Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:49 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
How did you create your nickname?

So I've always been curious as to how everyone got their nickname that they post with here on the forums or play games with. Was it a childhood name? Do you think it's a cool word? How did you come up with it?

Well, my first name when I started playing the delta force series was gen.steele. I'm actually embarrassed to admit it. It was taken from some guy in Black Hawk Down (movie) except he wasn't a general, I think he was sergeant.

Anyway, after growing up a little, I chose the name Edge because I do a lot of **** without thinking before doing it. So I guess you could say I live my life on the edge? I dunno.

So, how did your name come about?
Old 08-02-2009, 05:28 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
well my name ShArP game from when i joined my first squad i think back in 2002-2003ish. i always used the name sharpshooter or i think it was like $}{/-\rpsh00ter or something of that sorts and when i joined my first squad i had to shorten my name so i choose sharp and everyone else in the squad had every other letter capitalized so i thought it was cool and that is where ShArP came from

and i have no clue where i started using the name sharpshooter from because the name i used before that was supersniper, think i might have been inspired by the marine sharpshooters

Old 08-02-2009, 05:54 PM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Hah I used to go by Sharpshooter when i first joined Novahq ;P I don't know where it came from either.

I think the next main one was Klu7ch. When i was in school, we had to 'invent' chocolate bars and market them. Another group named theirs Klutch (clutch with a k, obvs), and i thought it looked really cool, so i changed it a bit by adding the 7 instead of a 't'.

The next major name was my current gaming/online name, Loken. I've been reading a series of Warhammer sci-fi/fantasy books, and my favourite character was called Garviel Loken (absolute legend tbh), so I took his last name because i liked his character so much ;P

A lot of people ask me if im German with a name like Loken heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 08-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
First initial, full last name, I pulled the numbers out of nowhere

no imagination, right guys?

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 08-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
in the service i had this buddy who was a warrant officer (W3) we use to call him chief in the motor pool, great guy to hang out with. adfp came from a squad i try to start-up but it did not workout after a time the guys got tire of NL-game and gone on to better killing fields

as for my real name i was name after "good father" (that was his nick name or the P-church gave him) who real name was william j .........
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
Ive had the name Killerbee since DukeNukem 3D days in 1996 My freinds said I played fast and furious always moving so they started calling me Bee and I got alot of kills so I added the killer to it. My match name when i Use to play tournys was Kb and the only other gaming name I have is Nighthorror On WOW because Killerbee just didn't fit for that game.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 08-03-2009, 01:20 AM
C0ld Sh0w3r is offline C0ld Sh0w3r
West

Send a message via AIM to C0ld Sh0w3r
Was originally Demoknot, but no one can pronounce that properly on CoD4, so after a night of royally whooping up on some people, I mentioned how dealing with the last match required me to take a Cold Shower. Thus, a legend was born.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:41 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Blackbelt came about because I registered on a forum the day I got it, and it ended up being something that never was taken

Last edited by Lakie; 04-04-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
My nickname for games was ZoRRo but then one day I decided to change it.... so I looked around my room for something that would have a cool name, then I saw Athlon on my computer case and unintentionally misspellng it I put my name as atholon.

I have also been called just about everything:

Waltmart
Walt-o-meal
Walnut
Walt Disney
Wall-e
CtrlWaltDelete
Old 08-03-2009, 09:32 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

"CtrlWaltDelete"

LMAO xD thats immense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
heh, I actually used that for my dev blog.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:55 AM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

the name RedrumSalad came from when i joined a battlefield vietnam clan (my name was delta for some odd reason) that had something to do with redrum (cant remember) so when i left (this was when i was maybe 10) i joined another clan on bf1942 called Merc (mercenary) and i still used delta, then i went back to bf: vietnam, and joined a clan call 300, (i was 11) eventually i ticked off the clan leader for wanting to join their ally clan because they had actual ranks (Pvt. Lcpl. Cpl. Sgt. etc.) other than numbers and wat section u belonged to (special forces, assault, etc.) so, in order to join their allied clan (LOS - Legion of Seals) i had to change my name so their leader wouldnt notice, so i changed it to Gaz (from cod4, i was 11, remember) and after maybe 2 days, the clan leader i had left found out because i changed my name on xfire (oops) and he was on my friends list. so he just got ticked and deleted me from his friends list. so i lived on in LOS for a year, then, because my comp started to go bad with gaming, i had to tell everyone that i wasnt gonna be online that much because i can only play at my gparents (their computer is awesome for gaming). so one day, i went to play BHD online on my PS2 i typed in the name Redrum and it said i couldnt use it, so i looked at the suggestions (all they do is add something at the end) and after looking through them for 10 minutes up came RedrumSalad, and ive used it ever since. now, LOS is dead, Merc is dead, and the closest thing i have to being in a clan is my clan tag on cod4 on the 360: [][][] (well, its really just ][][, the other to [] are where the clan tag goes)

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010
Old 08-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I think a few of my friends started calling me Chrispy back at my first school... either that, or I came up with it myself. It was a play on the word crispy so I liked it. :P
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Sam is offline Sam
Nobody loves me

i first made up my original name bf2multi100 bf2 means battlefield 2, multi is for multiplayer (cause back when i thought of it i was playing bf2 online alott) 100 is just a random number i though of, now my name Sam is for my real name
Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 PM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

u know, i forgot y that bf: vietnam clan leader wouldnt let me go to his allied clan

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010
Old 08-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Sam is offline Sam
Nobody loves me

lol
Old 08-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Hmm Mine Originated in the late 70's I used to use Citizens' Band radio, and my CB Handle used to be Black Salamander. When I started DF2<--First Online Game I played I used Salamander UK and now as its such a mouthfull It is now Sal UK for short..lol
Old 08-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Sam is offline Sam
Nobody loves me

good name sal
Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal UK View Post
Hmm Mine Originated in the late 70's I used to use Citizens' Band radio, and my CB Handle used to be Black Salamander. When I started DF2<--First Online Game I played I used Salamander UK and now as its such a mouthfull It is now Sal UK for short..lol
in the late 80s my handle was Bill65 Miami fl area till med 90s

i still have my CB Radios
  • President HR26000 (10meter radio made into a CB Radio SB, FM, AM, Slider)
  • superstar 360fm (CB radio made into a 10meter ham radio 4000ch)
    have to get a Frequency-counter for it.
  • tornado kicker 280w booster for the car or on the base station

still have the base station directional antenna, man i had great time talking over seas with others. we don't use call sign like ham operators do

sad none of it setup now days after i move up north hang it up. was fun being a pirate of the air waves. but the joy in it is dead now days who knows maybe get back into it next life time
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-10-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
when we had CB here it was Illegal I also had a superstar 360fm, real easy to get lost when it was modded to the teeth..lol

They only became legal here in 1982 or 81 but you could only use 40 channels on the FM band.

It was funny when the DTI used to come around our area you saw all the ariels comming down and friends used to place the cb in a bag and bury it, because they would smash it up infront of you with a hammer.
Strange how things have changed you could probably sue thier ass these days..lol