Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 04-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Buzz is offline Buzz

Send a message via Yahoo to Buzz
Well you might not but I do and I have high end cable 1GB of ram 128MB vid card and 2.0 processor and it still gets choppy.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
ok i think i might of mis-understood you. Do you mean screen lag as in choppyness or lag as in internet lag?
Old 04-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Buzz is offline Buzz

I mean screen lag not net lag my pings do good just seems like we need 512MB vid cards to play this thing and a decent net connection also they should make it to where persons on dial up use a different server than those on cable ie...punt high pings!
Old 04-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Quote:
Originally posted by Cody 7
ok i think i might of mis-understood you. Do you mean screen lag as in choppyness or lag as in internet lag?
OH! i thought you ment internet lag! I agree 100% on screen lag! way too much! i have a 32mb video card and unless i crank the details all of the way down, the screen lag makes it unplayable. I have even heard that people with 128mb cards get screen lag! so that is proff we need to scale the mapsize down alot (i think) what kinda card do u got?

P.S. i have to admit no internet lag at all!
Old 04-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Buzz is offline Buzz

I have a geForce 5200FX its a 128 MB card and I get lag constantly what is the point of putting out a game if we have to turn the details all the way down to play it?
Old 04-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

F**K man i was thinking of getting that same card only 256mb! it was a decent price, but from what your saying and from what everyone else is saying is to stay away from that card now if i get it i can always return it. Video cards act differently on any given computer. I hear you can get a great card, the Radeon 9600Pro 128mb for around $150. We might want to try that card :P
Old 04-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Buzz is offline Buzz

Well you may not be able to get a certain type of card you need to figure out if your pc is AGP or PCI complatible first
Old 04-11-2004, 06:12 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cry

I have to say that so far I am very disappointed in this latest game from Nova. I may get the full game when it comes out but it's been a big let down so far and I hope the finished product is a hell of a lot better. That's my 2 cents worth!

Regards
Old 04-11-2004, 06:38 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
I have to say that so far I am very disappointed in this latest game from Nova. I may get the full game when it comes out but it's been a big let down so far and I hope the finished product is a hell of a lot better. That's my 2 cents worth!

Regards
same here
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-12-2004, 05:09 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this Chief because I think it has the potential to be a very good game but it needs to improve a lot in the final version!

Warm Regards bro
Old 04-12-2004, 05:11 PM
E.Valencia is offline E.Valencia

what we are playing is a sample of the beta, they've changed a WHOLE lot in the official beta the those first few ppl have.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:50 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Hey Baddog and Chief, what exacly are you dissapointed about? if you could what would you have them change?
Old 04-16-2004, 11:17 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Hi Bro,

For me I would have them make sure there are some smaller maps for cqb and I'm not sure how servers running games with a 100 players on is going to be a lot of fun. Just my humble opinion.

I prefer direct combat against other opponents instead of some one in a tank/helicopter gunship.

regards
Old 04-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
Hi Bro,

For me I would have them make sure there are some smaller maps for cqb and I'm not sure how servers running games with a 100 players on is going to be a lot of fun. Just my humble opinion.
AMEN!

I definentally agree on the map size. I love this theme of dark, foggy, thick jungle forest, but not 1.5km big and 100 player map! talk about screen lag!

I think nova did a great job overall on the game (8/10 stars) but since a map is what you always have to play on, it can make or break a game. Make or Break

P.S. Thanks baddog for telling us your honest and humble opinion insted of just saying F**K THIS GAME! IT SUCKS C**K! i always welcome a well-put opinion

-Cody 7
Old 04-17-2004, 05:24 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Hi Cody!

Thanks for the comments bro, I think it will be a good game if Nova allows for the guys and gals who like the smaller maps and you make a good point about screen lag with a 100 players on a server!

