Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:04 AM
BlacKSmurF is offline BlacKSmurF

The campaign on DFX was actually pretty decent for a DF game... which is to say it was pretty bland, but consistently bland. I kept losing all of my save files (classic Novalogic), so I never made it all the way through the game.

The only campaign I've ever really enjoyed in a Novalogic game was the fan based mod for BHD called Deep Jungle (basically, Far Cry assets in BHD, along with the OICW pulled from the game's files). I could not get over the amount of effort put into it.

The AI in BHD was always abysmal - getting stuck on corners, shooting at walls, etc. However, it had incredible music and voice acting.

Also... did you guys read that they found DFX2 in Osama Bin Laden's hideout?
Old 09-21-2015, 10:54 AM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
I finished the DF1, DF2, DFLW, BHD/TS, and DFX campaigns.

DF1 and DF2 are really fun. The environments were groundbreaking and the story was acceptable for that era.

The DFLW campaign was pretty fun, but the environments felt a lot more bland and arcadish without actual grass. Decent voice acting.

The BHD campaign is my favorite of the entire series. The addition of user-controlled squads, enemies using emplacements and vehicles, a voiced player character, detailed environments, and a real storyline made for an excellent campaign. It has obvious faults such as mediocre AI and very bland one-dimensional terrains, but I still enjoyed playing it.

DFX was a fun trip down memory lane, and it was interesting to replay DF1 on the BHD engine with new drivable vehicles and such, so it gets a pass from me.

DFX2 made zero improvements and still felt exactly like BHD. It's very sad to play as it reflects the nail in NovaLogic's coffin. The AI and voice acting regressed since BHD also.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:25 PM
DF1ServerLobby is offline DF1ServerLobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonS View Post
Also confirming the DF1 steam version as not working with the patch. The game simply crashes when you try to launch.

I also cannot run DF1 fullscreen without a huge Windows10 task bar (with the _ Square and X) at the top. It's huge because its like a 640x480 window. Can't seem to get rid of it with Alt + Enter etc.

Windows 10 & Steam here.
There is a way to get rid of the taskbar. Someone linked me a fix, but it involves a 3rd party software. I use it, it isn't all that bad.

http://westechsolutions.net/sites/Wi...derlessGaming/

There is a manual for it. You basically have to window DF1, ID the window by pressing F3. Then from then on, whenever you start DF1, just hit F3 (with the program running of course).

Worked like a charm for me.

Also increase in game resolution in df.cfg file. game_res=5 max_res=5

-blk magic
Old 09-21-2015, 11:29 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Thanks for the link blk magic! I'll add it to the how to soon!

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 09-30-2015, 09:37 PM
devilsclaw is offline devilsclaw

Steam Games

So I decided to do the every novalogic pack from steam. since some people seem to be having problems with the steam version.

The stream versions executable code on the exe file only eg. df2.exe is encrypted/repacked. which is why my patch program does not work.

the exe is not compressed, just encrypted and wrapped with the steam code that forces you to use steam to play the game. that being said once the game is decrypted and in memory, it is exactly the same as the download version you get from other online store. and that version is just a nocd patched version of the newest cd version of the game, with a slight lobby mod that does not work.

so if steam users want, they could just download the newest update from novalogics and apply that onto the steam version and then do a nocd patch and be in a better boat.

1) Download http://ftp.novalogic.com/DF2/df2_update_030700_xx.exe
2) Download http://www.devilsclaws.net/downloads..._Lobby_fix.zip
3) Download http://www.devilsclaws.net/downloads..._CdToWebDL.zip
4) Run df2_update_030700_xx.exe
5) Find your Steam DF2 install eg. C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Delta Force 2\df2.exe
6) Apply the update
7) Apply DF2_CdToWebDL patch
8) Apply the DF2_Lobby_fix
9) Be sure to copy the new ibrowse.dll into the game folder
10) Play the game, and never let steam validate the install again. or it will undo what you just did
Old 09-30-2015, 10:13 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Thanks DC

Old 09-30-2015, 10:17 PM

DF1 Version
1) Download http://ftp.novalogic.com/DF/df_update_082200_us.exe
2) Download http://www.devilsclaws.net/downloads..._Lobby_fix.zip
3) Download http://www.devilsclaws.net/downloads..._CdToWebDL.zip
4) Run df_update_082200_us.exe
5) Find your Steam DF install eg. C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Delta Force\df.exe
6) Apply the update
7) Apply DF1_CdToWebDL patch
8) Apply the DF1_Lobby_fix
9) Be sure to copy the new netsock.dll into the game folder
10) Play the game, and never let steam validate the install again. or it will undo what you just did
Old 10-01-2015, 03:15 AM

