Forwarding works fine with all other instances of AW2 and DFX2 but so far with hosting Lan its a no go.
JO and DFX2 don't have a dedicated or built in LAN server as far as I can determine.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:28 PM
=TMW=

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
JO and DFX2 don't have a dedicated or built in LAN server as far as I can determine.
when you firs start up JO or AW2 before logging into novaworld there is a LAN button option where you can host a server with maps in you game folder.

To host a multiplayer through novaworld with multiple instances you change the port number in the multiplayer section of the game.config file - 6th line down default is 32768
so for server 1-32769
server 2 - 32770 and so on up to 32787
open the port in the router for that machine - this all works great on all my machines using multiplayer.
Have not figured out LAN yet
Old 10-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
when you firs start up JO or AW2 before logging into novaworld there is a LAN button option where you can host a server with maps in you game folder.

To host a multiplayer through novaworld with multiple instances you change the port number in the multiplayer section of the game.config file - 6th line down default is 32768
so for server 1-32769
server 2 - 32770 and so on up to 32787
open the port in the router for that machine - this all works great on all my machines using multiplayer.
Have not figured out LAN yet
So it does - my bad, it's been a while now.

I've dealt with this same problem in the past so I know we're probably missing something here.

If you're sure the config is correct then the router is the likely suspect.

How about trying a port range instead of a single port?

I doubt having a DMZ or not would make any difference.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:21 AM
=TMW=

So BattleLan is the go to program to connect to the host machine but not sure how it does it - I guess I was hoping someone may know hot to duplicate what BattleLan does into a WAC script that can be put into the game folder or something similar like.