Warm Regards
Old 04-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Old 05-07-2004, 01:04 AM
fUnc is offline fUnc

Send a message via ICQ to fUnc
im an old lw player myself, and at first i didnt like jo but im becoming more accustomed to it and like any nova game its growing on me.

first off, i hate vehicles. i like raping and actually having to shoot ppl. the stupid nade boats and rocket helos just give the noobs a chance to look good, and its a real pain when your raping their base and a rocket helo comes over and starts hovering around you and you cant do anything but try to hide which never works. you can sometimes shoot them out but its really pointless to try against a rocket helo. the transports is cool and all, but all the shooting vehicles need some kind of fix to make it harder for them to be effectively used.

the recoil and shooting mechanics ive gotten used to. its not hard to hit ppl with a m4 or ak as it seems at first just takes a little time. the good thing about being harder to get a kill is that it gives a new level of skill that needs to be gained unlike everyone being a good magger like in lw. you can still rape.

the bugs have to go. it really sucks when you shoot a at4 and hit a guy on a gun emplacement only for him not to die. i cant get used to the whole gun emplacements being good now, in lw once you heard someone shooting a gun emplacement you got a free kill. only noobs used gun emplacements, and now for some reason its damn hard to hit them if they are looking forward.

sniping needs to be fixed. if any of you go play in the customs without tracers you will see what i mean. it gets pretty stupid when 12 of your 16 man team is carrying a 50 cal. and any noob can sit back 400 m and shoot ppl out of the helos driver seats and without tracers you would hardly ever find him. and with the recoil and at4s not being able to go 200m without dropping, you cant even kill them past 300m unless your a sniper.

all in all i enjoy the game greatly. alot of old lw players are having a hard time because the grass stops hill glitching and hill raping semi decently. you think your about head up on teh hill shooting when your actually prob. knee up on the hill cause they dont see grass from past 50m, but its in your face blocking your view. if they could just fix a few things to give us oldschool df players a chance to run and gun and shine it would be all good. ill still play it ive become addicted to it like any nova game, but my attention may dwindle when i start having to assault with a 50 cal or climb in a vehicle to even stand a chance.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
I am in the tech beta program, and being under an NDA, I can't say a whole lot. BUT...let me just say that the game has undergone some DRASTIC changes since the public demo came out.

I was not a fan of it at all until they began to polish it up. Believe me when I say you are going to like the finished product.

If you will back up in this thread, you will see that I was bitterly disappointed in the demo relase early on, but I will actually be glad to go out and buy it now.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:41 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS GAME! this game has potential... but i guess the DEMO was a letdown, dues to gameplay. though i must say the graphics is excellent. Felt like DFBHD (my all time fave) combined wid BF1942. yeahhhh the map is huge too... but i played in some of the custom maps... & that rocks! all u need is at least to have 4 to 6 of u in a squad.. and divide your team in 4 to 5 squads (let say u play in a 50ppl server) and play on from there. if u play it like an arcade and go on playing as solo operative... then u'll be getting like 40 deaths & 7 kills ratio...muahahhahahaa UNLESS!!!! ure a sniper that is.... but i suggest even snipers should work in pair here.... a spotter & a sniper would do GREAT!

Last tip is to avoid the usual route from let say... point a to point b. coz even the map is big... the route to each destination is so predictable, especially if ure using a chopper or a boat. one more thing.. if u know ure about to die while ure on a chopper...eheheh do a kamikaze dive.... i do it all the time at enemy respawn point hehehhee
Old 06-18-2004, 02:42 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS GAME! this game has potential... but i guess the DEMO was a letdown, dues to gameplay. though i must say the graphics is excellent. Felt like DFBHD (my all time fave) combined wid BF1942. yeahhhh the map is huge too... but i played in some of the custom maps... & that rocks! all u need is at least to have 4 to 6 of u in a squad.. and divide your team in 4 to 5 squads (let say u play in a 50ppl server) and play on from there. if u play it like an arcade and go on playing as solo operative... then u'll be getting like 40 deaths & 7 kills ratio...muahahhahahaa UNLESS!!!! ure a sniper that is.... but i suggest even snipers should work in pair here.... a spotter & a sniper would do GREAT!

Last tip is to avoid the usual route from let say... point a to point b. coz even the map is big... the route to each destination is so predictable, especially if ure using a chopper or a boat. one more thing.. if u know ure about to die while ure on a chopper...eheheh do a kamikaze dive.... i do it all the time at enemy respawn point hehehhee.

ohhh one last BLOODY thing... how da hell do use the target designator & mortars? how does it work? remembered being baraged by mortars at aour psp base... those bastards!!!!