DC TEST server is up, testing a 32 player patch. not sure if it is complete or not yet but i think it should work, in df1 lobby
Old 10-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
playing a bit now on the a df2 server I am defiantly rusty.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 10-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Nice! It comes back pretty quick.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
I can't get df1 to load novaworld I patched the game and it logs like its going to work then says its a invalid ULR. when i patch with devels program it won't let me even start novaworld multiplayer or even play single player.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 10-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

What version are you using? If it's steam make sure you don't have it validate the install again.

Install game
Update game http://www.novahq.net/files.php?ID=9
Overwrite files with this archive: http://www.novahq.net/files.php?ID=541

Old 10-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Administrator

No it the original copy from disk. I am a packrat when I comes to my games....

-- C.S. Lewis
Old 10-01-2015, 11:19 PM

if you have the cd version it might be out of date do the same instructions as the steam version just look for it in the nova logic folder in the program files instead of steam.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:52 PM
grenadier501 is offline grenadier501
JO mod maker

Works perfectly on win XP both DF1 and DF2 thank you so much DevilsClaw
Old 10-07-2015, 02:41 PM
DBD.WARLORD is offline DBD.WARLORD

It's great to see DF/DF2 servers are back up!

I've bought and downloaded DF2 today via Steam and had a couple games on the multiplayer!

I'm very used to DFLW so DF2 was slightly different in handling but i thoroughly enjoyed it!

Hope to see you all on the server sometime
Old 10-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Welcome back DBD.WARLORD

Old 10-09-2015, 01:45 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKSmurF View Post
The AI in BHD was always abysmal - getting stuck on corners, shooting at walls, etc. However, it had incredible music and voice acting.
I'd like to kindly give my opinion on your comment as I've seen comments like it many times.

The AI in BHD was above standard for the day IMO and the errors you mention are rare and can happen in any game unless tested and adjusted, this is done before publishing but some things are just unforeseen.

If you make a map yourself you'll find all the AI is set to a minimum standard setting so you will get the problem you speak of unless you individually edit and tweak the AI settings yourself.

This is something many people miss.

The settings are actually very comprehensive and impressive in their scope.

Also there are many other things you can do to alter the behaviour of the game AI like area triggers, waypoints and variables but it takes a lot of effort and a good sized map with this in mind can take months. (at an average editing time of 2-3 hours a day also playing the map over and over)

So yes, it can take hundreds of hours to fully finish a map, trust me on that point.

Last edited by Guest001; 10-09-2015 at 01:57 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:16 PM
draconem is offline draconem
И00вš' Kıиg

IBrowse modification request...

This a message for DevilsClaw...

The DF comunity really apreciates the effort and hard work you made to fix the lobby issue.

About a month I just got back from 1 year absence, 2-3 ago I was test helping Shayne-SYN for a Lobby replacement project he was working on, probably some people saw the hard work and effort... the project was called DF2OMG!.

Shayne even rented a server to allocate the new lobby, it was fully functional, 'til he had to start to work in day job projects, so the server is no longer availlable since then, but I learned 1 or 2 things from him in the meantime, so heres my request..

Is there a chance that DevilsClaw can modify the IBrowse file to include a line that when parsed to the DF2 internal browse, shows the lobby with no "font smoothing" issues?

the original line codes looks like this:
HTML Code:
</HEAD>

<BODY TEXT="#FFFFFF" BGCOLOR="#000000" LINK="#FFFF00" VLINK="#FFFF00" ALINK="#00FFFF">
The modification I request is the following:
HTML Code:
</HEAD>
<BODY TEXT="#FFFFFF" BGCOLOR="#000000" LINK="#FFFF00" VLINK="#FFFF00" ALINK="#00FFFF">
<font face="System">
the the respective tag closing at the end of the HTML code, like this:
HTML Code:
</font>
</BODY>
This was used by Shayne on their server and when seen it in the DF2 Browser, DFFavs or DF2Pinger, it looked very clearly and nice, there was no need to increase the font size or to disable the "font smoothing" in our windows systems.

I used the same trick in my website to have an Offline Lobby, heres an example of that:

Hope the request is accepted.

Cheers.